FS non-champion auto includes?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by ManlyPaws, Jul 11, 2016.

1. ManlyPaws

ManlyPaws The King of Potatoes

I'm trying to find some info on which relics, spells and equipment runes should be used in all or most FS BGs. Anyone able to help?

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i think fs has a lot of room for preferences, but i simply adore poison trap.

3. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

It depends what theme you run, everything ends up being situational.

In a deck where u just include like the best champs, here's my personal opinion:

Spells:

- Backfire/Backfire Boon
    - Pygmy Hippo Stampede
    - Erode
    - Bubble of protection
    - Murkwater Weakness
    - Drown, if you run any water gen/tidal wave.

Equips:

- Emergency kit if you run no detection.
    - Twisted emerald (one of the best FS equips, but still far from auto-include imo)

Relics:

Aside from WB and poison trap all others have to do with theme/playstyle.
    Good options are:
    - Sacred temple
    - Font of restoration
    - Tortun land cannon
    - Mystic Whirlpool

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

split with trolls I really like Goading Mask.

Soulsphere can be interesting as well with Trolls. If you're running Snaptooth Crawmangler and Marsh Troll FF or split with IS there are a good amount of resilient units, as well as mason's spire and mason. It's almost easier to suggest a rune and then ask what some interactions people could think of.

Most of what I used with FS when I played Tortuns was heavily influenced by ponderous and their high nora. But land cannon and Font of Restoration were definitely picks of mine.

I used Blood of the Swamp, more so because I like the rune art even though I'd be using it poorly, most of the time I'd still include it cause when it works it works.

Pulsing Globule is also fun to toss onto units and for that you should include it because of the game within the game.

5. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

As Keku said, non-champ runes are used to complement your bg design, so it will heavily depend on that.

As for general meta spells/relics/equips, my bgs tend to always have at least one copy the following:

Backfire
    Bubble of Protection
    Marsh Song
    Murkwater Weakness
    Pygmy Hippo
    Reverberating Blast
    Font of Restoration
    Banner

This set should allow you to deal with most things

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

How runes complement a bg is up for interpretation. I can understand how Pygmy Hippo complements a bg, to be honest that rune could be considered a staple for any bg since very little would make sense replacing it once put in. As with banners, that is why they have their own thread about how much auto-include they are. However a rune like Bubble of Protection in a bg that does not need a buffer is less auto than in something that benefits more from buffers.

You can essentially define spells as runes that complement your units. That is why I suggested naming off runes that one is interested in, there are only 56 spells so it's less random than asking what people think.
    How you play and how I play are different and reading a list of arbitrary runes, but auto-include for oneself, without any context of what is being complimented, is no different than randomly selecting an expansion reading the runes released and thinking of how it interacts with the rest of the game. One would be better off reading the rune checklist.

If you are to tier what you consider auto include then I think an arbitrary list would make more sense to read. All of what I've seen yes I agree can be auto-include.

10 of 56 spells have already been suggested, now lets just say that this is Tier 1

1) Backfire
    2)Backfire Boon
    3)Blood of the Swamp
    4) Bubble of Protection
    5)Erode
    6) Drown
    7) Marsh Song
    8) Murkwater Weakness
    9) Pygmy Hippo Stampede
    10) Reverberating Blast

if Tier 1 is auto include and tier 2 has double the amount of less-auto included runes tier 3 wouldn't exist for another expansion or two if it was double of what tier 2 is, which would only make sense as the tiers go on. So giving a little context for what your auto include runes are for makes more sense than a list.

I will add that Forced Evolution was a favorite of mine. Although it got replaced for preferred utility units with heals.
    Nora Seep was auto-include for some time, but I wouldn't steer anyone towards that rune unless they knew the composition of the bg I was using.

Let me note as well, that defining spells as what complements your units rather than what your bg is focused around is limiting how you build a deck. Cooldowns are inherent within the game, while I do not recall if FS has any runes that manipulate CDs it is something to build around. A battlegroup that manipulates CDs would have more use for spells than one which couldn't make use of the spam.Battlegroups designed to interact with more runes that you've exhausted would require CD manipulation which would then make those runes auto-include.

TL;DR: Reasons for playing and Theme is more important than a loose interpretation of what auto-include is. Also speak in tiers/spectrums not arbitrary lists without context for those suggesting runes.

7. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I know nothing about spells, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Equips.
    Twisted Emerald is awesome and pretty auto
    Emergency Kit is great for detect
    Horn of order remains uber for unexpected AP generation

Relics
    Banner is always auto
    Sacred temple can be supper useful for impenetrable
    Font of restoration makes people cry

That's my top 6

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Surprised nobody has mentioned noraweave or whatsitsname. Cast it, start a battle, win nora-wise ... if your enemy relies on basic attacks anyway.