Hornet's Nest (KF Equip)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hornet's Nest (Version 2)
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Effect: Equipped champion gains Hive. If equipped champion is a Plant, it also gains one rank of Damage Shield: Physical and one rank of Damage Shield: Poison.
    Artwork: A large hornet's nest is situated high up on a treefolk's limb.
    Flavortext: These hornets are fierce defenders of their homes. Lucky for the Treefolk, they are their homes.
    Nora Cost: 30

KingJad likes this.
  2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I still think it ought to cost more than the relic.

3. Xirone

Wel
    Well, if the rune is made, the devs can always change the cost. :)

4. Xirone

Assuming the target nora cost is meant to be 30-35 nora, what do you think would make it acceptable?

5. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Hive is a mechanic that can't be considered an equal to other relic-kind of mechanism because the 1) the longer it survives, the more profit u reap, 2) however, its immobile.

If you equip it unto a champion, while flavorfully it makes sense and is quite cool, putting it on a champ (esp. a treefolk thats 55HP++), and can move around, its already a super super large premium by itself.

While Tinderbox is alr crazy enough at 2 spaces, Hive is acceptable since it doesn't move, and can be removed by 1-2 hits.
    In your case, the champ moves around, and the AoE is much larger (while yes, the dmg is miniscule), and is almost thrice of the HP a normal Hive would have.

If its as simple as "Equipped champion gains Hive", it should cost something like 50 nora. I look at the idea as super cool, but as strong as a super profitable equip up to par to Drive + Invig 2.

However, if you add additional clauses like "Equipped champion gains Lumbering, Hive, and loses 5 HP at the start of its turns" , then 30 nora sounds dandy. Keep in mind, losing 5HP at the start of its turns is nullified using Treefolk's Blessings' regen 3 or can be negated using Heal.

6. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I want that equippment for my little fellow trees :D

Xirone likes this.
  7. Xirone

Thanks!

KelRama likes this.