FS braimstorming thread.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GabrielQ, Aug 5, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

"FS used to be the Nora gen and Mobility faction. Not Speed that is KF's. But Mobility with Leap. Currently FS has dissipated to be a bit of a jack of all trades." - @Gedden words. I may improvised a part or two. But those were essentially his words. With @GabrielQ as the FS council member hopefully FS will shine again. At the very least GQ will make our Boghoppers fashionable.

2. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

I think the most important thing is that the FS playstyle is re-established. Mobility, control, surprise and tricks are what made FS what it is. It'd be nice to get some of that back. The reason I chose FS was for it's unpredictability.

Salaman and Jellebrium need purpose in my eyes. I think we're pretty balanced at the minute we just need more variety in the meta i think.

Sirius and Skullferno like this.
  3. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

The day I can successfully run Marsh Fables and SporePox will be the day I play rank competitively

attio26 likes this.
  4. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

It is purple. Not pink.

5. Skullferno

Inb4 Limited Edition Jellibrium MindBender that is all Pink is released......

6. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hi, Im playing sp/fs beasts for a while and have tryed out all non aquatic beasts and the cool news is that they all have their uses, my favourite is shock toad, but this is mainly due to his synergy with SP and not due to being overpowered.
    However Voodoo Shamfie has been a problem rune to me. Soul Siphon is a 25 nora ability and this combined with his huge body gives him an 83 nora pricetag, while it is basically a 58 nora champion until things start dieing. In all the games I played, I had him twice as my only turn 1 champion and both those games I lost, because he just didnt have the fighting power to defend a font. I believe the first game was at the UD map where he faced deep elf manslayer at the bot-font. I had no nora to help him if I also wanted to get my fonts at the topside, so I either had to run or die with him.

Other times when I deployed him later in the game, he has been awesome, quickly ramping up to skyhigh damage and the max 100 HP.

His weak early game eventually made me decide to drop him and now I use 1 fly catcher and 1 boghopper huntmaster as detection units.

My suggestion is to lower the starting max HP from Voodoo shamfie from 60 to 50 hitpoints or his damage from 12 to 10-11 and give him a slight cost decrease that would go along with these stat changes.. This way he becomes less of a huge ball of nora early game, while still having similar power mid/late game.

edit: Oh and doombringer is also overcosted. While this has mostly to do with the doomability being expensive, I would also like to note that his 2nd upgrade path is completely useless for splits. I dont run water or poison, however I choose to pay 4 nora for poison eater.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

^exellent, this is the kind of things I want to read.

Shell Dorado likes this.
  8. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Adding to Voodoo Shamfie discussion

He is a mediocre, but not too bad 1st turn drop. On the maps when there is more than road and the battle is often split, Voodoo Shamfie takes one font and I usually try to launch some champ exchanges for the other font to let him grow a bit. I'm against his nora cost decrease. Soul Siphon is a subtle ability, unusual for FS and as unusual it shouldn't be slapped on too efficient champions.

I played Voodoo Shamfie in the FS/FW split, where he outshined Boneshredder, but splits shouldn't be discussed here to large extent.

I played Voodoo Shamfie in pure mirefolk BG, tagged as a "mid-tank/water-provider". He can be easily reinforced there, by mirefolk resurgence/revival, even Bubble of Prot. to survive till the ranged support comes.

I played Voodoo Shamfie in a semi-beast deck, focused on aquatic with mirefolks as support/ranged options. With trail: water he's not a bad 1st drop, when followed by piranhid/Razorfin Slider or very nora for stat-efficient Marsh Raptor.

* has unique ability in a faction full of cheap deadly beasts below 60 nora
    * has detection(as the only mirefolk), detection on 2v2 units covers also few squares more
    * is a mirefolk(the only mirefolk with detection) and beast - these are fantastic racials.
    * he provides the water for them
    * is the best friend of Darkmarsh Witch(those two together are my favourite duo, both grow, Darkmarsh Witch can occasionally heal him or slap him a potion turning him in a torpedo)

He's already performing a lot. Reducing his stats will be out of flavour(it's hard to imagine this 2v2 pack of muscles with low stats) and push him in a bad route:

* much more exploitable in death benefit splits(now it's 80+ nora investment that goes back after few turns, sounds good to me)
    * when I put mirefolks I look at him and compare him to The Thing or Collossal Overlord in terms of nora price, with lowered nora price I will look at him and compare him to Caecelia and Circadian Templar

If his price tag becomes lower, he will be a tad too efficient. People still tend to misjudge him due to his pre-revamp bland design. Now he's a very elegant champ with interesting ability, nice pack of useful abilites and racials, that competes for beasts/mirefolks/death benefit battlegroup and let's put it straight, mirefolks as a theme has LOTS of champs to choose from, the same with beasts.

CONCLUSION: He's perfect as he is.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

That it's not true, I am specifically encouraging people to think and write about wider synergies.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Can we get Moog's price down? Like 8-12 nora. I love him, and he is efficient. But thats 2 Bogs worth of Nora.

As for Voodoo Shamfie. I love him but I would prefer if he had Trail Water back on base. Like he was originally released. He was - and to an extent still is - my favorite rune to slap Aquatic Talisman on.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  11. Alkioneus

I wrote a hell a lot about wider synergies of Shamfie. In FS/FW Death Benefit I found him as good carrier of Cloak of Skulls as the Boneshredder. He's already grows really fast, though he's clunky with 2v2 1 range. I do not really care about maxing him out, he usually takes some hits in a heat of a combat, while delivering a punch. I feel he's bound to be 80+. He has a great versatility - I stated above. Pushing for nora decrease won't end up in lowering stats, it could harm his versatility.

Soul Siphon is not an FS trademark. And if we are to pay for deploying less than 80 nora champ with Soul Siphon/Detection/Water-provider, it would be open some Whine Symphony. Besides, there is no champ with Soul Siphon for less than 80 nora, with the old good Soulbleeder and his upgraded cousin Soulthirster for 80 nora. And while looking at other Soulsiphoners we have:

Soulbleeder - Soul Siphon halted by Impatient
    Soulthirster - 8base damage without situational Gluttony - UD use only basically
    Imp Vixen - Soul Siphon reinforced by Leech Vitality balanced by horrible stats
    Soul Collection - meh
    Aspect of Chaos - a totally different kind of champ

Voodoo Shamfie is the only champ in the lineup, with fine 12att,2def,60hp stats with Soul Siphon that is not countered in abilities/stats(like the other champs). Let's not mess up with him, I have a bad feeling we may regret it.

12. Alkioneus

DOUBLE POST, but the other thing

As far as brainstorming goes:
    Snaptooth Chilan
    Let's replace redundant murkwater frenzy from his upgrades(already has one) with soultap. Dusk Shaman has soultap. It would create another split synergy with FW for splitting Snaps with Utterdark Spectre. I wrote bout it somewhere, but I am transferring all concepts to this thread.

Snaptooth Helm
    CURRENT: When this champion would take Physical damage, that damage is reduced by 4.
    It's a boring lackluster equip, but theoretically fits in the theme. Anyone thinks, that something could be done about it?

13. Skullferno

How about we increase Moog's price to 100 base. He is literary the best tank in FS. Why he is an auto include in every meta bg. I run him and gekaal in about anything I make FF FS wise.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Moogs' price is 108, he is already above 100. You can't increase it too 100. ;) Gekaal is under-priced. One with Nora is. o_O sometimes.

15. Skullferno

108? Wtf upgrades are you running Raid. My Moog is at 96

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Elemental Fortitude and Bind. He is my anti trick/ranged. He is crazy good at that cost. I just hesitate to deploy him because of his cost. There are better champs for sustain. and Magical Resist 3 is nice. But Elemental Fortitude covers a wider variety. Disease/Poison/Psychic and Gives him Fearless, and Ironwill. So. No Frighten, Charm, Possession, Distracted. Disease and Poison are common DoT and the resist mitigates the DoT.

17. Skullferno

The 96/97 nora Moog is what I see every game. I have yet to see someone run Ele Fort and Bind on it. Majority rules, sorry not trying to be a diick about it.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

lol, Upgrade paths mean nothing on how you upgrade it for the majority. It is how it fists your play style. The 108 one fits my style. Serves me well. No worries mate you weren't being a diick.

19. Skullferno

Well the problem is you ask for Moog to be 8-12 nora cheaper. This would make the majority of play styles have an 86 nora Moog. That would cause a huge upset in the community

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I realized my absurdity after your post earlier.