FW/SL Debuff BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by IMAGIRL, Jan 5, 2016.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Frightened, -3 dmg
    Sandblasted -3dmg
    Dread -2 dmg
    Dread Field -5 dmg

Other assorted debuffs, + access to defile.

Could this work?

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Dreadstacking has been a thing in the past, deffo worth trying out

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Not just Dread, but all sources of damage deduction. I think it'd go well with SL's bonus, and innate defensive champs with FW access to DMZ, and Defile. At the very least it's worth a try. Mind making a bg for it. I'm going to bed. I'll make my own bg tomorrow, and we can compare ideas?

4. narvoxx

Sure, I don't have most of the cards to playtest something like that though

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ok so, I got a bit busy today. I'll try cobble one together when I get back to the computer.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Splitting with SL is nice because it gives you access to Anti-Magic Field, which solves one of Dread's inherent problems: vulnerability to AOE damage. Also take a look at Draksar Marauder, who can eventually get Dread if he attacks enough. Lastly, I believe Judgement will still deal damage per stack of Dread, so it might be worth including Torien for some easy one-rounding.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

See, that's what I was thinking too.

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Nice idea, maybe Dreads BG need to be in split to be really effective, will try to make one BG when my médical exams are done.

9. narvoxx

Alright so this is like the first iteration thinking:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CkJcu=CdVckvCgLChGcxtci_cu_cgBc39s6ws4isYsUS2Fs72s4fs5pr2AR2Ir8eqe3x

Some thoughts:
    I like the anti magic field idea, but it kinda screws over our sandstorms. I'd try Cancel Magic instead and see how that plays and how badly AOE is 'needed' by the opponent to stand a chance, swap for anti magic field if needed.
    Lots of high cost champs, could be problematic
    Champ selection is a bit random, many champs 1x for trial run testing
    Manticore should be crazy good, heal champ, finds our sandstorms, and sandstorms himself
    I like doctor here because of his heal + his ability to give marauder charges, might not be worth the cost though.
    Added certain runes to really benefit from being in the fight long once the dread stack is up (most would be tryouts ofc): Kanen whirlwind (fury, also has fear for - attack), serpentor scale armor to give things zeal (maybe not enough melee champs though? don't think it works on marauders), nora gems become hard to deal with
    Vampirism lets your guys heal but not your enemies (cause they don't have damage! this might be amazing),
    Mangleshell I'd pick tariff over frightful blows (also like his 3 DEF and interaction with channeled violence, toll taker was considered until I found vampirism),
    Soulreave because it's an FW deck (I know it ****s with vampirism but that shouldn't matter in the cases that you want to cast soulreave most of the time)
    Reanimate to save our key champs, not sure if it works with unspeakable but could be nice.

Would like to jam a purge in there but would need to play it before I'd know what to replace

So I think I got some good ideas here but really needs testing, and since I don't have the angels nor blinking creepers I can't really try for it.

10. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

throw in a broken bone for easy death charge and general brokenness maybe

11. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!