Holy Bane Shift why aren't we talking about Pokémon GO?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jul 8, 2016.

1. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Damn dude, my friend already caught up to you after one session of Egg. Tbh now I'm scared of gaining lvls now cause catching is aids.

I'm currently 40000 cp into lvl 24, and I have over 400 candy on rats and pidgeys and loads on others. With any luck after my session tonight and a lucky egg, I'll be 25. Idk tho cause like the only "real" benefit for me is higher cp on my strongest pokes with higher levels

2. MikeLin

Sitting on 1k pidgey candies, and countless others. I think I have enough evos to cover 3 hours.

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Damn, Thats the difference between 23 and 25+. Thousands of candies. My single most caught pokemon is Evee, at around 150ish. I'm probably 70k xp off from 24, but have been playing significantly less.

I think I've caught a total of about 1200 mons, and I haven't evolved anything in days as I'm banking for my next lucky egg use. (about halfway there)

What is your dex like at 27? I'm currently 103/103 and could be 107/107 with evolutions.

4. MikeLin

I told you like 5 times. Go to a place where they spam lures. And you sit in the middle of 3,4,5, or more lures and you catch all night.

5. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

So I started playing Ingress, Niantic's other game.

It's totally better than Pokemon Go

7. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I'll have to give it a try then. Will be unfortuneate it doesn't have a player base that could be near a billion one day though :p

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, GO definitely has more potential and will probably be at least as good, if not better, once they start really laying into the updates, but, for now, Ingress is a more fleshed-out game, I feel.

Also, as a rural player, I like that I'm not missing out on parts of Ingress just due to my region (there's a handful of pokemon that I've never seen in my area, like the ghosts and dratini line).

9. DrakeArron

Personally I love that some Pokemon aren't available everywhere, and actually hope they extend that future. Makes the game feel more real, and like the actual games- Done well enough, your collection could demonstrate all the places you've been around the world.
    What I would REALLY love though is it they put only one of each legendary Pokemon in the game- so that literally only one exists in the entire world, just like in the anime. And in order to get one, you would have to get to a place on earth that's insanely difficult to get to.

Like, put Kyogre at the very bottom of the Mariana Trench. Or Regigas at the top of Mount Everest. Or, if at all possible, put Deoxis on a comet or the moon. That would be amazing.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I definitely like that, too, but there needs to be actual reasons for having certain things in some places.

Right now, nearly everything can spawn in a large city, but in a small mountain town, even if I go to the river that runs through town, or to one of the nearby lakes, I see no water-types.

There needs to be a bit more nuance to it, I think.

19madfox95 and DrakeArron like this.
  11. DrakeArron

Makes sense, I didn't realize that's what you meant. Would definitely help if they could do this.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Rather than collecting Pokemon, there's just XM (exotic matter) that gets used for various tasks, like hacking portals, deploying/charging resonators, and linking portals.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Also, here's the rewards from level 31-40
    [​IMG]

14. DrakeArron

Hmmmm...
    *Trying to make sure no one is looking, Drake draws out in 2d the setup of roads in Spieky's screenshot. Soon he has something, and inputs it into a map reader to find out where in the world this road setup exists. Soon enough he will be at Spieky's household to give him a gift.. he hasn't decided yet whether it will be good or bad.*
    :p

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Not my screenshot, it's from reddit.

I'm only level 15

16. MikeLin

I went MIA for a couple days and pokevision.com and sites like it got put down by Niantic/Nintendo. Nearby pokemon radar got changed from 3 steps to no steps. Also, Vaporeon water gun got dropped from 10 to 6 r.i.p. my 300 eevee candy. God ****** bless.

@PhdNiceGuy, with the current state of things, sitting in the middle of lures is the best way to catch pokes. And if moree people are at the site, I think more crap spawns.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

All you can hear is the nintendo sounds and some light mumbling sound.

19. MikeLin

@PhdNiceGuy What meta. I was gonna go to a Dratini Nest but now pokevision down and nearby dont work. And I heard nests changed locations. #aids

I havent played since last Wednsday

20. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

My area lost the squirtle nest and dratini nest completely. Never did make it to those places either. Thankfully charmander stayed in the same spot.

I straight up have evolved 11 vaporeons, 5 flareons, and 6 jolteons and I've caught almost as many eevees as pidgeys. o_O

Oh and holy @PhdNiceGuy thats legit. Must have some awesome poke spawns out there, because alot of those are super rare in my area.

Although there are a ton of people running around town with 2k+ dragonites . . .