God Bless this Self Destructive and Selfish Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Jul 4, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

via poxbox
    "Vindrax and Kartch,
    So great new event (not announched again....... its like they do it on purpose) and you can win new LE editions of these cards.

But these are NEW cards with similar traits (Name & Rarity) of some very expensive and rare runes.

Naturally many people noticed that and thought it was a good way to trick poxbox for a very large amount of credits.

Since it is about NEW cards I am going to reverse all trades and take credits back where I can and kindly ask those who already took runes for the credits to trade the runes they took back in. In trade of their president versions of those runes."

Certain people have to ruin the trade stores for the others who play this game. This is why the game is dying, every time DOG is nice and gives away tradeable runes, you clowns abuse it and force the trade stores to raise their overhead or inflate their prices. You make things worse for all the rest of people in the remaining community for your own selfish desires. This is why this game is dying.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I do not view this as a scam towards pox box, they didn't take advantage of a glitch in his shop, they didn't scam him with anything, these were the values he had on the shop and they traded them in at the going price.

poxbox is a great store, but he makes profit off every single person that plays pox nora, ALL of them. I do not shed a tear when a few players do the reverse to the store once in awhile. all deconder needs to do is check what the tourney prizes are every friday and then fix his store accordingly, the tourneys are announced every friday and the prizes announced every friday.

btw he will still sell these president kartches and president vindraxes for 60 dollars each on his cash shop....

if he can't adapt that's his problem.

TheBulwark likes this.
  3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Damn, I missed it. :(

4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I find it quite funny how in previous tourneys — without LEs yet with still more than nice prizes — it was barely possible to make people q, and for this one everyone qs on cd, even after decondor woke up.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Considering that this happens every time you would really thing he would wise up and add caps to the number of runes that can be traded in in a day.
    LE=2
    LEG=4
    Exo=10
    Etc.
    Covers his ass because its highly doubtful that there are more than 2 going in on any given day and if there is a sudden influx of runes in the economy it lets him adjust accordingly. Only the first 1-2 people would be able to trade in.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't understand why he doesn't have a cap on the number of 1mil+ point runes you can turn in a day. I would have felt bad for him if he had not made like 30+mil off just me alone using his trader since last September. He is fine with charging high amounts in the cash shop for these runes(le sceian is still 62$...) but wants to manipulate the market to prevent himself from taking losses. I understand why but I don't really have too much sympathy because like I said I have literally lost like 90% of my runes before using his trader, so I think he will be alright.

He hasn't even adjusted the cost of le sceian and added it back to his trader, it is just removed. I still can't do anything with mine, lol...(but still in the cash shop for 62$...)

I think poxbox is a great service and has benefited most of us alot but at the same time at a very steep price and has made tons of profit from nearly all of us; especially off of players like me who make alot of bgs and utilize the trader frequently. I think he needs competition so that he does not run a monopoly and can't continue to charge whatever he wants. Also it would be nice if some of the money spent on traders could go to the game itself to keep it healthy.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

What... this is horrible... They DID take advantage of a "glitch"/oversight in the shop in that they traded in a NEW LE version of Kartch/Vindrax at the price that was set for a previous minting of those runes. The price in PB was set for the Limited version that was issued years ago and based on that version's rarity as a value to collectors. These are two different runes that happen to have the same name and rarity and therefore were recognized by the autotrader as being the same rune even though they aren't.

I really don't understand why people have this feeling that poxbox is somehow a big profit-driven machine. It's a single guy who went through the effort of creating an automated trader for the community and spends a significant amount of time and money on upkeep of that store so that it works for people 24-7. I view PoxBox as a service to the community, not an attempt to make money. Yes he has to charge a premium because otherwise it would not be possible to continue running a store with this type of inventory. This is not a high-traffic game. But he charges an overhead of 5%. That's ludicrously low for the level of work it would take.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

While they are two different mintings I dont see two LE Presidential Vindrax slots in the rune checklist, I am pretty sure if you have an old bersion and a new version that your checklist would show up as 2 LE Vindrax's.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

harbs were minted like 20million times

still one rune slot per faction last i heard

edit- oh, and if we're going off of mint-dates (which we used to have, would be nice if they were brought back but w/e), i have i think the earliest darkwing swarm, a rune which has likely seen the biggest change in its valuation over the shortest span of time (first real high up, then quite far back down)

yunno, cause that matters.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. calisk

It's not a glitch when you don't update your store properly or put in the appropriate amount of counter measures to handle this.

This is a store level problem not a customer level one.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. claydude5

This mindset is exactly why this game is dying.

"it isn't our fault we took advantage of something"

DarkJello likes this.
  12. calisk

sure if you want to see it that way, but it still isn't the consumers fault in this case.

you can say what you want about your opinion on the matter but I haven't heard a valid argument yet for why they scammed him.

"because he lost rune value" and "he couldn't be bothered to update or protect his store" are not valid arguments saying they scammed him, if those type of arguments are valid well he's scamming us every day.

13. claydude5

Because the runes were costed based on the amount in circulation, if more are printed, their value should decrease, because decondor was asleep, he could not change this. MW and others spammed tournies in order to get as much runes as possible back from decondor before he woke up. Why do you think they rushed this? TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE CHANGED.

14. calisk

Yes they did, and on black friday people rush to the stores to get the best deals as well.

His store automatically lowers the value based on the stock each trade in likely lowered the values of the runes, and eventually would close the trades entirely as over stock, thus giving incentive to rush regardless of anything else.

Those that didn't rush wouldn't get the best deals, but they also know deconder is not a store that honors his trades as final. he will force refunds, ban you from his stores for his mistakes, and harass you for refunds.

Store owners are accountable for what they set the price of their shop at, not the consumers.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dont get me wrong it is a scummy thing to do but you cant put the actions of a few people on the community as a greater whole. This has happened before and poxbox has still not taken precautions to prevent it from happening. Instead he prefers to go after his customers in retrospect and put the blame on them.

16. claydude5

Except on black friday the prices are intentional.

17. calisk

Stores ARE NOT limited to intentional sales, if wal mart mis-labels the price of a product they will sell it at that price even if not intentional, the customer is not scamming them they are buying it at the listed price.

If it was a mistake, they will correct that price going forward but that price at the time still stands.

even a mis printing in a flyer if not corrected or posted at the door is required to be met.

I actually once watched 22 bbq's sold in an hour at 9 dollars because of a mistake in a flyer and it couldn't be fixed fast enough upon the store opening and the customers grabbing them.
    this is just how things work in proper business, I can say deconder is allowed to run his shop however he wants, but if he wants to say these people scammed him or anyone else wants to accuse them they are indeed wrong.

btw i wasn't here last night to participate in this but I sure as hell would of.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  18. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

It is not the SAME rune what is so hard to grasp ? Atleast bellagion gets it.

You didnt hear any complain about the many Lance Admirals that got traded IN? Yeah I still need to reprice that one.... but at least that one was just a pricing thing on an existing product

If we gonna continue on the bbq story and I would buy Big Green Egg bbq's from people and all of sudden people just sell me boxes with rocks that match the weight of a BGE. Yeah I didn't check the box (had the right weight (Rarity & Name),= my faulty system agreed) but it does make the guy who puts rocks in that box a scammer. That is what happened.

Now because I got a different rune from what they say they would give (the very rare other LE version) the price didn't drop accordingly either.

Before it was fine to just check on name and rarity but if the direction is to have multiple LE versions of many runes then yeah... I need to reconsider my rune-checking code.
    (this exact situation hasn't happened before)

However...... I am so damn suprised really how people can hate a store so much. All base prices of runes are related to the forge prices, i take a very small margin of 5% and occasionally sell something, I even keep my $ prices higher than poxnora so they can make more sales... yet people complain that my prices are too high and I take too much cash from poxnora itself?
    There is one thing I learned from running Poxbox, once you become the biggest in something and obtain some power -even when not abusing it- people will just hate you for it . Even when at some point people cheered for you, found you the best out of the competition, supported you and even considerd game-saving... even then because you obtain a certain amount of power/monopoly people just hate you for it. It is a lesson well learned and I am quite surprised by it.

Pedeguerra, Ifem21, Bellagion and 2 others like this.
  19. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Ye he's selling LE runes for hundreds of dollars saying its to help DOG make money but there is no way to get LE runes from DOG.

JellyBerry and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]