going all in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Aug 14, 2014.

1. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

It's lies! :) It wasn't bad, the decks were super draw dependent so it'd be an easy win 90% of the time. People just didn't like the 10% when they lost to it; to be honest I didn't either, felt like there was nothing you could do. But the decks were innovative and I always appreciated the people who liked playing such things. Very cool and intricate combinations of runes they would come up with.

It wasn't worth sacrificing a big facet of the game for; I stand by Avatars being pure poop~

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

bonus points for ragebanded surging vindrax breathing to set off the chain

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- your boi is off da chain son.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS is bad at shrine killing, so I win most games by choking my opponent down. Recently won a game against FW with 2 vs 2 fonts with a shrine kill on kthir hill ... we had swapped sides and I had had to transfigure.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

FS's faction bonus is particularly good for this style of play.

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

>remembers when shrines could be drowned.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS champs and spells are particulary bad for it. Now that TLC is nrfd even more.

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

We need an unlike button :(

soulmilk likes this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

We need a chocolate ice cream button.

Dagda likes this.
  10. calisk

attrition players out with nora gen and getting them to quit before you ever need attack the shrine, that's what fs does ^^;;

11. PurpleTop

I don't like chocolate or ice cream.
    Coulda used that unlike button yet again :p

12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

For Some factions it is easier than others. IS will have to inch perfectly and setup so that 1 AP from drive and 1 ap from battledrum willl equate to a whole new attack.

SP will just cast ritual of binding and rush all their champions at the shrine like its some how not a noob, brain dead, tactic.

Also KF avatar needs to lose skylancer, it shouldn't be on a champion with 22 damage base and is boost able.

13. PurpleTop

ritual of binding generally isn't worth a slot just for those scenarios because they are too few and a good player vs sp won't let that condition be set up.

14. PurpleTop

of course, you could build a bg around ritual of binding, and there are plenty of ways to do this, but they are generally too gimmicky to be consistent

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I've always wondered what would happen if Avatars were removed and, instead, your shrine received X% less damage/LoL per Champion and/or Font you controlled on the board. A rush often boils down to pure RNG where you reveal the spells/equips you need to protect your superchamp while they are furiously scrying to get the 1-2 spells/equips that could stop you. The game would be pulled away from certain gimmicks both offensively (rush) and defensively (avatar globals).

I'm not saying it's needed, but we're on the topic.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Before the revamp, my meta sp deck had a nasty shrine kill option i took quite often

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah, when I played SP I'd just trick my opponent into letting me set up a one turn for his shrine, then BOOM RITUAL BINDING MUTHA****A

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I hardly ever needed rob. Relocate+alacrity+warcry+battledrum+slavers whip=pew pew pew

19. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I once got *****ed at for giving up on the fight we were having by casting Ritual of Binding and destroying his shrine.

It was funny because I would have lost in a few turns if I didn't.

20. calisk

I remember hospy thought I was crazy for even mentioning relocate on leoss( was thinking charge or other forms of gap closers), while SP has all these fun ways to trigger warcry.