FW Happiness

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Nite2kill, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Blah, blah, blah....................We lost everything Disease and Fear Immunity and Cool down, lost poison resistance 3 patches ago. Did we get something to off set the damage inflicted by the other factions i.e. Orb of protection, RD or such? Nope we have a longer cool down on the champs - Yeah that's wonderful

So why Play FF FW? There is none. FW has become a support faction - it runs better in a split where as the other factions can stand alone as well as be viable in the split

Yea skelly is playable but its a one trick pony - every one knows what is going to happen and are prepared for it

2. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

feel free to leave and never come back

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

FW got an almost-universal -4 nora. That's a great trade. This was an enormous buff patch in the eyes of many players, including FW die-hards. Could you elaborate on why you think it was bad?

super71 likes this.
  4. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I am a FW die hard only faction I have played since 02/07 nothing else, no splits

What is the distinction that is FW?

What is the Faction Bonus? Is every faction losing their bonus?

At one time there was a fight to get Executioner back to 64 nora now his base is 73
    Hex cool down raised now can be used once every 5th turn on E. Soldier
    Disease builds doing more damage to themselves than to the opponents.

Where did this come from? I express my opinion and I get this?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

After the last patch,every single FW theme became viable or buffed.
    Zombies are still great,they just need disease immunity,which sok said will be soon.
    Skeletons are still decent.
    Witches got a little better and i think they are in a good spot right now.
    Spirits still dont have a cohesive theme but they are alright.
    Liches stormed out of the shoebox and into the playing field.
    Worms are fun to play again.
    Even vampyres got buffs.
    Cheap meat is good again.
    You claim to know and love FW but you are blind to all the changes.

We got -4 nora on nearly everything which helped alot of champions.

With everything being cheaper,we have shorter cool downs.

If you cant see it,maybe take a better look or play a more direct and straight forward faction like IS.

60 percent cooldown bonus.
    Same as it was for years,boon was a sandbag and on obstruction to FW,this patch proved this true.

Certain runes got nerfed,as is always the case,but the amount of buffs and reworks outnumbers the few nerfs we had.

Disease battlegroups were never a thing,they were just a crazy fun bg,like acid amp.The zombies which have alot of disease will get a immunity soon.

6. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

So u think -4 nora is a buff?

This champion has Immunity: Disease(3 nora) and Fearless(2 nora). When this champion recovers a nora globe, you gain an additional 20% nora(2 nora at least I believe).

Loss of a at least 7 nora ability for getting a -4 nora? It is unfair.

This change alos made race:undead nothing special.like:

removing Arctic from all ST champions and reducing their cost by 2,

removing Dragonflight from all skywings and reducing their cost by 8,

removing Murkwater Frenzy from all snapteeth and reducing their cost by 5,

removing Creep and Crawl from all Arthropod and reducing their cost by 4.

It is a disaster to zombie theme and made Disease Breath even worse(same cost as other similar aoes but can't damage relics and now u can easily damage ur own champions).

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fw was buffed, unless you main spirits there isn't much to complain about in this patch for fw players.

8. ghklf

I think all he asked was a DISCOUNTED ability package that fits race:undead like other races or factions have and I totally agree with that.

9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Yes i do.I made a large thread about it.Here is a link:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/boon-of-the-undead.18270/

All of the abilities were situational and you had to pay for boon on every champion.
    If i am getting little or nothing out of those abilities then they are not worth much to me.
    This is explained in great detail in my thread,as well as several past threads on boon.
    The fact that you oppose this just makes me think you dont understand the costing/pay off well enough and you are looking at it too crudely and direct.

Why do we need a same racial on every undead champion?Besides,every theme/race within fw got buffed,even liches are viable right now.

Artic is there because of ice/snow terrain which is very common in ST.

Dragonflight is a racial ability which is the base of the dragon bg,it offers a incentive to play dragons as a bg,you cant compare boon to this.

Same as dragonflight,this is like comparing zombie apocalypse or elsari coven to boon.

Another racial ability which offers a specfic race a theme.Something boon doesnt do at all in any way.

I agree zombies need disease immunity but sok said it will happen soon.

Every single faction has to avoid hitting their champions with poison cone/fire bomb/acid bomb,i dont really see why this is a problem,you just need to get used to positioning better.

10. ghklf

I have read this and begin to agree some of ur points, but I don't like to isolate the FW faction bonus while making changes(or removing) BoU.

The way they implemented this change was brainless, it is obs that zombies will suffer from this change and a number of spells and abilities will too.

They should make it smoothly, and now they have to urgently fix the issues they brought and I am pretty true bugs and costs will arise.

This half-way patch brings chaos more than buff.

True, then every single similar aoe should be able to damage relics, why disease breath and poison cone can't? If they can't and we have to position the same as other factions, why can't these two aoes have their cost decreased or become more powerful?

Before, I don't mind that disease breath could not damage relics, because FW champions had BoU and we could easily avoid the damage from disease aoe.

You get the worse ability with the same cost, fair enough?

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yup, it was a buff. Boon is -- was -- a high-density sandbag. It had a lot of discounted crap, but that's still crap. Globe returns were minuscule in the most optimistic of circumstances. Others and I have run numbers in the past to demonstrate this. Immunity Disease covers only a tiny portion of defense, often in mirror matches; mainly, that clause protected a few particuarl units from internal problems; those units often got Immunity or Eater as a cheaper alternative. Fearless isn't worth the two nora it costs. Many FW units may have had a bundled set of abilities, but when they yield no real benefit from those abilities, the cost is pure sand.

mw24, Anima26 and Sirius like this.
  12. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'm kind of indifferent about it in all honesty. Boon was a double edged sword, it was a nice cheap little package but it was also situational. On one hand i am seeing all these cheaper champs but on the other i miss the advantages that boon brought.

I do sorely miss the disease immunity when playing zombies and i think in time people will start to miss Fearless too.

Dat 83 nora Dead Fairy tho'!

13. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Look, I'm glad ya'll are happy with this but...

Afflicted corpse is now 46 nora (was 44)
    Shadowshank literally hasn't changed in cost at all (still overcosted at 76)
    E soldier not only got the brunt of the hex nerf- his cost hasn't changed at all (still 66)
    Ravenwraith- same cost as before
    Lich King has the least amount of abilities on a single champ I've ever seen on this game. Two upgrade paths, and basic attack: magic. His most optimal build is at 97 but that's not as bad as the previously mentioned offenses.

Aside from these things, I understand you guys are happy.

Nite2kill, mw24 and potatonuts like this.
  14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Uhh now i have no reason to run draco-lich because ill just end up kiling myself with disease breath
    same for desecration because you end up hurting yourself no matter how you try cause aoe is too big
    Festering only affects opponents was timely it would be horrible if it affects our own champs

15. potatonuts

The disease damage issue is something i have made Sok extremely well aware of. Unless Sok actually likes my constant pestering i can guarantee that won't be a problem for long.

Though like Tea has pointed out some of the maths seems to be off in some areas, i see quite a few champions whose costs have only lowered by one or two.

Coragh for example went from 91 to 89, rather than 87.

Boneshredder lost Boon and Chasm Walker but only went from 76-70, unless i'm mistaken that's 3 nora on literally nothing.

Archmage went from 78 to 77, only a 1 nora reduction.

It goes on and on like that. I'm not sure if that was intended but if so I don't like it, I'd rather be paying 4 nora for something than 2 for nothing.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  16. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

tbh, my main issue is afflicted corpse constantly getting worse and worse. Afflicted corpse is my best friend on this game at this point. He's been getting no justice. As soon as he hits 50+ cost, I'm boycotting pox. He's almost there, on a steady path towards it

17. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Sokolov explicitly stated that a lot of the more expensive units were getting Boon for free, so they might not be getting a cost reduction with this change.

18. potatonuts

It seems more widespread than that. I hope there is a logical explanation for it but in certain cases like that of Shadowshank (which at 76 nora certainly isn't an expensive champ) it seems a bit fishy.

19. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

There was some weird lack of cost changes in other units. Like Tide Master and Boghopper Paladin did not have their prices adjusted for Water Front until I pointed them out to @Sokolov. Also I just noticed that the Firk Behemoth did not get his cost reduced for the recosting of Soultap Feedback.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

All Ethereal units remained the same, as did Crystal Howler.