Game of Thrones, Season 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't Jon be Dany's brother now? same father..

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

edit: I was wrong zetsu is right

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  3. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

Rhaegar was Dany's brother so she would be Jon's aunt.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

This is game of thrones. Being related doesn't matter.

Ohmin likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

hahah its funny seeing all the replies and refusing to read them, I havent seen the last show yet
    Darn it

Ohmin likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

House Mormont family trait

MEATMAN and Ohmin like this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Targaeryans(sp? too lazy to double check right now) are specifically known for their incest*. Before being married to Drogo, she'd assumed she'd be her brother's wife, the one that traded her and got a nice, warm crown in the early parts of the series.

*(it's implied the resultant genetics issue might account for the insanity of some members of that house, including the Mad King)

What I find more disturbing is... since when did Varys learn to teleport? This seems like it would have come in handy sooner for both him and his friend Tyrion.

Is "The Spider" actually a Warp Spider Exarch or something?

But seriously, the travel-time issue bothers me a lot, and it's been a problem throughout this season. It marred an otherwise excellent episode which had, for a bit, even Dorne being an entertaining place to see (albeit entirely because of the Queen of Thorns).

Kampel likes this.
  8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

This was the same problem i perceived with Warcraft(the movie), the passing of time was not very well accomplished, it should have passed at least a month for Varis to have made all the arrangements and all the Targaryen fleet with their dragon heads and stuff made. What i'm wondering is what happened with the 1000 ships from the Greyjoys, will there be a battle between the Krakens and the Dragons midsea?

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Varys, also Euron is having trouble finding trees to build ships.

Kampel likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I figured that she learned to take the faces when she was prepping the bodies. Now that she has left, she doesn't have access to the vast supply of faces, but can still kill someone and take his/her face.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

People have trouble understanding the passage of time, add travel scenes and they are boring, add text * X weeks later* and it looks silly.

I figure Arya stole some faces before she left the house of black and white.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Not at all. The issue is the inconsistent treatment of time. And the inconsistent treatment of travel time in particular.

Dany and her armada disagree.

Sure, but you can address it better via dialogue and other options, or at the very least better spacing of scenes.

It was clear that plenty of time had passed, for example, since Varys left Mereen for a number of reasons. Spacing of scenes is part of it, as is there being some stuff between then and his showing up in Dorne.

In skipping for the return... we get Tyrion discussing readying the fleet (something which was already underway while Varys was meeting with the remaining Tyrell. No mention of the new ships having arrived or anything to further indicate the passage of time or their successful journey, instead it's saved for suspense and "shock" factor but as a result it becomes jarring instead.

This in itself probably wouldn't have been an issue, except for the uneven treatment given to time and travel throughout the season at multiple points, which makes it even more difficult to keep a hold on who is doing what and when. Some of it wasn't so bad of course, but if you break down logical progression too much you end up with some issues.

Ultimately, it is a minor complaint really. While I was being "punny" with my praise of the episode, it was indeed very good.

Kampel likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

apparently Tommen did the great sept of baelor.
    [​IMG]

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Just binge watched it all. Awesome! Aria is a BAB. And finally the one guy got his due, eaten by his hounds. Cercie might be a badguy but I like her tenacity.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

who is Aria? who is Cercie?

Anyways I liked Arya and Cersei in the season finale.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I record the series and then watch them all back to back 10 straight, each season. So, just this season, but I've been avoiding this thread for the past 3 months to avoid spoilers.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Baskitkase likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Eh, the writing for the tv show is pretty lackluster sometimes.

Though arya is baller en jon snow is a cool guy I guess. White blonde chicks persona just makes no sense anymore

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dragon lady seemed to plump out this season but the body double is still season 1s size.
    Well she would have gotten pregnant before her and nopeen escaped, then traveled almost all the way to Winterfell then he went back home, then they sail to that one place I think Volantis, then they sailed to Maureen. That would likely have taken a minimum of a year but even this timeline as jacked up as it is I don't see it taking less time than it would for her to show. So, chronologically it makes no sense.

As far as the hounds I see that as Snows idea, since Snow was present when the threat to feed them was made and the info that they hadn't been fed in 7 days, and the fact that he's a sadistic basty who feeds people to dogs is common knowledge. And she had to ask where he was. I think the fact that she was present and didn't flinch or turn away shows you just how far she's come and how similar she now is to the previous lady of Winterfell and how she's ready for that task. She's shed the mantle of victim (when she sent away Brianne and rebuffed Snows promise of protection, effectively taking responsibility for her own future, and overlooked her issues with Lilfingy to win the battle) and is now ready to be the warrior woman that is required of boss Winterfell woman.

And to his final words to her I see that as him having no illusions as to his immediate circumstances and where one might plead for mercy or attempt to talk their way out, he makes one last attempt at securing the torture of another even after he's dead. It's even possible he had hoped she was pregnant but she'd surely never had told him and if she were I'm sure she's had dealt with it, since she was willing to die rather than return after losing the war means she was willing to kill her baby were she pregnant.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016