Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wait, are we changing diplomats into heros?

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

restrict each bg to 1 hero. It's supposed to be a hero so they should be strong
    nerf Talgars equip. Without it he's a fine hero, with it, well your opponent needs equip removal :p

Beasts for life likes this.
  3. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

They have that Demon Shield is an example.
    -
    Korsien is an ambassador if you make him a hero you'd almost have to make Mika, Berkchani, Malandur, Kae'yun, Zedin, Torien, Anaru, breaking up a full set to make one randomly a hero out of personal bias solves what exactly?
    -
    Ambassador, diplomats are the earlier release, but personal bias leads to arbitrary breaking of sets in a group of people.
    -
    Spinner's Greaves - Some combination of:
    Pull
    Entangle
    Trail Web + Hit and Run
    Basic Attack - Net
    Weave Web
    Propogate Spiderling

darklord48 likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

actually made a suggestion before with my guildies about prince malandaur make him more efficient by romving opportunitic strike

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

About Valdac, I find him to be rather terrible. His range is restrictive and damage not impressive, his heal is ok and he cleanses, allright. Valdac's soul makes no sense and his summon is one of the worst summons in the game, dying from random aoe damage and taking away V's hp and 5 ap. I understand that people don't want summons to be too good, but I'd rather have nora discount instead of using 5 ap+ hp to create this little guy.

On top of that Valdac suffers from being a 100 nora support who is best deployed before you deploy other units (augment creation), but his other abillities work best if there are already units on the field.

Imo he should:

- Lose some tankiness, his defensive stats are huge, for no reason - he is a support.
    - That dragon summon should go on an upgrade so that we're not forced to take it (nora discount)
    - Valdac's soul should be redesigned or removed, it's impact on the game is in 95+ % of matchups close to null.
    - As a support, he could use a way to debuff/crowd control enemy champions - maybe instead of homunculus + valdac's soul?

I don't feel that his impact on the game is equal his 100+ nora cost at the current state, and he even receives a hero discount.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

(considering the removal of hero discount)

Talgar just needs his equipment reworked/changed/bonked, he might could lose purified to help him not be over 100 nora. I don't really see a problem with Euan.

But after that change they'll go back to being the same expensive set of mid90s heros that, while cool, are too risky to deploy - especially in todays game of efficiency models.

7. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see Ash loose Pariah. I'd gladly pay 5 more nora to be able to heal him. He's good as it is otherwise, same for Murder.

8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just saying you can heal him with aoe junk easily.

9. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I know but it's much less than Nectar Fairy dump 22 heal. ;)

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, he's got Pariah for a reason, I'd rather not change that.

11. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I believe he has pariah to stop you from sacrificing him (or other "return" abilities), as he, Ash, is only about 3/5 of the actual unit yet has 100% of the nora cost associated with him.

However, IIRC reanimate has since been changed to not work on heros and I believe bloodless (while not favourable) could patch up remaining holes.

12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I'd review Keeneye for Juya and overall since extra range is rather powerful regardless of where you use it. I, however, would like to keep the precision clause to be fit into a theme with God knows what else.

As for Juya herself, I seem to be the only one that runs Juya with Blockade. The range drop from Keeneye would already change matters for her but I don't mind one bit if she loses Heal Champion. Declare Target, however, is my occasional jam (and definitely worth keeping wink wink). An argument could be made that Piercing shot isn't really necessary and could be replaced for something else (maybe?) as well so it'd be cool to see suggestions.

13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Heroes should be 1x and named runes should be 1x, and Split Hero ability text should be revised.

14. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

I wouldn't like to see Maxxarek being able to move by regular means. It is imho one of the best designs ever... That said I must clarify I don't even run him, because he is way too difficult to play and it needs almost a dedicated BG. Summarizing: I don't know how to make him more usable but I'am positive he shouldn't walk around the board, it would ruin him.

Tarathil likes this.
  15. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Some people have commented that heroes should be theme-specific. I don't agree with that because there are fewer heroes than themes, and some themes will be left behind.

Instead, I think @DMrBadguy made the right point, which is that each hero should have a defined role/use. He gave the examples of Kl'zzik and Maxxarek, which are generally good, but excel when fulfilling a certain role in a certain type of bg (spider theme for Kl'zzik, <65 nora champions for Maxx). On the other end of the spectrum, we have SP's heroes, who are all melee, physical damage beaters. Sceian functions as a swarm enabler, but Klub and Dirge are just very efficient beaters for their cost and should be redesigned to focus on a particular role.

Using SP as an example again, I'd like to see heroes reworked to fulfill well-defined roles. A djinn/hyaenid hero that focuses on defile (perhaps); reworking Klub as a very defensive tank; reworking Dirge towards more of a boost/commander type unit for moga, etc. If Pox moved in this direction, we'd have a bit more champion diversity (since 3 slots wouldn't be taken up by 3 RUNME heroes) and we'd be able to add more heroes to the game.

16. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

all i want is a little Dirge change. Surge ability should be upgradable (surge 1 - nid , moga, slag ?? yeah! slag ! They needs something to make them a little more playable... ) :))

17. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Slag are playable right now, well, at least for me. Had win 7/10 games with them in ranked .-.

18. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

bad opponent or lucky draw ? If you dont get ooze tap/guarded slag champ in few first turn.. you are pretty much dead.
    They needs serious damage and range buff... Dirge with surge will only help.

19. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Off topic, but personally I liked the idea of Mythic runes with names. They didn't have to be heroes but they were still a role in lore and also a x1 only include to your bg and at the time were decent to play.
    I would like to see more mythic/named runes in the future and also when/if we ever get a 4th hero drop I've been thinking of cool ideas to make the heroes.

Ideas are: Heroes from the past/future (time rips)
    Old heroes that have evolved(All factions have 1 person missing atm. They come back changed. Example: Gekaal, Master of Nora(Art he is almost an elemental now. He is all nora, barely resembling a boghopper and has become literary one with nora. Another example: Serkan, Necro'master~ he is human again and is now the most powerful dark arts master now)

Tweek516 and DarkJello like this.
  20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I like your ideas but i would like him to keep the summons (with an ap cost reduction) even on upgrades, i've made some full summon bgs and Reavenspeaker has synergy with them too.