(Highlander) Poison Collective

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by MaruXV, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

poisoncollective.png

I noticed a lot of different races in forglar have some affinity with poison, and the monks from ST expanded races available for collective. the poison attack relic also isnt that bad. the idea is to have nice units boosted by collective and altar, amplify poison, knockback into clouds and try not to lose every match.

Angel: cleanse and empathy. not the best choice, but with boost from collective and altar comes back a little.

augur: best choice for knocks into clouds. Can go 2x if leave the highlander idea.

Jekai wth headache: seism and additional knocks

Collective ambassador: with double-race champs her damage output goes up really quick. also cleansing aura is nice and starshine helps our few tanks

Ghern : Bad, but not as bad as it looks. spd7 is nice, for a cheap unit with potential 55-60hp who hits quite hard and puts down traps. knock into trap+poison cloud hits hard.

jelly mend: i like the healer for additional empathy with angel and weaken spell, but also Overmind could be a good choice. i still think we need a healer more than the CD on runes.

Ferren: the monk can contest nicely with nokhan and leap.

marsh troll: very cheap, not very strong but does his work. if played with the double boost hits quite hard with pummel.

hypnofrog: beast and poison cone.

poison elemental: poison charge and cloud. no need for explanations

poison tree: nice cloud and poison storm, will be better with immunity poison

risen tortun: alt damage, burn, bomb, and double race to boost ambassador

Slick&buz: poison cloud, ap pot, metamorphosis and double race. best hero for the BG

sludge wurm: double race for ambassador, amplify poison, very cheap tank with melee spec.3

snap ancient: cleanse and inhibite, and hits from far. could go with a third empathy maybe.

firk badface: double race for ambassador, annoying melee champ.

swamp wisp: ampli poison and more clouds.

SPELLS: just a couple of utility spells, erode, corrode, backfire boon and cleanse mist to help healing.

RELICS: mushroom to poison cloud (knockback into poison mush is quite strong) and poison amplifiy/vulnerability.
    altar and collective for boost. poison trap to stop rushes and contaminated wreckage to help the not poisonous champs into somekind of powerturn.

EQUIP: anti rush Cthulhuhelm, amplify dart and on spot detect.

Maybe it isnt the best BG ever, but i find it quite fun and interesting to play.
    it almost maxes out the number of races you can surge with ambassador. i think i could get more just adding snaptooth rider who is a human instead of snap elder, but i dont think its worthy.
    In case we stop the highlander and go double runes, i would double mushroom and poison dart to max amplify, and maybe take out ghern and troll to double ambassador and augur.

I'm open to suggestions to make it better (or even only playable).

aseryen likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Creativity over Healing Mind is what I'd do.

Creativity would allow for Backfire Boon to be up more and that should solve any healing. As will Bubble of Protection so your units won't need healing as much.

Poison also lends itself to Swamp Warts so you could swap that out with Poison Trap if you think the extra dmg type will help.

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like Highlander decks, i find them fun and i really like the variety of runes it allows when the deck size is limited to 30. The lack of Reverb, Pygmys and Font erupt is not to my tastes. You should try out Overmind, Creativity is pretty awesome with a number of FS spells and stuff like Poison Trap. Id swap that Stillwater for a Mindshredder personally and id run a Doomball over Mindwarp. Personally i would drop a champ somewhere for an extra spell.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i understand the strength but i dont like very much font eruption, thats why its not there. reverberating strike should be there, i dont know where i lost it...maybe in one of the hundreds of changes^^. pygmys not there because they are beast so i wanted to check if they make you loose the boost from collective on doomball/mindwarp. Doomball could be nice instead of firk mutatant. i dont lose the double race deploy and i can put the shredder. thanks for advice.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Anima26

I cant remember but im sure Collective only affects Runedock deploys so Pygmys should be ok. Im only 95% sure so a quick test would suss it out.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

tested with hippos and the insects from gathering at dawn, its ok collective works only on deploy. poisoncollective.png

at the moment running something like this. replaced the warpfrog and firk mutant with doomball. also elder crocodile out, snaptooth rider in. elder is very strong but i dont lake range, snaptooth rider is a nice font contester and has shatter. also doublerace for collective. trying poisonous fumes instead of hippos...maybe i'll be back to them anyway. for the lack of healing i found space for an empathy scroll. still should find some place for more healing i think.
    @aseryen i saw swamp warts, and i think they are very good in a full Poison bg. but in this deck i already have quite a lot of alt damage, i dont think i need it that much.

aseryen likes this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

poisoncollective.png

UPDATE 2.0
    got back to angel, since i needed heal + magic dmg. boghopper for poison charge. sixul instead of shredder cause he is going to get nerfed soon, also sixul with doublebanner has really strong stats. Also made space for pulsing globule + sacred temple combo. I still have to learn to use it, but if they dont have shatter in play is a 2 turns doom. you easily get a 40ish dmg globule. Got my hands on hypnofrog, so sorry doomball but hypno is in. I like the balance of this bg, there are a lot of hidden sinergies and plenty of utility.
    probably i will not get battlemaster 3000 with it. But i'm bad so i'm not going to get to it anyway so, lets have fun^^

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

With only one collective how often do you just never draw it?

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

beacuse is a Highlander bg so i play only one of each rune. It happens that i dont draw it immediatly, but its fine. it can also be seismed out. The bg doesnt only rely on drawing it first turn. Its just a nice addition to the poison(ish) BG.

10. Anima26

Sixul provides very valuable alt damage too. Theres a few runes floating around that are vulnerable to fire, Wandering Zombie being one of them. Sacred Temple is a great rune anyway so the synergy is an extra boon.

MaruXV likes this.