GRIMLIC IS <100 NORA NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Curious , how many of you guys run Grimlic now? Do you guys think he is worth a spot ?

I've always liked him , personally , yet to try him post revamp though .

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you don't run him, you might as well stop running UD

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

<.<

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

He's in nearly all my BGs

5. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Yes. He's 90-94 Nora now for a high-damage, 6-range powerhouse with an AoE attack. Back to autoinclude status, IMO.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Is Grimlic + Tinderbox still a good thing?

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I've always been more a fan of Demon Shield, but it's still a great equip for him.

PurpleTop likes this.
  8. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I believe so. SPD 8 and Fire Acolyte are very nice.

My main issue is that I suffer from friendly-fire, since I always forget about the aura. Usually I'll only remember when I notice that a champion next to him is on half hp.

"Wait, what happened to my Goblin Dirtbag? I'm sure my opponent didn't attack hi... oh yeah... grimlic has an aura now."

In terms of comparison with Demon Shield, I imagine it will depend on what the main threats to him are. If your opponent has a lot of targetted ranged attacks, the shield is what will keep him alive. But, if their ranged attackers are relatively weak, or if they're using a lot of blasts, Tinderbox will usually be the better choice.

Alternatively, you could just go with the 'whichever one I draw first' method of equipment selection. ;)

9. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

8 SPD Grimlic is really sexy, but I find that Demon Shield is usually a better equip.

He's deadly enough at 7 SPD, and the healing from Acolyte won't match the protection of DS in terms of keeping him alive. The Aura won't be much of an offensive factor; if he's on the front lines dealing Aura damage, he's in trouble most of the time.

That said, if you're running a Fire themed deck, Tinderbox is a more versatile include, so it kind of depends on the rest of your deck and whether or not Demon Shield will be more useful to the BG as a whole.

SPiEkY likes this.