For Markoth: Regarding Constructs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Grand General Mosh, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Why don't you run RR? Is it just because he's too expensive? He IS equippable, and when I went against one they dropped a tacical manual on him and it was quite difficult to deal with, lol.

2. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I prefer to run Stone Colossus, for 20 less nora you have almost the same tanking capabilities of RR. Crushing Blow does an amazing job at tanking

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Don't underestimate RR.... he is a tempo hit but you definitely get quality out of him. I actually like him a bit more than colosus at tanking but both are quality units.

4. Zythraak

I might have to get an RR and see which I like better. RR has stunning, which is super strong against other decks that rely on a few powerful champions. Also, stunned units can't nokhando. :D

5. Zythraak

Thanks guys for all the help! Here is my construct deck so far...

http://gyazo.com/45ca448071e7c61554b05f57f2aaea52

I'll very likely be taking spare parts out, and sligth tweaks here and there, but i've seen great success with it so far! Love RR with a tactical manual. Easy 25 damage pummel, and stunning has helped me out a ton. :)

Slight edit, replaced 1 hoplite with another GRE! Finally found a second one.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

This is pretty much what I've come up with for a Rock Defiance/Construct split.

Dragon Engine: Boostable,Manicable, Spare Parts candidate for punish/sonic roar
    Dwarven Catapult: Boostable, Manicable, there to get units in range
    **Dwarven Engineer: Enabler
    **Dwarven Handler: Enabler
    **Dwarven Tinkerer: Enabler
    Earthshaker: Boostable, spare parts candidate for res: phys/ slam
    Grintmaw Rockslinger: Rock Defiant, spare parts candidate for blood frenzy
    Grintmaw Shaman: Rock Defiant, healer, dampen is my personal favorite abilty
    Grintmaw Singer: Rock Defiant, I prefer farshot but motivate is good too
    Silverclan Hoplite: Boostable, Manicable, Spare parts candidate (enduring aura with rock defiance is just...)
    Silverclan Protector: Boostable, Manicable, Spare parts candidate for either first upgrade choice/protective
    **Silverclan Tinkerer: Enabler
    Turret Team: Boostable, Manicable, Spare parts candidate for hurl boulder
    Whitestone Gargoyle: Boostable, Manicable, spare parts candidate for Sonic roar/preparation

**Choose 3/4 enablers

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  7. Zythraak

That looks pretty cool @aseryen! I plan to make a rock defiance bg eventually, but I like to keep my decks pure, so I'll have constructs and rock defiance separate. :)

8. aseryen

Just curious but would this work? http://www.poxbase.com/deck/Ctgc2jC3UC8Y

Earthmover creates chasm and moves away; 'Construct unit' moves close to the chasm; cast bestow on clockwork swarm; cliff dive clockwork swarm; 'Construct' gains rend/split from bestow.

9. Zythraak

I reckon it would, swarm too if you picked that.

10. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Why isn't anyone running Stone Dragon? Res 3 Physical and Magic and build em tough makes him insanely tanky if they lack decent alt damage, relatively cheap to boot.

11. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

What if you removed boost and got a different synergy mechanic that was a bit more tinker based? Like more complex machines and engineers? IF every dwarf/construct hybrid was a tinkerer and lets say they had ways to improve constructs with out relying on boost ( more then they have now) you might get more out of them. Boost is a huge liability for development, its just too powerful.

12. aseryen

Sustain Silverclan Construction; Target friendly construct is under construction and gains immobile, its max range is set to its minimum range, until this ability is used again. When this unit would gain Build em Tough it gains all ranks of Tough. When this unit gains Rev em up it also gains impatient for 4 turns. When this unit would gain superior tinkering it gains Forge hammer permanently. This effect does not stack.

A unit would only gain impatient having Sustain Silverclan Construction recast upon it if it had rev em up cast on it, in which case I believe most players would choose to Sustain another construct. Set the cd to 2/3 so there is at least a turn in between constructs gaining full ranks of tough. could possibly add a conditional statement that if sustain silverclan construction where recast before current unit has forge hammer it stays immobile till end of your opponents next turn.

13. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I dunno, I'd prefer the engineers and tinkerers stay as boosters. Too many abilities and they'd start to feel messy, in my opinion.

14. Zythraak

I would love to see more synergy and more unique things with the tinkerers and constructs, but it would have to be pretty damn good to replace boost. Without boost a lot of our units are kinda sub-par, imo.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Tinkerer was unique, they failbalanced it.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

From the other thread

I've played it a bit.

Breakdown:

Things above the curve:

GRE - mostly a vuln pricing issue, and he's got two available vulns.Glider - on maps where reckless flight is kind to you, this champ is woefully undercostedStone Dragon - resist upgrades are not cost scaled properly, and this leaves this champ at about a 4 nora undercost.GSF - Undercosted but you cannot really increase the cost, I'd decrease the effectiveness by removing GRE and replacing it with an Animated Armor

Things beind the curve (mostly due to poor revamp decision):

Basic attack removed from turret team, team not working as a small champ. - no, the fix is not to make it big.Removing the recharge mechanic from Tinkerer - Homogenizing the two was a very bad move. Step 1: Choose Crab or Pile, Step2: Add to deck
    Removing Improve Speed from LoadyDwarven Handler, he just came out kinda dumb. You can't use him as your booster, those boost upgrades are almost always overwritten, he's never really going to attack, so forge hammer is wasted, Regal Presence doesn't even fit - at all, and its not a good enough ability to include him in dorf decks. So basically you have a pre-equiped RC unit, yay. I'd remove that boost line of upgrades and add different stuff like: Drive, Designate Scapegoat, Command: Charge, Train: Strike.
    Cavalier: can we please keep the panzy names in KF? I don't want to pay 80 for that. Trim some stuff off. Great job putting signature ability on upgrade. That's really annoying to me.

Things that are STILL broken, smh:

Complex Machine - it doesnt herp werk.Dwarf Driven - it doesnt derp werk. I highly recommend that a clause also be added that allows removal of lumbering within 3 spaces of a Tinkerer class.
    Boost: boost area of effect change over

Some good revamp decisions:

Crushing Blow on Colossus - strux are a build up BG, certain situations like SL 2 font you can get mashed in p quick before you can even get under way.WEG - That's a very good example of a versatile champion. You can build that thing 6 different ways and they're all good.

Constructs play very slow and are stepping all over each other with their fatness although you do have good small champ options, so fatness can be avoided but its restrictive depending on how you want to build your deck.. The main issue is they are really lacking in ranged basic attacks. You can get around this with farshot relic (kinda) but it'd be nice to get some sort of Max range 5 champion up in there, turret team should be it.

Mostly what plagues constructs, both over the top and negative, are improper costing and broken abilities.

17. sassquatch

For constructs: (I copied this over from the other thread)

1) Dwarven mortar crew should lose lumbering, declare hunted, and unequipable.

2) Dwarven catapult and Siege engine should regain race dwarf. I don't know why they lost it but since they don't have construct immunities they should get it back to synergize with dwarven handler.

3) Obviously fix complex machines, and dwarf driven. (although id just assume see dwarf driven gotten rid of and lethargic added instead).

4) Id prefer to see a change to reckless flight and gain control. Get rid of gain control and change reckless flight to something more like this:

Reckless Flight: This unit has flying. Every other turn this unit gains wandering unless it is grounded. This effect cannot be cleansed.

This change would consolidate 3 abilities (namely for the ironfist glider) into 1 ability while keeping the flavor of the unit intact.
    5) Silverclan protector should have channel damage replaced with barrage 1 so it has a cheaper option that isn't a sandbag ability that wont be used and charge us the same difference in nora just to use it.

6) Silverclan cavalier: move acid bomb 3 to base, remove corrosive grenade from the game. put complex machines in upgrade chain B. add class tinkerer. change range to 1-3 and increase damage to 10.

I may think of more stuff latter but these are the ones that are bugging me right now.

18. sassquatch

I like the idea of the handler as is but it needs to be cleaned up. Boost 3 needs to be added and forge hammer needs to be replaced with drive. Lastly I would replace build em tough upgrade with train death nova. This would at least pay homage to his original design on release with it broken enhance ability.
    I do like regal presence though. RR and turret are dwarves; catapult and siege engine used to be and should be again. Throw a sharpshooter in for detection and you don't have a bad lineup to benefit from RP.