How does antoinelut's deck work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinfoilHatTheory, Aug 19, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

but before it could literally one turn all your army + shrine. I saw that done by zeya a couple times. Now it is a big hardhitting unit that you have to consider when it is dropped, but there are some others of that kind in the game.

2. Woah this thread blew up. I just wanna say, I don't have an opinion on whether AoV is op or not.

This is by far the most unconventional deck by a high elo player. I think he gets a lot of free wins from people like me who have no idea wtf is going on.

He farmed me 4 times. I decided enough is enough, spent an hour reading through KF/SL's spells. I have adjusted my deck. And hopefully have somewhat of an answer to his deck. Next time I meet him. I will report back and let you guys know if I'm still his, atm Maleficia.

MaruXV likes this.
  3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

there are some decks that play around weird or really specific interactions and that are hard to counter if you dont know them. You should be aware of:

1 KF/SP super rush,with solitary garu and hurler, stealthed and one turning your shrine. but a couple of nerfs should have limited its effectivenes.
    play vs it: find his stealthed rushers. once you stopped them (he would have at max 2 or 3), he is completely without resources to stop you.

2. SL/KF or SL/ST superchamp builds a unic champ (AoV or draksar lord or similar) and makes it uberpowerful and invincible(almost).
    play vs it: dispel, block his path, rush the shrine.

3. UD/FW ethereal pool : uses ethereal pool /spell trap/redcap twins to damage indirectly your shrine, while stalling the game as long as possible with spells like doom, banish, and non champion-unit producing relics like corpseapult and corpsepile.
    play vs it: get a lot of champions together ( every champion drops the health of ethereal pool by 1/4, and when it is destroyed you stop getting dmg from it), or play just a few champs and rush his shrine. avoid playing spells after 4-5 turns of play because you get punished by spelltrap.

4. UD/FS leviathan spellsong: drops a champions who easily charges up like stitched librarian or tremir, gets 20charges, drop leviathan, sea song, 40+ fire dmg to all your units. clear board, restart charging, repeat. comboish deck
    play vs it: play around the board clear, dont drop too many units at 1 time, try to rush, try to keep distracted the leviathan, or destroy the chargers before he can sea song. if you have some way to get fire immunity, do it, it will force him to get near to play cauldrons.

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I was just wondering if this combo should be broken somehow when i suggested Warding.

It seems like it takes very little set up and risk for what can be a huge pay off. What makes that worse is that the cost of actually killing it can be too much and if you fail to do so then it's usually game over.

I just don't think one rune with a couple of spells behind it should have that much influence on a game.