Gonna make videos , need input first

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Agirgis1, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

So guys i finally decided id come around to recording my games explaining my moves etc...
    I will make the quality pretty good... probably HD but maybe a little less if the videos are too long, i do have a youtube channel that i unlocked the 15min cap years ago so i can post the long games too.
    Now here is where i need your opinion...
    1) Topics to talk about during games other then my actual moves ( since not much to explain in the early moves)
    2) do you want effects and ingame music on? or just effects? or none?
    3) do you want low volume background music (like rock etc) or nah

Thank you for your input :)

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'm going to be 100% honest here, without trying to sound like an *******.............you're not the type of person who should be making videos. You're not a good player (your rank, while high, is a poor reflection of your actual skill; consider your win % for example, and you'll see what I mean), you don't have nearly as much experience with the game as other video producers do (again, you've barely played over 1000 games total), and your views on the game as a whole are somewhat "controversial". No one has any reason to watch you over, say, moles1909, Sep, thunderrrr, or any of the other commentators.

If I were you, I'd steer well clear of making videos.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you can talk about the morbid fascination of pox community with win rate while you are capping your fonts.

Apostate and Agirgis1 like this.
  4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I do face top players everyday to try and prove myself and improve , and youve probably never watched a single game of myn...... But you can keep your uninformed opinion :)

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Ignore hobbit.
    Sound effects on.
    Ambient/instrumental/chillout/soundtracks from other games, default pox music is boring but ok.
    Fill gaps with humor (rage, flame, trashtalk, etc).

Makorov and Agirgis1 like this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you can also talk about the map

Agirgis1 likes this.
  7. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Whatever you do, make sure you're entertaining. Otherwise there'd be no reason to watch you over, say, Moles1909 or Sepulcher.
    And try to mix it up a bit, don't just run the same hyper meta bgs people tend to run.
    Just my opinion anyways, and good luck!

Agirgis1 likes this.
  8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

When streaming any kind of game, the key is to be entertaining, otherwise the viewers will get bored and leave. Think about i
    t, Pox is a "Boring" game in comparison to League of Legends, Dota2, WoW, or pretty much any other online game.

This is because it is slow and methodical instead of live-action casting and whatnot. Plus new viewers will be completely confused, whereas anyone can watch WoW and get the gist of it.

Whenever there is a gap in action, such as a DC, Pause, or just a stalemate, explain something thoroughly or throw in some banter:

"The reason I gave up that font last turn is so that I can powerturn his units with X and Y, thereby making him waste Z nora on a failed capture attempt"

"Seeing as my opponent is running a Full Faction K'Thir Forest bg against my Split Savage Tundra/K'thir Forest bg, I can assume that he or she will have the speed and range advantage over me for a majority of the game, and I will need to rely on my +hp bonus to close the range gap"

"My opponent displaced his Bastion the Avenger, I can only assume he has cast a Righteous Deflection on him."

etc etc etc.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I can't offer much advice on viewership and how to attract it. That's a separate question. I do think it's important to explain why you chose to do something (or not to do something you considered). It will help new players understand how they should play (as opposed to build decks, they are different I've learned) and you'll probably learn from it to.

PS: Ignore Jazzman.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  10. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Opportunity is your right, so I say go for it! ;)

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

It doesn't make a difference. for people to like you if you're recording, you have to be a moderately adequate player and make yourself sound funny.

12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

take inspiration from muhammad ali

Loyaute likes this.
  13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

i was taking it from jordan... but your right Ali trash-talked a lot more.....thank you :)

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

My opinions

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

how about G once?
    :D....i don't have years to explain all my opponents mistakes... but ill try

16. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Once is better than 0 but i preferer twice :)