Happy Veterans Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow service members and really to anyone who serves selflessly for their country. We carry the weight of those who did not return. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

USMC 1997-2002

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Here in the north, we call it Remembrance Day. You Yankees have strange customs and a strange language. Nevertheless, we salute our boys of old!

[​IMG]

Karmavore likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I find this to be rather inappropriate ... But eh, do what you want, I'll be elsewhere.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I don't understand how.....

No matter the case mad respect points from me to all veterans and active service members. Y'all rock

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wat

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He's a flaming liberal. He thinks freedom just happens.

SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Boozha

Did you mean to say "I am a flaming conservative and think killing children means freedom"? No? Alright, I guess we should stop the dumb stereotypes then

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

At this point I feel bad for baiting you.

Tarabostes likes this.
  9. Boozha

Its not too late, I haven't fallen for any bait yet

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Umhu

PurpleTop likes this.
  11. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

No worries. I was happy to do violence on your behalf so that you would have the freedom to abjure violence.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    MEATMAN, SPiEkY and Baskitkase like this.
  12. Boozha

Please don't appropriate anything I do for you. Your actions have nothing to do with mine and might aswell exist in a vacuum for this matter.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

we are all one

so can't we all get along i mean damn

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. Boozha

If it were any easier, perhaps; as it is there are too many people going around killing other people for rather arbitrary reasons. Matters get worse when they are proud of it.

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

so booz, i've been rather curious about this for a while- is this culture/mindset of yours something that's unique to you (so far as you know)? and do you see it as something of a backlash against the relatively recent atrocities of your nation (note the qualifer- we've all done it. it's just that i think there's probably been a very small group of countries that do terrible things on that scale and then have them magnified and examined and retold on the scale hollywood alone has done)?

and if it isn't unique to you, same followup question?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'd go out on a limp and say it's the backlash from Hitler and all that (hear me out). From what I know, it's like an unspoken rule in Germany to try and stay away from all the cray cray violence because it'd bring up memories/comparisons and condemn it. Also cause every other nation ever pretty much beat Germany to death with them. Which might be why he's not into the whole 'revere thy soldiers' kinda thing. Or violence or all that in general. Which might have lead to his whole "honesty and values above all to the extreme" thing.

Or he's just weird like that and above is irrelevant. Dunno, sorry if offended.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

hey just so you know if it's a hitler thing, I found this book about how part of the german army (Wehrmacht iirc) took up arms, after hitler commited suicide, against SS troops to defend french POWs and fight with american forces. Firk the nazis, but germans are pretty cool

18. Lop

Lop The King of Potatoes

I agree, it is disrespectful. The only soldier that should be proud is one who follows true nationalism. I'll tell you right now that our country is not governed by true nationalism. Our country is being corn-holed by private foreign financial institutions. Seriously, let us not do what is socially acceptable but rather see how things really are. There is no independent America. For at least 130 years there hasn’t been an independent America. So how can a country that isn’t independent fight for the freedom of other countries? So what does that make someone who is fighting for what he/she thinks is a free America? If one is a pawn of a ruled America, then one is serving the interests of the one who is ruling America.

The soldier is bound to the military that is bound to the government that is bound to a corporation. The corporation exploits and rules all beneath it and justifies its actions by means of influence. Soldiers should only serve their country if and only if that country is sovereign (the country rules itself) or for the purpose of aiding that country in becoming sovereign, otherwise people are being heavily exploited at their own expense. I haven’t noticed anything freedom related outside the presidencies of Andrew Jackson/Ab.Lincoln/JFKennedy/Jefferson. So, how many years of freedom did America really have? The only time America was free was in the absence of foreign financial institutions. This also applies to the majority of West European countries.

In the current case, soldiers are lesser than mercenaries because even though mercenaries are only loyal to money, the average current soldier would rather lie to himself and follow imaginary ideals, remain loyal to something that does not exist, and even try to justify himself. The average soldier is at the bottom of the chain of influence, and therefore the justifications are not derived from one’s own influence. People should think about who influences them to join the military.

Chain of influence flow: corporation --> government --> military. People are just not aware of the rule in the country. If people want to be true patriots or freedom fighters then the first thing they should do is boot the foreign influence that has been ravaging the country for years and resist that influence. The authority in our country also abuses the idea of nationalism and freedom to further exploit its resources. The flow of influence should be X government --> X corporation -->X military. It should not be Y Corporation --> X government --> X military. Currently, Ruler C rules country A and soldier A to raid country D; the loot goes to C. What does the soldier A get? "good job, your country is proud of you for fighting for freedom"

A soldier should only serve a justified authority that supports a just cause with good intentions. Currently, the authority consists of parasites, with the bad intentions of exploiting its citizens and ruling people overseas. Why serve them? This isn't coming from a radical/liberal/left wing/right wing w/e, this is coming from someone who thinks that America should be ruled by true Americans, France should be ruled by true french, etc. Just as everyone has the right to think for themselves, every country has the right to be autonomous. I might have indirectly insulted you and I apologize for that but no convenient way to put it in little time.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    Saandro likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shots fired.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The Warriors heart transcends government and politics. It's a timeless characteristic inside a man (or woman) who is willing to take up violence and risk death in honor of what he holds precious.

If you strip away the flag, the year, even the country of origin, you'll find this seed in the heart of a warrior.

That's what I celebrate.

But when you bring all those layers back, no country/entity can have strength without warriors. Freedom is bought by their actions or willingness and ability to act. And freedom is simply the ability to do what one pleases without the permission, favor or condemnation of another.

These civilians trying to attach their own worthless social responsibility to what the warrior does is laughable. If the warrior wasn't willing and able to do war they would only be able to express that opinion with the permission/favor of those who had ran them over (Germans previously, radical islam most recently) with their warriors or face their condemnation for doing so. Given that, if not free, these same socially responsible individuals (that really only talk, mind you, they never actually do anything about what they say is wrong) shrink and cower and disappear, waiting for the warrior to clear the way.

The only time a coward would have the audacity to blame their own warrior for the problems of their entity is after long periods of enduring freedom where you've been afforded the ability to do absolutely whatever you please with no consequence.

But don't think it will always be this way. America or whoever is in top will not always be on top. History has taught us this. But me and my kind will not know another life. We will have taken war to those who sought us harm and either drove them away or died in the attempt, but the living under another's thumbs is the providence of that same socially responsible blowhard and all of his kind.

SPiEkY likes this.