Firemaw

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by vipoid, Jul 8, 2014.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Could be something here;

http://poxbase.com/deck/cwIcw s6Gs3Ks1Ds3wez

Blood exchange a low hp unit with Firemaw and Avneging Flame + Hellfire Fire Firemaw to kill it and pacify the nearest enemy champion. Collect any nora globes and tack traitorous helm on the best candidate (closest to Firemaws relic).

http://poxbase.com/deck/ca4cwIcw c7Ds6Gs3Ks6qs1Ds7ds3wr27ez (just me theorycrafting) http://poxbase.com/deck/c23ca4cuWc8acwIc6 cj1cw c5-ch2c5uc3Mc9Fc7Ds6Gs3Ks6qs1Ds7ds3wr27ez

Rapid assault Gahlroonling and antagonize best candidate (closest to Firemaw relic or unit with Traitorous helm). Also Flamecrusher won't receive damage due to combat awareness so you could stage a pretty nasty front.

Personally I've been enjoying puppet master combos (check out albino katipo with puppet master), anyway Puppet Master and Deep Leviathan to increase charges for a quick cataclysm.

Brand/Temple of brutality to get the gears rollin, also Deep Elf Manslayer benefits the best from these two; coupled with UD faction bonus and rage potions all your units will be something to reckon with. (Would have to test if Masochsim + Brutality on Manslayer will proc after cataclysm or firemaw's death, could get its dmg 20+)...well that was fun

question about brand/temple of brutality, does rapid attack get any dmg increase from this?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Temple of Brutality is banned in ranked, sadly.

Firemaw has Immunity: Fire, so you may have to rely on something else to proc its death. You could split with FW? That way you have access to Mason's Spire and some alt damage to kill Firemaw, even some global with Unholy Tomb and the like.

3. aseryen

idk how I completely over looked immunity: fire XD I was on a role I guess.

I still believe blood exchange would be best with Firemaw. You could play a bit aggressively with another unit, get it low and blood exchange. Deathcaster, Tortun Bokor, Risen Grenadier and Firemaw would be a pretty good deck.

4. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

I had a similar deck idea in splits.

First one was Reanimating them - it procced the death nova lava but not the global fire damage (sucked)
    Second was grimlics mirror spamming firemaws, however, the eggs don't have immunity fire so it wrecked that idea too!

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Why not put Lava Born on him? Preferably on an upgrade path. Tunnel Lava is stupid on a flyer anyway. He already has terrain advantage.

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I like the Lava Born suggestion. Personally I run him in my Lava BG because Lava Storm is a really valuable ability that has limited appearances (it's not too bad but still somewhat limited). Really Firemaw's biggest weakness to me is the 0 DEF. I will point out that with full Fire Amp (not horribly difficult to pull off) his on death hits everything on the board for 15 damage and heals all of your champs (in a fire bg) for 7. Not a terrible downside to the opponent having expending resources aggroing a big flyer.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@badgerale This thread needs a look-see.

8. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

So I've been running Firemaw in my lava BG lately. He's actually really awesome with massochism. Here is how you play him.

Anticipating your opponents powerturn you must have 119 nora in the bank to deploy firemaw and cast massochism or have him already deployed. He only has 50 HP so you may not want to send all of your guys in cause they still may get enough damage to pick them off. Make sure he is a good distance behind your dudes so the relic is safe. This should protect your units and give a global 10 fire damage. Massochism lasts 3 turns so if they don't kill him off send all your units into their mob for a final maddenning echo that protects all of your units from getting damage and that will kill him off. Then you can finish the highly damaged units off with your full AP units.

I do agree that he should lose tunnel lava though. It's not that great with him. I would much rather have him with lava fall 2 that would be so bad ass.

If you guys and gals haven't tried a lava BG you should. It's really strong.

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

What does your lava BG look like?

10. Yourmom

http://www.poxbase.com/deck/CjBCqwC6-c8acwIC6MC32C99C3Ms3isys5ls7FS2Hs8fs7ds86sDr3qrAe24e2g

Magma bunnies are awesome. You can do some really cool early game things with them like replicate and go for 2 fonts. Also casting exile on one of the splits so you can get loyalty on some of your other champs. This helps compete with all of the surge and boost abilities going around. Also you can still use replicate on an exiled bunny. Massochism is just a bad ass spell. It doesn't have to be reserved for Firemaw you can also stick it on one of the split bunnies. The weakness is obvious and that's frost BG's. Also Firelight gem on a nefari fireslinger can kill off a champ, especially if you just purefired the poor soul.

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I used to see firemaw sitting at the shrine being the bearer of machonisim.

12. aseryen

http://poxbase.com/deck/C3Ncozca4CwIcw+CiiCobC2iC7Dcg7s10s58s5qs4Ds1ZSOs5Ls6fR2kr2uEz thoughts?

I REALLY need Tundra Whisper for this bg to really do well, Immortality on nora beast would just be insane.

Chronomancer then Tundra Whisper and then, Norabeast;Next turn, Grant Three Wishes on Nora Beast, use Blood for nora/Power Store, then Retribution Nora beast. for 10 nora you just dealt 32 dmg long distance. Immortality allows for rinse repeat.

Firemaw works too. Place Jangar Architect next to your shrine, use Firemaw as frontline, Retribution Firemaw (I believe if it has immortality it wont turn into a relic, pox logic, havent tested this) after just relocate relic and wait for your enemy to advance or retreat, Use architect to make some barricades as well so your enemy is less likely to advance.

13. Yourmom

sacrifice abilities such as retribution/sacrifice/etc... doesn't trigger on death effects.

Leadrz likes this.
  14. Leadrz

And thats why they removed bloodless guys!

>.<
    Okay okay i'll leave now.

15. aseryen

ok noted, still leaves Nora Beast able to deal 32 dmg at only 10 nora minus the cost of deployment. Specifically in this deck that is significant damage.

edit: thought nora beast was 1x1, played a game and realized you cant take form of it since its 2x2

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  16. Yourmom

is there a spell that grants immortality?

17. Leadrz

*Tundra whisper whisper into your ear "no baby but i do. Just you, me the warm of ud, forever"*

Yourmom likes this.
  18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Leadrz said it more poetically. The ability "Three wishes" on the Tundra Whisper champ gives the upgraded abilities of the Tundra Whisper to another champ. Immortality is one of the possible upgrades.

19. Yourmom

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I was confused. I thought it just maximized your upgrades. I guess that's why I saw three wishes give magic attack and multi attack to champs. That's really cool. Now i'm thinking of the possibilities. (this is more of a split faction post but here it goes) I wonder if you put immortality on dragon maw and kill him off with massochism if you could just redeploy him next turn and then with chronomancer you reduce cool down on massochism.

20. aseryen

Would masochism fall under this?

From what Leadrz mentioned about the removal of bloodless I would think anything with 'once this unit is destroyed...etc' would not have that ability proc if sacrificed through a spell/ability. Death Nova and Fiery Death dont work with sac or ret if Im understanding correctly because of their suffix. However the source of damage would not be from masochism so it is not technically a sac type spell.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014