Haothehare's Suggestions

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Haothehare, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Haothehare

Haothehare The King of Potatoes

Reserved for KF rants of rage and indignation

2. Haothehare

Reserved for SP and SL

3. Haothehare

Reserved for Discussion on Balance, Meta, and Theme Synergies.

aseryen likes this.
  4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

You got a lot of work cut out for you to fill all those reserved posts man. Ill wait until you post the FS and SL ones before i comment, as theyre the only factions i play.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Try making more paragraphs man, I'm not proud to say I got lost more than once.:oops:

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

holy...

7. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

(waits for 30seconds to post)

...hell

8. Haothehare

Hey guys, for those of you who may enjoy what I've posted so far, and as I add new suggestions to replace the spaces that I have reserved for things, please comment or bump this thread!

9. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

My jaw on the floor...

I can't say I agree on everything, but personal ideas are personal. Great effort and dedition here!

10. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Definitely some interesting ideas. The stealth ideas are fairly interesting in and of themselves. Looking forward to seeing more.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Appreciate the effort and the ideas. However if I was to make any suggestion it would be for you to watch games and check the runes which are being used currently so you have more awareness of the current Pox. Some of your suggested changes are a little bit... much. Like K'lzik. I believe Surge 2 (which by the way, I would not skip over entangle) is not a thing anymore but the version you suggested could potentially plow through anything. Second path made me giggle a little bit when I saw Bulwark.

Either way, welcome back and I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions for the Savage Tundra.

10/10, would get wrist pain from scrolling through this on my phone again.

SPiEkY and Woffleet like this.
  12. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

There's a lot of good points in here, but one in specific caught my eye that I do not somewhat agree on.

It's true that, yes, a good BG has their own way of dealing with these things in one way or another. If you have fun with an All Ranged BG, then that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. I like playing casual with guildies and friends, too. But if you go to a ranked game, you most likely play to win. Yes, you have to include some form of melee in a ranged BG. Yes, you will need some form of shatter. But you don't need to run Detection. There are a lot of ways of pseudo detection in this game, including all the Greeting abilities, UD font, Deafening Aura, and so on.

You do not bring a knife to a gunfight, which I feel like this is. Look at all different TCG and strategy games for that matter that allows you to customize units. Hearthstone, Yu-Gi-Oh, even Command and Conquer. You may adore tanks, but I doubt it'll shoot down a plane or a helicopter. Or if you've played Hearthstone, yes, you like big minions, but don't forget about 1 ~ 4 mana minions. Or just a deck filled with 1 mana minions, which loses to Area of Effect and Taunt pretty hard. Now, these decks can be pretty fun casually, or just with friends. But if you play these kinds of decks, no matter which platform in Ranked Play, expect that these opponents have decks with answers. That's just a part of Deckbuilding. Yes, you'll have to sacrifice some slots, but that's the competetive aspect of it.

You might think they're trying hard, perhaps they are, since it's ranked after all. But even so, they did NOT choose to play against your ranged BG. They did NOT choose to ruin your fun.

And please, do not call this cheese or being unskilled. Cheese is something totally different..

Darn you Aspect of Chaos and Violence... ;;

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  13. Haothehare

Thanks for the reply... I agree with everything you said but you miss interpreted where I was coming from... firstly, perhaps it was a bad example to talk about Anti-Range as "cheese" like you said, which I agree... poor example choice. However, I'm really coming from the perspective of saying "Please stop making more champions with abilities that can't be dealt with at all by 90% of the champions in the game UNLESS you have variable X in your BG... it just means there's one more thing you have to bring in your deck to be able to win... Like stop making runes that totally hose the other team on their own if you don't have something very specific in your deck to deal with it.... My point was from game design aspect and perspective and not really talking about the players... I said "I don't enjoy losing to a player who abuses these imbalanced HARD COUNTER things" but OF COURSE people are going to use and choose to use the best runes to give them victory! I'm not blaming the player at all... you should see some of my cheesy BG's that I've built over the years :p ... WHat I'm saying is don't make abilties that can't be dealt with unless you have a specific HARD COUNTER... don't even MAKE those champions... that's the point... not really focused on the players... players who are consistently on the top ranks in the charts are there for a reason no matter what kind of BG they run... like Tiny Dragon for example... over the years I've seen him play lots of factions and decks and I don't even know why he's winning half the time when I watch him play... he has probably a better game sense than a lot of players and knows to look for things that most players don't even think about. THAT is knowledge and skill... but on the whole I've run into decks where it is just UN FUN to play against... like back in the day the Kanens when they first were released almost all of their champions had Paralytic Feedback... so what that meant was, the healthy BG that you made with some melee and some ranged units suddenly becomes half as effective against a Kanen BG... your ranged units are totally worthless and you only can rely on your melee while the Kanen player could use their ranged crones along with their melee units to their full effectiveness... but now you look at kanen and most of that had been removed. If you LIKE paralytic feedback you can have it on some of the champs but not all of them have it any more... Of course Paralytic feedback again isn't completely OP or imba on it's own, *meh, maybe another bad example*... basically make abilities that are fun to play with AND against and have meaningful ways of dealing with it instead of making it be about some mechanic that you can't do anything about... Uh... oh here's a good or decent example... Zephyr Shield upon release was an OP ability that could make a unit completely untouchable unless you had precision because all attacks would miss against it once it has a shield and the ONLY two abilities that could stop it was to Pin Down it or use Precision... or you could try completely surrounding it, but it lasts 3 or 4 turns if I remember correctly so while you're holding this guy down for 3 turns he's hitting your champions while you can't do anything to him until his Zephyr shield runs out... THAT is imbalanced and OP and makes one individual rune waaaay too hard to deal with... the CURRENT zephyr shield is a lot more sane and fair.. it can store up to only 3 charges and it takes 4 movement to stack up one charge... NOW it's fair... Now you can meaningfully impact it with counterplay and even if he gets up those shields you could still try focus firing him to get rid of the shield.

Sorry, like someone mentioned earlier, I should familiarize myself with some of the newer runes and also the new versions of old abilities and mechanics... believe me, I have been doing that, but there's a LOT of runes in Poxnora ... and a LOT of abilities... sometimes I don't even know where to look to find a champion with a specific ability I want to talk about and some of the old runes that had the ability can't be found with that ablity anymore, etc.... perhaps I might suggest a Poxpedia or something? Maybe there already is one, but it's incredibly hard to look up abilities as of right now... Champs I can use the Rune Checklist but abilities can't really be found easily ...

14. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Things is... They're not absolutes. A full Arrow Eater deck would only come to be as a response to a ranged heavy 'meta'. And that's fine. They're only potentially broken within that space, but it's a problem players have self procured to themselves through deck design. In addition, if you check General Discussion or the Patch Notes from previous expansions and such you'll find out hard counters such as Sever Summons have been changed. Can't really recall others if there were because that's the one that comes to me as an actual hard counter.

Pox is at a state in which deck choices are narrowed mainly due to the low amount of players, conversely, players should know that if they want to compete they should design their decks to do so. For a long time, Tiny did this in order to maximize his wins (he's been playing themes more as of lately because the game leans more towards that than 'goodstuff' decks), none of his picks were random and are not random up until today, he's also a great player yes, but that comes too through his deck building.

As for data bases, I believe the one that was updated most recently is this:

http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/

-Credit to Logan-

Hopefully it should provide some help. Take into account that up until now some abilities have been either scrapped or consolidated to simplify the game and that's going to continue happening (next patch Pounce and Swoop are becoming one).

15. Haothehare

There's something you mentioned at the end of your post that caught my eye....
    Abilities becoming scrapped or consolidated is a step in the right direction for SURE... having way too many abilities in this game makes it hard to learn for newer players... they add to the complexity of the game without adding more depth, and I'm glad to hear they are making strides in this department.