Game of Thrones, Season 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Winterfell

sail or sailed

Mereen

[​IMG] [​IMG]( not quarth)

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dikmunch, it's voice to text, it's not perfect and I was definitely not going to edit it on my Firking phone. Mkay?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The side shot when tyrion pledges looked so awkward

so looked so much bigger

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Rite, she used to wear stuff that shows middrift, but now she's all spanx and girdles so we can't do that.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Huh, I took it more as him being a sadistic *******, reveling in the idea that she'll never be able to get over her experiences of him raping her, that it'll always been in her mind/heart and the pain will be remembered in her body. Not a "you're just like me" speech and certainly not a "you're a momma" speech.

But who knows.

On a related note, I like to think that Arya learned how to bake from Hot Pie. Granted, she obviously "improvised" on the ingredients.

I'm curious if killing Walder Frey was on the way to see Jon and Sansa ("A Girl's Name is Arya Stark, and She is going home"), or if she's planning to clear out her entire list before going to see her family. My guess is the former but it could be more interesting if it's the latter.

Geressen likes this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

After having seen the scene where she unmasks herself I wondered if it was her from the beginning or did that serving girl also get killed to donate her face. I guess she could have brought it all that way and magically it could have not rotted away. I know how she likes to do recon. It was nice seeing her come full circle to the assassin she's wanted to be since meeting the one dood so long ago.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it was her from the beginning.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

btw saddest things of the game of thrones tv-series:

No great northern conspiracy
    No Qartheen dress style
    No Dorne conspiracy

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Oh wow, holy crap, watched the episode last night and it was freaking glorious. Best one yet, in my opinion. I did not see Cersei pullling that off, at all. Well played indeed.
    Thoughts (this will include criticism concerning some aspects of the book/show adaptation):

1) Yeah, if you read the book it was pretty obvious that R + L = J, there are hints all around. Still, pretty darn nice to have confirmation on it and yes, Jon Snow will be the best Targaryen ever (since he was raised by Ned Stark and all). Which brings to my next poing:
    2) I'm not, at all, liking the way the actress is playing Daenerys, and where the caracther is going. Might be that she is too small, might be that she doesnt appeal to me that much visually. But holy crap, I would not paint that chick as the mother of dragons and the baddest woman around, at all. Also, I think they did a poor job at showing how the character grew throughout the years (just look at Cersei, for example). Danny was a child (15, 16 I think, maybe younger) when Visarys sold her to Drogo, and she went through a lot of crap to get to where she is. I'd expect this "Queen of Dragons" kind of vibe coming from her: a fierce ruler with a kind heart, the biggest threat around with the ability to bring people together. However, the kind of vibe I'm having from her is of a spoiled brat with 3 big toys to play with. Take that away from her, and she is nothing (aside from the fact that she is impervious to fire, big deal eheh);
    3) Speaking of caractors I'm not enjoying, what a joke has Tyrion become. The "imp", one of the greatest minds around, a guy who murdered his father and has a price in his head in all of Westeros, is emotional because he was appointed to a job he already had previously? Give me a break. Where is the drunk Tyrion who sleeps with hores and whatnot? All they do is show him having a glass of wine now and then. HOWEVER, I do get it that he went through major changes in his life as well and he might have decided to be a new person from now on, but that should have been more explored instead of us just assuming that;
    4) Ok, as you guys put it already, they really need to adjust the passing of time in the series. I mean, yeah, we all understand that Varys went to Dorne and then back, but come on. There is a sea between them, and the journey isnt really the safest one. Which brings me to Arya, how the heck did she just appear in Riverrun? I mean, it was as glorious to me as Cersei killing the high sparrow, but it really isnt a safe journey for a girl to go alone (as badass as she is). Also, where is Aryas wolf? Which brings me to my next point:
    5) I'm 100% positive that killing the wolfs was due to the series. There is no way in heck a guy can convince me that the giant dire wolves were all meant to DIE. There is no way, man. I think only Ghost and Aryas are alive correct? Shame.
    Also, WHY THE HECK THERE IS NO MENTION OF THE RED COMET ANYMORE? In the books, it was pretty obvious that the red comet was a big firking deal, it allows things to stay more "magic", sort of say? It should either have crossed the land by now or landed somewhere, why is there no mention? Boo.
    6) Griffon house simply not existing is a big plot hole and I doubt they can include it in the last 2 series.

All in all, great show - if I had not read the book, I'd think it's the best one ever. But they did a terrible job with the adaptation, no doubt. Hole thing is being hurried, it seems.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Comets come and comets go, they are seen as omens and then events happen they were said to foretold.

however comets and other celestial objects do not actually affect our lives directly.

several characters commented about what they think the comet meant, and then the comet flew back into space.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  11. Pedeguerra

If that's the case I'm disappointed, I know you've also read the books and there is no denying the comet meant something and was supposed to be doing things as well. For example, it increased the magic on those people in Qarth, it helped the dragons hatch and it probably had something to do with the red witches as well.
    I'm not buying that the thing simply flew back to space and thats it.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you asume the comet brought the magic back however the magic came back before the comet came, the direwolf south of the wall, the white walkers awakening, the dragons hatching, all happened before the comet, and the dragons themselves increase magic potential.

the comet is an omen of several things for several people. meaning exists where people believe it exists people gave it meaning, it was a trick, a shadow on the wall.

13. Pedeguerra

Ok, if you say so I'll let it rest.
    But Im still hoping it will appear somewhere, and if it doesnt I will be disappointed.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You may be able to find the answers you seek here?
    [​IMG]

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Arya greendream-warging into Nymeria gone from braavos arc :(

also Arya beating the waif while blind in training by half warging into a cat and using it to see for her. :(

let us be honest, Arya = OP

16. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

I need to stop reading this thread because I can't handle trivial ass complaints like wolves dying.

17. Pedeguerra

GTFO, then.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what about the trivial ass complaints about comets.

19. Pedeguerra

Its funny you mention my "trivial ass complaint about comet" and yet refuse to stop posting on the forums, even though most of the things you say are perceived as irrelevant and trolish by the whole community. Talk about the irony.
    Also, if you think the comets and the dire wolves are trivial you either: didnt read the books; read the books but feels like watching the series is better.
    Either way, I should look at your opinions as they are: irrelevant.
    Thanks one more in the ignore list.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Yes! Now you get it!

Indeed I am a comet

or maybe you didn't get it. thought about that? they are not trivial, they just do not matter.

childish, churlish, craven.