Going to be jumping into ranked

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Mercer Skye, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

And figured I'd give this monster a try. Two spaces to wiggle stuff around, not sure if I want to just drop two Coragh's in for efficiency, or some Deathcaster for flair.

Opinions? (Bear in mind I've been away for a bit, and I'm still recovering from the shock of seeing that TPriest was buffed)

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you lack a vendetta.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Ghost Stalker and Harvester is kind of working against each other.
    Vendetta would be nice.
    Coragh would be a good tank in there.
    2 Bazaars is overkill imo and 1 ED is usually enough. With 2 Sac altars I would substitute on of the EDs with a Dark Rising.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Needs more Broken Bones IMO. Also, I'd drop one of the Birds, a Sac Alter, a Bazaar, and an ED. Toss in a Shadowshank, a Corrupter, Coragh, and possibly a Vendetta. Fill with Deathcaster (goes well with Corrupter), Bones, or whatever else you feel like. You can run pretty much whatever you want at low ranks, and as long as your skill backs you up, you'll do fine.

6. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

How often do you find yourself using lich king? When I put him in a lich bg before I find his cost is hard to use consistently

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

With Soulharvester you can get the nora for him a lot easier. I know my Lich deck I don't really use my LK either.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'd only run 1 sac altar if you aren't running dark rising because then you're relying on your haunt spawns surviving long enough to use. This becomes an issue as it is a lot easier for enemies to deal with as they see the spawns coming on their turn so they can react.

Sac altar works much better with raise dead as collecting a globe after their done using all their attacks for the turn can result in a punishing altar turn for you.

Right now I'd probably take the bird out as you don't generate enough meat to make him worth it and you'll get better functionality out of the druid.

If you're running serkan you could try squeezing in at least one vendetta as it's very nice on him.

9. Mercer Skye

So, I feel really really rusty, and haven't really gotten to do more than mess around with it on daily maps and sliding stuff around in the rune manager. But I think I'm going to change it up to this for now.

And thank you all for the feedback, it's been very helpful.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Nicer,you should consider to run skeletal raiders as melee as they fit more with the DB part of the bg.

11. jesterman7

Seems like a pretty heavy focus on nora gen with some spirit/stealth in there. Lich king may actually be doable if you generate enough nora with this bg compared to others. I personally done like death caster but if its not a huge deal. Two wake the dead seem much but if you have the nora it can work out.

12. Mercer Skye

Deathcaster is more just because I wanted one. I have no idea what any tier of play at the moment is using, and honestly, even if I hadn't been forced away from Pox for the last couple of months (months? jebus...) I'd have probably needed to step away anway. It gets wearisome feeling compelled to run all the regular staples with almost every battlegroup.

And in the Deathcaster, at least a couple months ago, was actually performing really well, and I was sincerely considering him a highly underestimated rune. decent range, deathpact on a slightly cheaper platform than our other options (sub-80 as opposed to over-80), magic damage is almost always useful, and 12dmg at five spaces out isn't anything to scoff at, plus, you can heal him under bouts of Coragh bile so he doesn't have to shy so far away from the fight.

I'm just more the type to want to use the things that I don't get to use very often, or that others have abandoned (have plans on seeing what it takes to make an Abomination work).

But, I can also admit that I need to get back into the swing of things, before I start experimenting.

13. only

only Active Member

Assimilate change was big thing for Deathcaster...

14. jesterman7

If you like using him by all means do so :) I just don't like him bc he doesn't fit a typical theme (witch, zombie, Life siphon, etc). Assimilate and disease are def nicely added ways to heal him and just running him behind Coragh will prob do quite well. I typically like Hoarfrost lich as a ranger/alt dmg or High Warlock who I think is quite good value. Frostvein witch is also one I like.

However I agree using the same things all the time isn't fun :D