Flying Cars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've always been super fascinated by this topic. I wonder if they can ever make flying easy enough (guided by computers) that it can be commercial.

super71 likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The jeffersons?

I remember Elon Musk said not too long ago that he isn't a fan. Safety etc

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

is it a flying car or a light helicopter that can fold in on itself and drive on a road.

that is my opinion.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yeah i mean it'd just about have to be computerized/automated controls, otherwise drunk drivers would suddenly get a lot more threatening

i dunno. i feel like i'd rather see fewer cars and better mass-transit systems (mostly i'd like to see the US's train systems given a good boost)

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I don't really see the U.S approving flying cars any time soon. I mean, with how paranoid they are about regular aircraft safety, I hardly think they'd be willing to give every average joe blo a machine that could potentially repeat 9/11.

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

There isn't really a reason for cars to fly. It's more practical and efficient to have cars stay on the ground, and have a separate vehicle for flying.

I'm more interested in self-driving cars.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

come on guys its not a flying car, its a light helicopter that can turn into a small road safe motorvehicle.

its not a car that can fly, it is a hellicopter you can drive.

repeat 9/11, hahahahaha wow. with that?

Qucas and Ohmin like this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It would be pretty simple to just load up the thing with explosives and auto-pilot it into a building, especially since we're talking about computers doing the flying here.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

FAA already cleared Drones so...