Good headphones for Music/Gaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dovahkhiin, Oct 7, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

What kind of music do you like, and what are the source files? (mp3, wav, flak etc) Also, will you be plugging these buds into your computer primarily, or your phone/ipod?.

It's ok if you don't know source files, saying what you listen to (pandora, di.fm, spotify, youtube, itunes, google play, etc) will give me enough info.

And the follow up, is how often will you be using them? If all the time, you may consider spending $100 or more on them, if not, the skullcandy's have really good bang for the buck at $40. But so do the Klipsch S4's (a little bit more).

If I had to pick my favorite earbuds for the value, it would be the monster turbines. The turbine pros are still around, but I personally wouldn't buy them for more than $130 (about how good they sound).

Otherwise, if you are looking for very clean/flat sound (ie, there isn't any forced distortion to create "bass"), I would recommend the martin logan mikros 90's (about $90), or on the high end the bowers and wilkins c5's (about $180).

And if you are plugging it into your computer primarily and don't have a good sound card, Get the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2. Seriously the best money I've ever spent on audio products.

2. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

also, @SPiEkY I love AT, but they aren't quite my listening style. I always compare audio to the best flavor of ice cream, you clearly like a good flavor, but it isn't the best ;)

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Looks like these would be your best bet, then.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

And for only 30 bucks? Looks like I will be getting a new Halloween mask then. Stitched in smile scarcrow mask here I come

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I know the owner of skullcandy. I've always liked their products

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They're definitely solid products. I probably won't buy any other brand of earbud, to be honest.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

managed to find them at bestbuy on sale for 28 bucks, they're pretty good

much better than my 8 dollar convenient store headphones

SPiEkY and st3ck like this.
  9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

going to bust an eardrum soon