FW Witch BG Advice

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BroWatchThis, Jul 3, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

*CHANGES TO BG:
    Took out witches hourglass, took out death harvester, took out one whisperghast.
    Added two experimental warspirits (these guys are awesome and current build is only 78 nora) and also added one more scouring gem.

2. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I played this battlegroup for the first time today using two Fleshweavers in place of the Whisperghasts. Very nice build! I wasn't crazy about the Fleshweavers, so I'll remove them. I do have a Warspirit, so I'll add one of those and I'll try a Frostvein for the other spot. I decided to keep the Hourglass as I really like it. Elder Bloodbinder is one of my favorite FW runes and she is now a witch. However, I'm not too crazy about her in this build at this time. Maybe she would be good in a hybrid Vampirism/Pain curse build, if there are enough witches with Life Siphon or Lifedrinker. I really haven't checked yet.

With that said, it brings up a question about Greater Vampirism. It says "All Vampiric healing is doubled." Then we have "Lifedrinker", which Vampiric heals 1/2 of the destroyed champion's max HP. Does this mean it would heal 100% of the destroyed champion's max HP with Greater Vampirism in play? With her range at 5-6 she could sit back and finish off a lot of junk and keep healed, unless she gets one-shot.

3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Ironically, Whisperghast has Vampiric Healing abilities. I only found two witches with Vampiric Healing, that would be Elder Bloodbinder and Mysian Lamia.

4. BroWatchThis

That's the problem with Rip Witch sometimes: she can easily get one shotted. I'm glad you like the basic build! Witches hourglass is pretty cool, I just ended up not using it as much as I thought. Early game it would be perfect to throw down right away. I may end up putting it back, but for now I like having that extra Scouring Gem in there.

5. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

heres my latest... gdfgdf.JPG

6. BroWatchThis

I like it! I would honestly add another Rip Witch in there... her awesomeness cannot be overstated.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I've been playing witches lately and the most effective thing i've done is just grabbed every unit that can summon a zombie or skelly put it in a bg and run it.

8. BroWatchThis

Free meat seems to be king in this new Era of Pox. Not sure what you would need to take out to do that, but it may disrupt the pain curse theme.

If you try it, let me know what you have in your bg.

9. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

Played against this deck in a random practice game. It seemed pretty cool - and maybe decks like it were played at some point in time, but was new and different to me - so props to BroWatchThis for something other than Summon/Zombie spam :)

10. BroWatchThis

Thank you kind sir! :)