Game of Thrones, Season 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I dunno, I was too busy checking out this guy:

[​IMG]

super71 and Geressen like this.
  2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

There were some more hit-and-miss things this week, and it seemed to want to be much more down-tempo all around. But there were a few things I quite enjoyed. Mostly to do with A Girl's scenes, and A Mountain (that may or may not ride).

I wish they hadn't spent so much time with some things so they could have spent more time with others (I like Sam more than most, but I could have done with the entire sea voyage having been skipped for example). Meereen seems to have sucked the life out of it's resident actors for being so terribly paced/written.

On the plus side. Dorne was only mentioned rather than shown doing anything.

I'm also starting to get the feeling that Three Eyed Crow is less keeping Bran from getting "stuck" in "visions" and more like: "well, we would have kept going but but we need to pace this stuff for the 'dramatic reveal' near the end of the season."

19madfox95 and Geressen like this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well in the books it's bran sitting around possibly eating Jojen paste so meh.

I didn't even notice it was Neil Patrick Harris playing young ned stark. I just saw a young ned stark. was it my brain seeing what it was told to see or not?

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I just hope they don't get overly repetitive with the "I want to see more" and "no, it's nap time" interactions, which has already gotten a little tiresome.

I think it's more a testament to casting, costume, and makeup (and any digital effects added in post). That scene had the "flashback/vision" tinge, but it didn't really explain itself or who the characters were supposed to be until well after the establishing shots, which is where you'd get those initial impressions and those would usually stay throughout regardless of informed knowledge.

Geressen likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

indeed he does, it is usefull that in the series he is not limited to Old god dial up vision. and I agree that they should either be somewhat more creative with the visions or keep them sparse.
    nobody who read the books or pays attention is going to be suprised by R+L=J though.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Time to watch the book of the stranger, I bet it is all about arms falling asleep.

I think maybe Jorah Mormont will take the role of Jon connington from the books.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Escape eh? You're plan is not bad, not bad. But get this, how about we just take over?"

Geressen likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Shame it didn't work out so well for Stannis.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

stannis was the closest thing to a good guy until the witch lady turned him evil/crazy.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think the youtube captions for a Japanese comercial can best explain game of thrones

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I heard theories about hodor meaning Hold the door, but man ...

he held the door...

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That "translation" hurts my brain. It'd be much more amusing if my ears weren't telling me one thing and my eyes another. I probably should have muted it.

Honestly? My take was very different. Stannis was always like that, just with varying degrees of desperation in his quest for a crown. Besides, the story and our knowledge of Stannis STARTS with the Red Woman already being his most trusted adviser, and even in the books we only get second-hand stories of life before being named Azor the High or whatever that guy's name was (too lazy to look it up right now), and most of those still paint him as a very severe man.

As whats-his-face said: "There are few things more terrifying than a truly Just man."

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Geressen likes this.
  14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Guess" the character.

"We can totally sway these people who had their father killed by my immediate kin!"
    ------------------------
    "Well, at least it wasn't Li'l T reminding me this week... but it'd be nice to go an episode without someone bringing it up."
    ------------------------
    "Hey, at least we're more justified than the Quarians. Probably."
    ------------------------
    "Hey, you guys in the boats! I'm trying to make this here Iron Islands plot relevant to the overall story! Come back here so I can kill you!"
    ------------------------
    "We will HOLD THE LINE!" (Bonus points for each character correctly named.)
    ------------------------
    "This play sucks."

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but they didn't hold the line,

they HOLD THE DOOR!
    HOLDDEDOOR!
    HOLDEDOOR!
    HODOOOOR!
    HODOR!

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

GoT is still awesome.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Sure, everything kinda got blurry on the previous season, but this one is turning out pretty nicely.
    I read the whole GoT books like 5, 6 years ago, and I cant remember it correctly, but oh boy. Did those little elflings really create the first white walker? Was it a relevant human? Cause Im starting to think yes.
    Why Sansa didnt use Littlefingers army then kicked his butt back to the Vale? Dammit.
    Also, Bran is such a little Bane Shift, but it will sure be nice to see him controlling the dragons and burning all the zombies to the ground (personal theory).

Edit: last, but not least. Did Hodor have the gift of foresight as a kid, or was Bran actually able to alter the past when on avatar mode? Food for thought.
    Either way, I felt bad for Hodor. Poor guy.

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I was just making another Mass Effect reference.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Holy Firk Hodor

You Firking magnificent motherFirker

[​IMG]

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Bran didn't alter the past... he'd already done it. Time Paradox! [insert spooky tune here]

In the words of that guy that does the CinemaSins youtube channel: "Bran is a **** to Hodors."

20. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Wow they managed to ruin the Kingsmoot and Euron. Well done.