Goblins are amazingly FUN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goyo, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's like playing a random combo deck where every match it's a roulette of unexpected results.

I've stole Flying, Bombs, super buffs, and I can't wait to play ranked for more possibilities.

I've also stole Hero and killed 3 Goblins haha xD!

Just wanted to share my excitement toward a deck I've been lacking for a while.

JellyBerry, Tweek516, IMAGIRL and 9 others like this.
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I recently realized that Terraformer is like a Goblin's wet dream, I had 5 guys with Stone Bomb last night. Brainless was the funniest thing ive seen stolen.

Pattn199, JellyBerry, IMAGIRL and 2 others like this.
  3. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

I stole the Chuck abilty from cyclops artifact, that was so funny.

IMAGIRL, Qucas and Goyo like this.
  4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Great to hear that you are enjoying the Goblins. Their theme adds a lot of unpredictable diversity to the game. Some may not like the more random aspect they bring, but they keep things interesting.

Qucas likes this.
  5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I love the design but I do wish players had a little more control or ability to mitigate the RNG of it.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What were you thinking of?

The only things that kind of makes sense to me might be something along the lines of:

- The next time a Goblin uses Goblin Thievery, it will only steal passive abilities.

7. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

A source of Confuse in theme could help by cutting down on the number of possible stolen abilities. The usefulness would vary hugely between champs, but it would still be an interesting tool.

8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Maybe instead of random actually make it organised. For example using thievery gets 1st ability, second one gets 2nd ability, 3rd one gets 1st passive if abilities have run out etc. This means that you know exactly what you will steal, and also stops you from stealing iron will off a guy who has bastion of iron will, or icewalker instead of arctic.

9. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

That actually sounds like a huge sandbag, you'll have to play an entire game to steal something useful. (All unique or upgraded abilities are further right )

10. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Not always. Anyway, I never said that this exact thing should happen, or that it would make it better. Just an example to reduce randomness.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I dunno, I think the more you try to reduce the randomness the more you lose the point of goblins.

I mean, there is a point where more randomness would be too much, but I also think traditional Pox attitudes to randomness need a rethink in this case.

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Winning or losing a game on a coin flip is fun for neither the goblin player nor his opponent.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Meh, like a spell cannot win you a game.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

For the life of me, I can't get how rng like that is supposed to be fun

Although, the times you Firk someone over with some hilarious drop it's probably fire

IMAGIRL and JellyBerry like this.
  15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

it's too swingy. the ability failing would be bad enough, but to steal something negative and give it to all your units? that's just game-losingly bad. just kid of silly.

16. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think it balances it well, automatically getting a good ability every time would be too cost efficient. The player having to think about which champion to use it on and potentially waste a couple of uses among the many they likely have seems fine to me.

19madfox95 and Goyo like this.
  17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

the moment you get summon skeleton on 4 dudes each with enough ap to summon said skeleton

18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I stole Geogenesis from someone's Rockforger once. It kinda sucked though because he surrendered a few rounds later and I only got like 20 Rocklings. :(

On a similar note, what happens if Thievery steals Spirit Projection? Would it summon the Garu illusion, or the SotM illusion (for 2x2 Goblins)? Or would it summon actual Goblin Manifestations?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I get what your saying. RNG is one of the worst things in video games for me. Though I find it to be quite amusing to watch others either get wrecked, or pull of devastatingly comical combos. But playing it personally? No.

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I agree with the RNG hate among strategy games. Like the flip of a coin cards on MTG were the worst and they stoppped producing them.

But I believe the scenario is different here. It will do something different against any champion. It's not about the chance of getting good or bad abilities, like 50% good 50% bad. That would be terrible.

In fact as someone said, you can choose which rune to target, so you determine that porcentage. You calculate the positive and negative spectrums of posibilities, and you can even choose a target which doesn't have any real negative abilities.

So if you take the risk to target a Polluted Martyr for some awesome ability and you ended up gaining Short Lived, you can laught at that and play again. You are in control, you can predict the spectrums, you take the risk, you decide.