Fairy Initiatives

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Prami, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

All Faeries should have the potential to enter play with 8 SPD. I feel that this is part of their fantasy, along with very low Health, low DMG, and 0 DEF. I would like to see reorganization for all themes, so that it feels like you're playing with more than just a pile of stats.

I've included the Apprentice Mage, Elven Strategist, & Throne of the Circle in this theme because of their low Health (benefits from Foment), utility, and because both themes are intertwined through the Tower of Amareth & Chained Fae.

Apprentice Mage
    *Telleport 2 reduced to rank 1
    *Solo: Evasive replaced with Solo: Reflection (Wizards, generally, should not have Evasive)

Conclave Warden
    *Class changed to Shaman from Wizard
    *DMG reduced to 9 from 14
    *DEF reduced to 0 from 1
    *Surge: Fairy/Enemy added
    *SPD increased to 6 from 5
    *(upgrade) Entangling Attack replaced with Mental Net
    *(Upgrade) Deflect replaced with Deflect: Psychic
    *(Upgrade) Psychic Aura 2 reduced to rank 1 and moved to base
    *(Upgrade) Stat bonus: Speed 1 added

Fae Enchantress
    *Evasive 1 replaced with Escape

Moonbeams
    *Strike removed from base
    *Illuminate trigger clause changed to "on-hit" from "successful damage".
    *Numerous added to base
    *Health reduced to 33 from 37
    *(Upgrade) Escape moved to base
    *(Upgrade) Stat Bonus: Speed 1 added

Nectar Fairy
    *New portrait artwork (face is scary realistic & disproportional)
    *DEF reduced to 0 from 1

Nymph
    *Amplify: Psychic moved to base
    *Stat Bonus: Speed 1 added to upgrades

Snare Fairy
    *(Upgrade) Chill 1 moved to base
    *Evasive 1 moved to upgrades & increased to rank 2

Sprite
    *class changed to Rogue Shaman from Rogue

Starlight Sylph
    *DMG reduced to 9 from 10
    *DEF reduced to 0 from 1
    *SPD increased to 7 from 6
    *Starlight's RNG increased to 1-6 from 2-6
    *Class changed to Shaman Wizard from wizard

Sun Blossom
    *SPD increased to 7 from 6

Wisp
    *DMG increased to 11 from 10
    *DEF reduced to 0 from 1
    *fascinate not working when granted by Crown of petals (bug)

Crown of Petals
    *Changed to indicate that the added abilities are upgrades (yellow arrows for added abilities)

Herbal Antidote
    *Healing Remedy changed to only affect Allies
    *Healing increased to 5 from 4

Petrichor
    *Ability description changed to "AOE 3. When this spell is cast and at the beginning of every turn for 3 turns champions are healed for 5 HP and gain Pacified 1.

Throne of the Circle
    *Magic Nova 3 reduced to rank 2

Tower of Amareth
    *"If the attacking champion is a Fairy or a Wizard..." clause changed to damage the closest unit to the attacking champion, instead of the tower.

Regulate
    *Changed to be un-cleansable
    *Champions coming into play during the duration of the spell are subject to it's effects
    *DMG reduced to 8, SPD increased to 6
    *Nectar Fairy sprite changed to be more translucent (easier to see the original sprite behind it).

Stellar Horizon
    *New animation added (would like to see Aurora Borealis) so as not to be confused with other spells (generic sparkling dust).

Misc.
    *Relics changed to indicated when they are under the effects of stealth
    *Shadowspawned champions changed to indicate when they are under the effects of stealth.
    *Fester changed to only affect damaged champions
    *Reflection reduced to 2-3 ranks (either 2/4/6 or 3/6)
    *Barrage reduced to 2 ranks, both at a CD of 3 (rank 2 making 3 attacks)
    *There should be a melee Faerie. Why isn't there a melee Faerie?

Changes aren't meant to be buffs/nerfs, but are rather intended to change how the runes are played. Some changes are intended to increase the viability of different upgrade paths, please keep this in mind. Any and all input is appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Amusing as always.

3. cantha

cantha The King of Potatoes

See mate, I understand people have different opinions about runes, design and general look of the game, I respect that. The cool thing about pox community has always been the fact that singular members could influence and improve the look of the game. Now, as history shows, pox had a great number of those members, some were of course better than others in what change they advocated for and how well they tried to convey their vision. I've been around for a while and believe me, I read a lot of dumb ideas throughout those years but none of those can even compare to the stuff you're proposing. I really don't want to sound mean because I'm guessing you put a lot of effort into writing and coming up with all those... thoughts of yours, but please (and it's a genuine request), think twice before you write anything more. Perhaps get in touch with some more experienced players, look into the history of the runes, read a little more or something. Alternatively just accept the fact that not everybody has a good eye for balance and rune design.

4. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

And just now we were talking how ST/IS 1 AP bonus wrecks the game....
    1) SPD is the catalyst of winning/losing. It is the Mother Supreme of all stats, the Great One of all aspects of the game.
    2) If this is true, I'll want to split every one of my BG with faeries to use its 8SPD for a Draw-Win capabilities. So now, they're officially a goodstuff racial!
    yippe-kayey

5. Prami

What i meant is that with everything a faerie has available (Stat Bonus: Speed, KF faction bonus, any abilities that grant additional AP) that all faeries have the potential to start out with 8 SPD/AP. Splitting with another faction would severely hamper them as envisioned above.

I always envisioned a broader map rework. They simply aren't large enough in general. Basic attacks costing 3 AP, Base AP for units has a pretty established floor or 5-6AP. The distance between Shrine zone and Font zone is typically no more than 8 spaces, giving those champions starting off with 8 SPD a huge advantage. There simply isn't enough room for balanced SPD variation between the ability/attack cost floor and the ceiling made by the size/objective distances on the current maps. Thematically, i feel that as i wrote above, Faeries should have no DEF, low DMG, and high SPD. That's it. That high SPD is an issue with the current maps is an issue with the maps, not high SPD.

Look, you can keep on appealing to current trends and how Pox Nora currently plays, and you can denounce anyone who suggests that these things need to change; that's fine, you're entitled to your opinions (so long as you can defend them). In all of the time that you've played Pox and in all of the time you've spent adapting to it's mechanics, you've lost sight of something essential. Pox Nora is broken, it doesn't work. Pox Nora is not fun, it's not balanced, and it's not competitive; not for the majority of people who would otherwise play this game. That's why Pox Nora is stuck with a few hundred players at most. This isn't a result of lack of advertising, it's not a result of server instability, or it's outdated/ugly interfaces; though these are all important factors. Pox Nora is not balanced, and until it is, it will never be a popular competitive game. Get out of your shells, look at the bigger picture, or prepare yourself for a whole lot of disappointment, because Pox Nora isn't going anywhere the way it is now.
    I just take notes as i play. These are my desires and expectations as a player. That's it, you don't have to agree with them, though any input/discussion is appreciated. I already anticipated opposition to high speed, and i just justified it. I may come back and clarify later, but my interest in Pox Nora has waned to just the daily missions now (player vs player is too unbalanced, it's a joke).

Maybe I've been spoiled by balanced games like LoL, but they've set the bar now; anything lower in unacceptable.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  6. bluestun

bluestun Member

I think faerie are fine the way they are. They are very weak, but that is thematic. They have the perfect counter anyways in the spell regulate. While your enemy super champs are nerfed into nothing, most faeries actually will get stronger. Unless they are playing FF KF as well all of your champs will be faster, and Throw in a combination of sunblossoms, nectar faeries, or towers of amareth and you will out damage your enemies as well. Also warbanner+chained fae+conclave warden's ferment ability will give your faeries +17hp each. Also snare faerie is a split rune so debilitate will ruin your opponents speed even worse and starlight slyph's starshine will make an enemy 9dmg champ do half dmg while encouraged+starshine will make it do amazing dmg compared to everyone else. Also bridge to nowhere, balancing act, and erilunns favor will make your champs even faster still.

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I am Prami, I ruin good things with thoughtless and unecessary "ideas" based entirely around my own conception of how someone else's idea should have worked.

Go make your own game.

8. Prami

I forgot to mention how obnoxious the community is (not that 200 people is much of a sample size), my bad. No one is forcing you to read the text i submit.
    I feel that Faeries Health is a bit too high in general. But that's a simple stat tweak. I'm mainly focused on mechanical/thematic changes.

9. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Everytime I read one of your initiatives I sigh, die a little inside and wonder if I should even comment on this:

There are Melee fairy's... Nectar fairy, Conclave Warden, Fae guard nullbeast (as its meant for the fae deck) and the wisp... but you want to take that out of the fae

(Another note) Using the wisp when engaging for nexus aura is also useful to spread the damage out over your multiple fae so that one unit doesn't just take the full amount of damage in one turn when initiating. I would say this means that the Wisp is a pretty central fairy to have in this deck

How can you even want to change the health of some of them, the majority are 39 so they get to benefit from foment and how you can want to lower some of it more is a joke.

All of these "initiatives" just seem to be an attack on the faction and on units that utterly do not need tweaking.

The starlight sylph's telekentic thrust is an auto ability for me so that I can push them into force barriers dealing much more damage (thus syergising well with sprite and fae oracle) and if its about the taste imagine it as expanding its bubble to push champions away from itself. Just because the abilities name isn't something like bubble push doesn't mean it needs changing.

If anything I think that the nectar fairy needs first aid back or charged heal and heal charged, petrichor is meant to be a fast heal and when you look at it in coparison to desperate heal its really not that bad.

May I suggest that if you have all of the issues with KF that you have een stating over and over and over again that you go try a different faction as you clearly don't enjoy playing this one

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  10. Celestus

If you had spoken to the KF community instead of being obnoxious yourself and feeling as if all of these changes are needed because you deem the to when no one seems to agree with you, then you would see how we make the stat upgrades and abilities fit; using telekentic thrust with force barrier, then you might not need to put such "initiatives" up.

11. Prami

I meant a Faerie that specializes in melee & damage. The Nectar Fairy is half support, the Conclave Warden has a ranged attack, and i feel that the Wisp belongs in a different theme.

Yes, i want to remove the Faerie race from the Wisp (I feel that it belongs primarily in the growing Spirit theme, with FW) & the Faerie race is holding it back; but that doesn't mean that it can't be used in a Faerie deck. I would like to see it with slightly higher DMG and Health.

Low Health is part of the fantasy for the Faerie theme. Too many Faeries hover as close to 39 Health as possible, and this holds the theme back.

The raw healing for Petrichor is really really boring, and it doesn't even follow the fantasy established in the flavor text. Raw, powerful healing is unhealthy for the game.

I don't know exactly what i would like to see happen with the Starlight Sylph, and think i made that pretty clear. I don't feel that psychic themed abilities have any place with Wizards who's theme should revolve primarily around the "pure" elements (Magic, Fire, Frost, Electric)

The game needs to be balanced, and a good place to start is through the various themes.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Gods I am glad you have no say in the balance decisions for the game.

13. RedDain

Prami thinks that using the word "fantasy" gets him a pass for the fundamental error of assuming "logic and physics" have any role in an online, make-believe, unrealistic strategy/tactics game. Fairies are small, so they should have low health and low damage. "Logic"... classic response to this basic error is "logic has no bearing" -- so he substitutes "fantasy" and arrogates himself the powers of determining what "fits" in the fantasy.

14. Prami

The fantasy for the Fae is already fairly well established. Low damage, small, fast, using tricks (utility) to outwit larger foes. Suddenly introducing a Faerie with 55+ Health, 5 SPD, & 2 DEF is the sort of thing that would absolutely violate this theme. Establishing a fantasy/identity for each theme, race, & every single rune is an important step in creating immersion. If the developers aren't doing this, then they might as well have a black and white board with a bunch of different numbers. "Logic" as you say is important. What you imagine you are doing within the game, the fantasy that is projected & that you build upon through your imagination is important.

15. RedDain

Go back and read the basis for Fairy lore... there are "Fairies" that are extremely large, powerful, and dangerous in all mythos. Who are you to say that the only fairies allowed in pox are those that you envision based on Tinkerbell in your favorite disney monstrosity? Go read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy even the most basic and gross over-generalizations of Fairies, and you will find an extreme amount of diversity that includes trolls, elves, gnomes, demons, angelic beings, and much more. Snap out of your ethnocentric, eurocentric, disney-centric view of human myth.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  16. Prami

Because if there are giant faeries, then there is nothing to distinguish them from other units from other themes. I also don't appreciate how quickly you've gravitated towards blatant insults. I'm not looking for a fight.

17. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

And, based on this post, I must assume that you also do not follow any discussion in the KF section. At one point in our past, KF did have a leg up in SPD, and that is made them a viable faction. KF is slowly losing its flexibility as a faction as everything else is powercreeping and SOE decided to cookie cut runes based on faction bonuses.

Calm down Red. If you don't like it, don't post anything on it. You've seen posts of his before, there's no reason to barrage him like this.

---

Anywho, I'm not a huge fan of these ideas. Some of these literally are nerfs. Like:

Throne of the Circle: Seems to unintentionally hurt Wizard theme. It is barely used regularly nowadays, I have no desire to see it get thwarted.

Moonbeams: Removing Strike from a theme that has low damage?

Conclave Warden: This IS a melee Fairy. Leave it as is. If you're going to leave Dissipate on it, it needs 6 Fairies/Enemies on the field before it is anything like it was Pre-Prami change. That's crazy. Take dissipate off, and it may be reasonable.

18. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

I gotta agree on this one, because that face isn't the face of mercy.

19. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

You think LoL is a balanced game?

[​IMG]

20. Celestus

This right here... This....

MADE

MY

DAY!