Frost Amp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaScholar, Sep 29, 2015.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Nerf it.

Hardly needs explaining but I'll do it anyway.
    This new Star Catalog 16 Bane Shift has got to be addressed. On spot aura + acolyte is OP and don't lie and say it isn't. When Ice Shard and the rest of someone's bg consists of nothing but other frost damaging champs with aura 3 damage shield 3 and NKD for 69 nora, with all the dumb ST pals who have aura too, + catalyst.... You can seriously outplay and outsmart your opponent but still lose because why? *snap* homeboy was running frost amp.
    And what's worse is the endless crap that comes with this already OP Bane Shift. I'm talkin majestic, blessed + purified combos, overpowered AoE spells that are extra rage-worthy with all the amp crap out, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy heals access - which STILL hasn't been addressed yet as far as the low cooldown on healing abilities in general is concerned. Crowd Control for this theme is also annoying as hell. If it aint freeze or crystalize, it's nova and aura to get a fast-food vibe kill, or spot-cleanse counterplay vs other CC, double tap for almost 20 damage cuz ice shard and whateverthe**** so LOL GG imsurewelldodisanothertime.
    And who the Firk decided it was cool to buff ST's font zones? I'd rather they kept their 1 ap then to make every contest turn into a suicide.

For the TL;DR-ers, let's recap
    - Ice Shard spot Amp that outdoes every other kind of amp, and outdamages & counters all attempts at shutting it down; This includes high defense, damage control CC such as dread, hex, awestruck (ironically) etc.
    - Blessed, Purified, Backlash, Aura 3 (+amp), Damage Shield 3, Acolyte, and Catalyst. Welcome to poxnora. Chances are you wanted to play a game. Well be prepared to face an entire bg comprised of these abilites, often all on the same champ, and then all of that champs clingy friends from high school who were in the same club and got all the same ass abilities as well.
    - Don't have the right abilities to fit in with the Kool Kids Klub of ST? No problem! Drop a blessing of some sort, or equip a Firking BOOK of a random ass number, and congratulations, you can now beat Stone Cold Steve Austin in a wrestling match. Fun.
    - Did you go out into the world and get a boo-boo? No problem! We've got acolyte GLOBAL Firking healing up the ass. Oh, did you catch a cold? Got inhibited from your birth-right to global healing? No problem! Spot cleanse for EVERYONE that comes with a nora gen counter, french fries and a milkshake on the side :)
    - Want to win a game of poxnora? Ok! Just go out there, put a champ in as many fonts as you can, and when the opponent comes to contest, their AP will magically go away because welcome to poxnora. They'll be stuck there for a turn, which is just what you need to abuse your frost amped aura, acolyte healing, cleanse every turn, anti-melee majestic, nora-gen countering backlash units. That's right! Plural! UNITSSSSSSSS. They ALL have this crap, and most of them are BORN into this world with these abilities. Sometimes you just have to find the right combo to combo their already birth-right combo of abilities to make an even BETTER combo so that your opponent who has approx 25% of such capabilities of combos can have a decent chance at dying an anti-climactic dissatisfying death in the cold hard corner of a font with no AP and a fraction of the OP meta capabilities that you can do with your THEME'd ass frost amp champs vs someone's best attempt at a meta build.

Now, before you all ask me... "But TeaScholar... What do you suggest we DO about this?"
    You KNOW what must be done!
    Nerf it!
    Nerf it to the stone ages!!!!
    Immediately!
    "But Serkan... What do you replace it all with--"
    I DON'T CARE!!
    GO!
    NERF IT!
    I'm not the ST expert but OP is OP and something must be done.
    Out of respect, I'd ask the ST players to decide their fate, and their style of death-penalty.
    If they prefer the guillotine, that's fine. A little old school, but it's fine.
    If they want the lethal injection, that's cool too.
    But things gotta get nerfed. I can't have a lick of fun on this game when half of my matches are vs the same old, tired ass, jakei extinguishers and his band of crackheads.
    ST players would know how to nerf themselves correctly so that they don't go completely in the shoebox, because I know how that is. Just do SOMETHING about it.

Too bad ppl didn't have the same curteousy for FW, just flat out nerfing some things without even asking how we felt about it. (the people responsible for this know who-&-what I'm talking about)

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

When the tl;dr is longer than the actual post.

But yeah, I agree.

TheBulwark, Anima26 and TeaScholar like this.
  3. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Glad someone else is saying it. Yeah star catalog is silly because frost has so many already efficient units. Fire is different because you have to go out of your way to include nonmeta units to fit the theme. Add that to the fact that a healing item is going to be inherently stronger on a defensively based unit and then it becomes clear that star catalog is the clearly superior rune to tinder despite being an exact mirror.

As far as famp goes in general I don't really haave an opinion either way since I haven't played against it in a crazy long time.

TeaScholar likes this.
  4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Tea I hope you recorded the game so we can see the problem, well it would have been better way to rant rather than put it in a tread
    sorry man had to say it
    PS I miss your vids

Flyingfinn likes this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Pattn199 likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

more likely that the bg you're using is just weak in comparison to frost. Frost seems fine compared to other decently strong bgs. Howling wind is poorly designed but I'd rather keep it as is than have it become the next foulest mushroom. The foulest mushroom change was pretty terrible, idk what people really expect though, the council only seems to help a limited amount and often times just zealot and the devs don't understand pvp.(often times members on the council don't understand many issues they are advising the devs on as well) Most of the devs working on pvp could barely make it out of rare league imo, this wouldn't be an issue except that they often times listen to the wrong people on many changes being made and make changes on many things without really understanding the impact of the change or how to properly change the rune for the better.

The foulest mushroom went from giving vulnerable poison aoe 6 to only giving it to the closest enemy unit within that aoe, gained no new ability or function, and stayed at the same nora cost. That is not how you balance a unit, lol. Usually nerfing the heck out of something, keeping it at the same nora cost, and giving it nothing in return is not going to lead to a good result and they take this approach to balancing often.

To fix the foulest mushroom all they needed to do was reduce the amount it increased poison damage within the aoe 6 which is the same thing that needs to be done with howling wind.(maybe increasing the damage dealt by poison by 20% or increasing it by a flat amount) It might need a slight buff in another area though to make up for the lost damage output somewhat depending on how they would chose to change it. That is how you fix the foulest mushroom and howling wind.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I agree.
    I think frost amp and magic amp are too strong.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

play them and see how strong they really are.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't think they're too strong at all.

Like wut.

Y'all were complaining that the revamp killed all the themes, and now you're complaining that themes are "too strong".

#justpoxthings

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Frost amp has been bonkers since forever. Its just hella underplayed. I picked it up last expac and it was pretty disgusting. High stats, insane dmg, medium cost runes.

Also ST spell and relicset

TeaScholar, Netherzen and Anima26 like this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think buffs/nerfs should be implemented based on grudges, unlucky draws and poor skill.
    That should solve a lot of issues this game has.
    Also, @mw24 , I think I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one: this council implemented by Gedden was one of the most stupid things that happened to Pox. I know it has changed, and now it doesn't have as much power as it had before, but I'm 100% sure people there are still consulted and listened too - problem is, most of them have no idea wtf they are talking about.
    To TeaScholar: the Steve Austin Stone Cold reference was awesome.

super71 likes this.
  13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I could defend the Council here, as I do have good arguments regarding exactly the very few solid comments Tea made... But I don't recall the last time logic convinced anyone here. Sok might be bothered to come here, but seeing the same people repeating the same lies is really tiresome.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Tarathil likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf do you know about st?!? facepalm* frost is fine dude, except for howling wind granting aoe 4 instant death if you manage to save up enough nora and extend the game long enough. Even howling wind isn't that much of an issue though currently.

15. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

im enjoying the ST font contestation suicide statement... so true...this is an incredible defense..
    im really sick of the whole font bonus deal anyway...its not even a stragety that a player creates,, its just there...making more problems then there worth... and why? cuz its just cute to add Bane Shift to the game?
    just remove the whole dam lot!!
    lets keep it simple when possible,, BG building and strategic gameplay is what should win games...everything else is kiddie BS..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    voodoov likes this.
  16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sok said he wanted to push less powerful faction bonuses in exchange of powerful font bonunses, which would mean it would be harder to contest an enemy font, and powerful to contest a middle font.

I like it. It's not a passive boring thing. You can design your BG to take advantage of it on specific situations.

super71 likes this.
  17. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Nobody is safe from the Texas Rattlesnake. GIMME A HELL YEAH!!

[​IMG]

TeaScholar likes this.
  18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

But ST has both a strong font bonus and strong faction bonus.

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Isn't it obvious it's a future plan and not a current feature?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why did he do that to a woman? Lol... wwe would probably be sued and possibly boycotted if they showed something like this today.