Favorite Faction Champ Synergy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malosi, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Malosi

Malosi The King of Potatoes

Having been away for a while (almost 2 full years.) I'm feeling very rusty. One of the things that I have always enjoyed about Pox is the different champ synergies that players use to gain ground / control fonts.

Currently what are some of your favorite Champ Synergies for each faction? What should I be looking out for when observing games or playing myself?

Note, that for me personally while I do enjoy winning, I mostly enjoy the creativity and experience. So your favorite synergies need not be meta...rarely do I get that high in the ranks anyway.

Thanks for your time, and helping to scrape the rust off this old timer.

Cheers.

Kampel likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS: Windfury and Dwarven Sergeant

Malosi likes this.
  3. only

only Active Member

Aspect of Growth + Horn of Order + Salaman Hunter.

Malosi likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Attendent Squire + Charger Knight

Augur + Salaman Trapper + Poisonous Fumes

ST Angel (Crystallize) + Gale Force

Overcharged Golem + Cyclonic Fesh + Thunderhead Totem/Lightning Storm

5. only

only Active Member

too bad most of those lightning combos consist of already rock solid runes on their own and combining them together leads "too much of synergy syndrome"...

6. only

only Active Member

I'm not sure about BS combos, but him licking his own balls doesn't sound realistic. that would be weird. why would he do that eitherway? are you sure? please confirm.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Oh dear, so many to choose from...........oh well, here are some of my favorites currently.

Broken Bones + Cloak of Skulls. - MEATALANCHE! BB has Split, and Cloak gives Bone Fracture, so every time he's attacked, you get 2 champs. Ends up being extremely efficient with Boost/Banner around.

Mastodon + Flag of Unification. - What's better than an 81 HP 5 DEF Mastodon for 33 nora? An 81 HP 5 DEF Mastodon for 33 nora that gives everyone within 5 spaces Evasive 3 and Iron Will. The speed boost is also nice for keeping him in range.

Salaman Hunter + Darkmarsh Helm. - Goin' pure damage here, with Hunter: Faction and Assassinate. The Sally has built-in stealth every turn, so Helm is a natural fit for surprise bursts of damage.

Nightwatch + Bane Blast. - Nightwatch has both Knockout and Stun, meaning you can Knockout then Bane Blast for 24 + attack damage, then follow up with a Stun to keep the target locked for next turn.

Dwarven Catapult + Dwarven King. - An oldie but a goodie, here you simply use Catapult to extend DK's already mammoth threat range. Then just throw your other champs right in beside him for an instant powerturn!

Tortun Battle Mystic + Puppet Master (recently buffed). - Hmm? Your opponents champs have 1 spell presence? Oh my, that's very inconvenient for them.........what's that you say? Your champs all have +4 spell presence? My my, how delightful!

Salaman Daredevil + Shock Toad. - Toad has Electric Eater, so you can use Skewer on him for a quick heal. If you hit any opponents, Paralytic Strike will make for a sad day and several dead units.

Ghost Stalker + Nora Seep. - Soul Collection serves to pretty much negate the drawbacks of Nora Seep. Send him into fonts and watch the nora roll in! Better yet, contest the opposing fonts, grab globes, and remain eternally stealthed.

Shadowshank + Phoenix Anklet. - A nifty little trick that can nab you 2 kills with the proper set-up. Equip the Anklet before Shank goes in, hit something, and Anklet will save your Shank. Drop an Elsari Bazzar for easy AP and grab another kill!

Kanen Lasher + Cyclops Eye Belt + Poisonous Fumes. - Here, you equip Lasher with the Belt after you cast Fumes. Dragging Attack will pull them closer (through the Fumes) while Belt will knock them away (again, through the Fumes). If you position your Lasher properly, you can constantly push/pull your opponent through the Fumes for massive damage.

Elsari Magelord + Utterdark Soulrender. - Short and sweet here, all you do is use the Doom ability on your Soulrender and keep Magelord within 6 spaces. When the Render dies, you get nora from Soulsift + double the nora from his globe.

Bloodfiend + Forbidden Fruit + Skeezick Machinist (optional). - Bloodfiend is only 50 nora and can generate 11 AP in a single turn. Just equip him with Fruit and activate Blood Fueled. Now you can easily kill any champion within 8 spaces! Exert 3 makes this possible, as both abilities have very short CDs and the Bloodfiend itself is expendable. Machinist lets you Craft the Fruit back off CD so you can use the combo right away if you have a second Bloodfiend out.

Dwarven Windfury + Open the Earth. - Two very underrated runes combine to make a very formidable combo. Cast Open the Earth behind the opponent's champs and use Sweep on Windfury to knock them across the lava. Open the Earth will do 8 spot damage, Sweep itself does 8, and each tick of lava will do 4, equaling about 24 damage (28 if they remain on the lava for the end of your turn).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  8. Malosi

Malosi The King of Potatoes

Thanks all, especially you JazzMan.

Anyone else have some favorites?

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Death Lily is unequippable.

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Basilisk Templar is one my favourite champions. I used to play him with Magic Immunity and Crushing Charge. I knew the standard was Punishing Aura and I knew it was good but I just loved CC. Eventually I yielded and started using the standard upgrades. Until recently that is.

The addition of Imbue Stun on Yeti Shaman made me try a ST/SL split. And I ended up using Wish, which gave me the ability to have all the upgrades on a unit. So here's where I get to the point:

By picking Punishing Aura and Crushing Charge on BT I can have some extra movement early, and I can use Wish when I see a magic damager. This has come as a surprise to me, but by doing this, Magic Immunity stays on the Templar despite my opponent using Fading Recollection on him. At first I thought this was a pretty insignificant thing in the grander scheme, but in the last 2 days I've encountered this scenario 2-3 times and it has played a big role in my victories.

Sorry for ranting, but I couldn't help myself because I just love technical stuff like that on my favourite units. ^^

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Noted, changed Lily to Kanen Lasher.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

My personal favorite KF synergy right now is Colossal Boa and Vashal Ranger. I upgrade Colossal Boa with Cleave and then give the Colossal Boa Assault through the help of Vashal Ranger's Train: Assault. With those two abilities, whenever a champion disengages, Colossal Boa attacks all adjacent enemies. You can then save Vashal Ranger's wolf friend for a well timed Consume for the Colossal Boa. It can be a little difficult to make the most of Assault and Cleave on the Colossal Boa but with a Woodland Jester, mobility becomes much better.

13. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Insubstantiate (from Utterdark Spectre) with Haunting Spirit

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Elven Shade/Horn of K'thir.

15. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Forbidden Fruit and Moga Trailblazer

Augur next to a Unit with Choking Stench such as Toxic Anuran or Bogwood Mireoak

And Hypnofrog/Mindwarp Frog + Poison Dart

16. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

I am killing it with a KF/IS Build.