Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Also, don't change Zoalt. He's perfect.

Kampel likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Heart of Gnash, Equipped champeon gains race: mutant, a rank of regen, Charged Attack and if it has a mutation ability it triggers 3 consecutive times at no cost.(?????????)

3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The problem with Vex has always been that you're paying 100n for a single ability. It's extremely strong when it gets going but at that price her role shouldn't be to sit in the back and shoot out the odd flamethrower or attack.. Personally, I'd like to see her as a tanky front liner with divine wellspring as a side benefit rather than her raison d'etre.

With that in mind, I'd switch out her passive charge mechanic for attack charged, give her either some common resistances or scale armor (resist phys/magic seem really undercosted to me so they would be better for her IMO) then change divine wellspring to an activated ability where she loses all charges, and it lasts for one round (range reduced to 4-6 as well) then she becomes a cool phalanxish unit that's a lot easier to tweak instead of a one-dimensional dumb champ that sucks and is boring.

A mutate ability could also be pretty cool to give her synergy with doctor/morph and give her something else to spend her charges on if she's by herself.

drathys likes this.
  4. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

Please, for the love of god, completely redo Vex. Divine Wellspring is an awful, disgusting, unreliable, dirty, no-good stinking ability. It's a hit or miss, such as she can become way too efficient in some cases (let's not even talk about 2x2) and a sand bag in others. I think that the SL generally agrees that Vex needs to just be redone... or, at least, this is what I've gathered from the past discussions about her.

Deploy charged is a bonkers ability, charges are boring, and divine wellspring is a gimmicky ability that is generally disagreed upon.

I will admit that I am not the best at designing a champ, so I will leave that to some of the more capable players in this game. I hate seeing an awesome sprite like hers being wasted.

5. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Covenant: Equipped wizard gains Logistics: Range and Magic blast, if the equipped on menalaus or Grimthir you are refunded 20 nora upon equipping.

Poxlife likes this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Best idea ever let's just remove split heroes entirely because it was a terrible idea to begin with.

7. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm probably terribly biased so sorry if this is a terrible post.

I mainly play flying st ( yes everything must fly ) so juya is my go to hero. it feels like a lot of her power is in the fact she sits at 7 range after a crown. Without it she is much closer to the fight and easier to take down ( maybe not easy but easier ) but no body thinks of her without the equip.

Some quick math with the old formula puts her about 10 under what her stats and abilities cost, some is from 2x2 but I think that is supposed to be capped at -5. If both the cost was adjusted and the items juya specific buff/refund was taken away it would be removing precision ( not the biggest problem but a nice feature of the equip ) and adding ~25 nora to the cost of the unit people are used to seeing that seems like a fairly large nerf.

I've seen several people complain about her utility with heal, declare target, and a melee attack. Perhaps trim some of them, I honestly wouldn't mind a cheaper version of her. Heal and declare target are 19 nora it would mess up her upgrade path but a 70 nora juya seems crazy enough for me. If I'm honest I really like the heal on her though and would rather see stab and/or declare target go.

Changing the crown to not give range could also work but it doesn't seem to bother people that much on other champs or at least I don't see posts about it. Anyway just a theme playing zealots attempt to keep some of the pitchforks at bay, feel free to disregard as you see fit.

8. Rokkushun

Brainstorming for vex;
    +Acid breath 1
    +Fire breath 1
    +recharge
    -attack charged
    Divine wellspring; CD1 Cost 1 ap-2 charges. Friendly champions within X spaces are healed for Y and cleansed. Nora cost down to 8
    -ATTACK PHYSICAL
    -3 damage

Upgrade line 1;
    -Surge draksar
    Surge dragon:1 (DEFAULT)
    +Fire acolyte
    +Vigor: acid OR Deflect acid

Default build would put her at 98 nora with the possible 88 nora with cheapest upgrades possible (guessing at -3 damage being 2 nora. doesn't sound right but whatever)
    It'll look like this;
    Untitled.png
    Thoughts?
    Recharge can prolly be replaced with something else, but I couldn't think of anything at the time and it sounds like a great interaction forcing people to chose between divine wellspring and using more bombs.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

mad photoshop skillz

Also, I like the idea, but I'm not well-versed enough with SL to know if it's actually a good fit.

10. Rokkushun

Thanks for your input. To be honest I'm not familiar with SL at all but with her equip boosting both Fire/acid damage and the main gripe is that she's just a walking wellspring bot. My proposed changes will make her much more interactive while still feeling like she is the in-between of Valdac and Vindrax. Upgrade line 1 will allow people to specialize in a specific element or keep her in the dragon theme I feel. I'll be posting an idea or two for heart of gnash soon.

11. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Zombie plague is problematic on Timothy,who is an autoinclude in any fw/fs split bg,but its alright on the original champion that first had it:infected zombie.Rather then nerfing infected zombie and spell plague,timothy should get zombie plague removed because its broken on a range champion.
    Also Timothy can shut down a stitched bg completely as zombies will spawn instead of relics.

12. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

please remove crack pipe and think again.he is so cheap...

13. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

14. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Consistency: either give all combat heroes -1 spd, or revert ones which got it

Return shielded or warding to all splitheroes which had it — they had it for reason, what's the point to have unique expensive champs with huge growth potential, if they can be easily spot-removed?

Sarinda/Kiergana: stitched from the most synergetic theme, that was possible to split with anything, turned into dumb "recons with upgrades, stitchlings with numerous, non-lumbering tyrant".
    For me it was much better to have a dozen possible bgs with strong hero/weak chaff, than 1 bg with weak hero/strong chaff.

Magnus: both IS/FW human and pally decks were plain killed.
    I still don't understand, why almost all IS humans lost that race,
    foul rite (though it in most cases had timmy as a hero, rather than maggy) was finished even further with turning almost all efficient fuel to summons,
    and current barbs, even if they become humans again, are quite like stitched — from finally interesting boons turned into dumb "unstoppable bers to everything".

Jyx/Argol: they are usable, but lost all coolness and feel like filthy commons

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

please change the tetra shield he can benefit from immunity better half the time i get lightning immunity and opponents not using attack lightning abd

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Serkan Streamlined
    P1: Teleport 1/2/3
    P2: Cripple / Weary / Debilitate
    Base: Attack: Electricity / Boon / Hero / Defensive Strike / Logistics Life Siphon

Spd up to 7 reduce dmg

Netherzen and chickenpox2 like this.
  17. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Gneral Korsean- Human Undead
    Upgrade 1- Provision, Conqueror, Charge 3
    Upgrade 2- Soul Sift, Short Lived1, Equalize
    base- Attack physical, bloodless, boon, Dark Rider, Hero, Roar of the Fallen (I fell off my horse *#$#%)
    Deck limit to 1
    2nd form- Human (no undead… he is the sole survivor!)
    base Solitary, Vindictive, Pariah
    Bring back range 1-2 electric whip

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

solitary on korsein its just sandbag cause you can easily deploy another champion and he loose the ability so no point

19. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Logistics, sadly, does not do well on Undead units. Or rather, it does too well making the discount for the ability unneeded.

Maybe if the race "undead" was removed though.

Also: I find this design really boring for a hero. I would rather see something like a choice between surge spirit/lich/ or vengeful (presuming equipment is changed) to allow him into various builds thematically (and put TP onto base).

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

My thoughts on the UD heroes:

K'lzik:

She is pretty good as is. She is very strong within theme and a decent but not standard include in a goodstuff. If a change to the hero ability raised her cost it wouldn't be a tragedy- she would still be great in spiders, but wouldn't be run outside them.

Grimlic:

He isn't quite auto include in a goodstuff deck but not far off. I think his kit is fine, and a moderate cost hike of +6 to 8 would probably put him in the spot of viable but not near auto, another option would be to lose a point or two of damage.

Maxxerek:

I don't think there is actually anything wrong with the current design, or the current price. Maxx decks are very dependant on the relocate options, and with the priestess nerf the deck suffered. The question is whether this warrents a buff to maxx himself.

Sarinda:

Reasonable enough include in stitched decks, but a small buff wouldn't hurt.

voodoochile and SPiEkY like this.