Game of Thrones, Season 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Wherein an actress, playing an actress being targeted by another actress played by an actress, tells another actress, playing a different type of actress pretending not to be an actual actress, that she's got potential to be an actress, if the actress playing an actress that is pretending not to be an actress decides to become an actress playing an actress that isn't pretending to not be an actress alongside other actresses playing actresses possibly including an actress playing an actress being targeted by the actress played by another actress."

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    darklord48 and Geressen like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

at the square there are at least 25 rows each 4 man deep. I counted.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't think that's how the wall works. Also remember that at the very least Wights have already been able to get through the Wall (albeit brought through by Night's Watch). While the Walkers don't function with the same rules as Wights, it's reasonable to think that whatever enchantment is on the Wall would have been "breached" by having something so thoroughly "marked" by a Walker as a Wight pass through already... so either the Wall doesn't care, or, more likely, there's some force tethering the Walkers to the North, forcing them to spread death/cold in order to increase their range.

Plus, if nothing else, there's still a massive wall of ice manned by people that have been told what is effective in killing Walkers (albeit very few people). You can't get an army over that easily, and the Walkers number even less than the Watch, so sneaking through to start making a fresh Army is very risky (though that might happen later, who knows), if it's even possible for them.

But this is just my take on things. You could be entirely correct.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@Ohmin is referring to the White Walkers, which are the ones that can only be killed by dragonglass or Valarian Steel based on what we've seen in the show. The generic undead can be killed by normal means, and they far outnumber the Watch and the Wildlings combined.

Ohmin likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they are the watch and the wildlings combines.

minus the living...

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm sad we probably will not see dolorous edd for a while...

"What is Edd may never die"

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Even with all of Crastor's "wives" he couldn't make male babies fast enough...

I'm sure there are several dozen White Walkers, to be sure, but there are still more Night's Watch... even now (though that can and probably will change rapidly at some point). Also, for what it matters, I was referring to all of the Night's Watch, which has more than just Castle Black as their strongholds. (Though I'm sure part of this is me going partially off the books, which actually gives their numbers [not the White Walkers' numbers], but may not be accurate for the show's purposes.)

Well, mostly. You still can't poison them, cause them to bleed out, stab their heart, or rely on merely dismembering them. They just won't shatter your sword/mace/whatever when you hit them with it.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Arya is pretty much screwed when it comes to fighting them. Assuming her plot ever manages to turn around and actually matter to the rest of the world (much as I tend to enjoy her plot and the character; it's more isolated than Danny's).

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sorry, I meant normal means for dealing with zombies. Crush/burn/remove the head and they're permanently dead.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah yeah wights and undead ice humans made by dryad tree-elves.

Cleganebowl? yes or no?

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think Cleganebowl confirmed.

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's funny. The first scene was so tonally different from how Game of Thrones has been presented before I had to double-check I was watching the right show.

Geressen and 19madfox95 like this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

rip stannis...

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

who?

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

In any event; this episode:

"Thanks for carrying those giant logs by yourself. Now, have you ever considered doing something 'useful'?"
    ---------
    "I'm a dumb-ass that has caused all of the problems here and nearly destroyed not only the city but the entire kingdom through my incompetence, please work with me."
    ---------
    "I liked your brother better."
    ---------
    "Hello bandits! Nice weather innit'? Would you lot be so kind as to not murder us all?"
    ---------
    "Ha! They fell into the water? They'll never survive that!"
    ---------
    "I'm here to do some stuff from the books that we skipped earlier, and also show people how to dig, apparently. Also, if this keeps up we might actually get to hear rumors about Stoneheart or something, wouldn't that be cool?"
    ---------
    "The key to success is communication, so I will NOT tell my brother what I'm doing. Yes... excellent plan."

Still no Dorne, hurray!

Geressen likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

those logs weren't giant, what kind of puny ass trees grow where you live?
    those were regular size tree trunks he was carrying, by himself.

17. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

90% of the north supports the family which betrayed their liege lord and is confirmed ruled by a murderous psycho WHO KILLED HIS OWN FATHER. The vale, which didn't fight in this war at all, is ready to die for Sansa.

Genious. Dumb and Dumber really understand how humans, feudalism and honor works.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I agree that that is exactly how it works though the way you wrote that implies sarcasm...

and to be fair they did get the support of several of minor houses, ( supplying between 62 and 170 men each) so that increases their army number by at least half.

of course not nearly enough but final force strenght is pending the extraction of the Blackfish's army from Riverun siege by Brienne of Tarth, who as seen in the promo for next week shall be there to negotiate the free passage of those forces in exchange for Riverun itself. The other lords of the riverlands are unlikely to contribute seeing as them uprising will keep them occupied where they are.

important to keep in mind is that one of the great houses supporting Bolton; the Traditional minded Umbers, may be double-betting, they did not bend the knee to Ramsay.

The Vale while controlled by Littlefinger and a weak wannabe jofrey Robyn may not be the most trustworthy but war is chaos and chaos is a ladder and robyn is of course related to Sansa.

A lot relies on how much Tully "Family, Duty, Honour" was instilled into Robyn and the blackfish ( who was... the black.... fish of the family)

Wild prediction: Robyn and the Vale joins the war for Family the blackfish gives himself up/dies and gives his troops for Duty. Sansa likes to bring up honour to the northern houses.

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so ive been watching a lot of recaps and reviews etc and everyone is speculating how Jon Snow will retake winterfell and how Jon Snow will be made king of the north yadda yadda. Hello you misogynist nerds, Sansa is by right the lord of winterfell and it was Sansa who recruited Jon to help HER retake winterfell. anyways. quit all your d1ck worshiping. a chick is in charge. and she has an even bigger chick backing her up.

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

except for Dorne which has terrible plot decay compared to the books and bear island women are not really put in charge of much ( misogynistic views etc) that is why the tyrell women are so manipulative the official leader of house Tyrell isn't Olenna the queen of thorns. it's Mace 'fat guy on a horse giving a not so rousing speech' Tyrell

Ignoring Sansa and Arya the next in line would be Bran and after him Rickon Stark. Jon being a bast ard and only a stark trough his mother and a secret Targaryen has no claim to it.

so while the people you speak of are wrong they are wrong for different reasons than knowing how to operate in the framework of a world where 90% of the land is misogynistic. Even Cersei only ruled by proxy through the authority of her sons.

In fact being forced to be 'a lady' and her displeasure at it is a major plot point in the books. and in the show she said in season 1 "I should wear the armour, and you the gown"

basically , deep down Cersei wanted to be Brienne of Tarth. notice what she says to Brienne in the following

"You are lord Selwyn Tarth's daughter, that makes you a lady, wether you want to be or not."

R+L=J

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016