Fill the Spell Please Fix it

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

That looks cool, but I feel like I'm missing something.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Shows the domain and hidden on the champ.

Looks good Sok now I need to figure out all the terrain interacting Champs in st

Every time I look at a champ expecting it to be like I remember I notice something that has changed

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think most of your memories are probably from pre-DOG, so that's absolutely going to be the case since Gedden basically redid every champ to some extent.

Braxzee likes this.
  4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

woohooo ferrens are going to love it. They like to hide cos they are so little

5. calisk

Nah I played for awhile after that path to DELIM was about to be released and was the last set I inputted any opinions on

Though the fs/st monk thing was something I suggested when we were talking possible split themes.

I think you had been putting some loose early designs through when my wife was pregnant and I started a new job

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov so you want me to believe that fixing this spell was a priority, then?
    Hahahahahahahah, hilarious.
    Very coherent.

7. calisk

I do't believe soko ever said this was a priority, just something he could do. most likely it didn't take much time since he had macadamize to base the code off of

from my understand the priority has been nothing but he new client and ps4 version, apparently to the exlcusion of patches and expansions

8. Pedeguerra

Sigh. You are trying to jump into the wagon while it is already moving.
    In other words, me and Soko had an argument a couple of months (while you werent around) ago in which he explained to me why buffing spells like Blizzard Cloak wasnt a priority, etc, etc, etc, and that he wouldnt buff it because he had other things more important he wanted to touch first.
    At the end of the day, from what I've heard he will buff Blizzard Cloak, I just find it amusing how he turned me down and all and yet this old, very bad and situational spell got a whole new redesign.

9. calisk

what was the buff you wanted for blizzard cloak? I suspect it's that you want it to be hidden because soko mentioned something like that before but I'll let you tell me

anyway it seems playable atm, actually seems pretty good unless i'm missing something, it's worse then it used to be but it was 2x auto include before...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. Pedeguerra

Well, none of us know for sure because Sok only said he's buffing it. I asked for it to get the hidden clause back.
    "Seems playable atm" seems kind of a stretch coming from a guy who's been around for what, 1 week after coming back from a 1 or more year hiatus, dont you think?
    From what I observed, played with, current BC is crap.

11. calisk

well it blocks 3 attacks, assuming it's a 1vs 1 or 2 vs 1 scenario, it would work pretty well, given the hp of our units it might even survive a round in a 3 vs 1.

With it not being hidden it does only soak up the weakest hits but that's only relevant if they have a lot of options to hit that unit with, in which case you don't use it and you fall back.

they could always answer it with their own spell or dispel but those were options that could of been used against the old version, of course most likely after they wasted a single attack but I won't try to deny it's worse then before, just that I don't see any reason this spell couldn't make an impact on a game at it's nora cost, but it is purely speculation I suppose and you could be right, maybe sok put the game back into cone style of play and nobody uses basic attacks anymore and the spell is useless I can't really gauge the meta atm since I can't get the game to run at anything more then 4 frames a minute.

I will say this though, even though i think it's playable I personally would not likely use it where as if it was hidden I might. defensive effects rely on your opponent not having an answer, and if they do have that answer you waste all your nora using it and likely lose a champ at the same time. thus it's not reliable and why I rarely include them in my deck, things like mirror shield fit in the same boat. if it was hidden you will likely at least catch that first hit before they dispel it making it more effective, but then I still would likely not use it, I prefer things like the new version of fill where you get your effect immediately with no interaction from the opponent.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016