House Science Committee tweets embarrassing climate change tweet

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Dec 4, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

University? Is that what they call attending gatherings in Molnyeux's backyard these days? Well, I hope that they at least had the decency to give you a piece of paper that confirmed you did very well.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the climate has been changing every day you have been alive. proved. now all we need to do to fix it is......

DarkJello likes this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Here is a photo of my 2nd favorite professor. He will vouch for me on the Skype technology system.

[​IMG]

My favorite professor is a master in martial arts, drama, rapsta crapsta and philosophy. He will be a lot tougher to contact.

[​IMG]

I am taking this topic a lot more seriously than you are, BP. In my opinion, of course.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I wasn't going to close this thread earlier, but this kind of crap

will get it slammed shut. Please be considerate, on-topic, and avoid these kinds of personal attacks.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And here I was hoping Kalasle didn't care about the environment and wouldn't check this thread.

6. DarkJello

Wishing for my death, which BP "liked, receives no response.. but the above crossed the line? Duly noted.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Where did he wish for your death? If those things come up, you can always report them to me or a green, rather than pulling them up as a counter-measure whenever moderators step in. I haven't scanned all thirteen pages of this thread, but that last exchange between the two of you was really low.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I always wish for deaths.

I find it amusing.

9. Ragic

What about the death of reason?

DarkJello likes this.
  10. DarkJello

You personally communicated with Astamir a couple of posts below the wishing for death comments earlier this week. (Removed a sentence here).

I have received my fair share of death threats from Lefties in the last 1-2 years, so I am not surprised. Never once have I received a death threat from a libertarian or conservative or independent or tea partier or alt-right or minarchist or anarcho-capitalist or center left Democrat or objectivist or... Telling.

I mocked BP for yet another round of personal attacks against me. If I stand up for myself, some feel that I am personally attacking the individual that is being a bully. I will just ignore further personal attacks, or place the hate-filled poster on my ignore list. Fair enough?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you mean the post that was deleted two days ago for violating the CoC? I had trouble finding it in this or any other off-topic thread, because it was already in the trash.

Yes, being a jerk is not suddenly justified by someone attacking you. Standing up for your self is very different from retaliating in kind. The code of conduct for these forums requires interpretation and application, but it does not have stand your ground clauses. Any insults leveled at another player are considered insults per se, hence why Burn was equally as culpable as you for that exchange.

Whatever you think works best for making sure that your engagement with others and their engagement with you remains civil. Always feel free to contact moderators or greens about posters being rude to you or each other.

In summary, the mods of these forums are here, and are committed to doing their best; now, as a respectable citizen of this space, I implore you to do yours.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Ragic

the ratio of left to right in this forum is about 10 to 1. similar ratio of non American to American. no point in complaining about uneven moderation. they just hide behind the rules that they themselves don't follow.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

IMO, kalasle is stellar. They should double his pay. ;). He probs has different politics than I, which makes his interactions all that much more impressive. Be well my man.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Literally 0 dollars. =(

Cheers though. I think we do have very different politics, but I appreciate your positivity in person-to-person conversation.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

ragic, i know better than to think i can actually change your mind on any subject, but you do understand that in this case a warning was given for a few posts that are still part of the discussion, whereas the post that DJ was referring to i removed as soon as i saw it. sorta not the same.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Fine, quadruple it then!

17. Ragic

hmm,, youre right. i take it back. the moderation is NOT uneven. just selective.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if it wasn't, we wouldn't have political threads at all.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'd quintuple it because I am not a cheapskate.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  20. DarkJello

I did receive an odd line in my "Alerts" section. That must have been you. Much appreciated! I retract my complaint, and I will edit the post I made earlier today. Again, gracias for valid response. May your winter solstice rock!