How in the world is the stealth relic bug still NOT fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jan 13, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This thing is gamebreaking beyond belief. If a relic is destroyed from stealth, it leaves the relic there blocking everything off for the opponent and you're unable to attack or remove it.

How in the world has this bug been around for over a year now and still hasn't been addressed?? It's such an impactful bug, it just shouldn't be allowed to be in the game. If you can't fix it, disable every champ that puts down stealthed relics. I honestly don't care. I had a couple just now in a game vs salamans, which required me to play completely different because I couldn't move my champs through one side of the midfont on elemental plateau. Like come on.

Seriously @Senshu @Sokolov

fix this or put it on a blacklist, it's unacceptable that this is still around after all this time

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Agreed

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

saw that game. WP

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Unfortunately this is a case by case occurance. Also, a lot of this is due to old code and in some cases it may take a full rewrite of the game code to fix. We are working on narrowing down the specific problem areas, but this ties in a lot deeper than just a simple fix.

It is something we want to fix as much as all of you want to see fixed, but we also don't want to make it worse by slapping something together that breaks several other things.

Vorian and DarkJello like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

and you couldn't make any significant progress in 6 months?

Then get rid of the stealth relic mechanic, i don't give a skeezick. This bug is so damn gamebreaking. Effort is not on this topic, I'm sorry. Sort it out or remove it from the game.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We have actually fixed most of them that I know of. Which ones are not fixed?

Summoned: Flashbang is a known issue that is being worked on, which we aren't sure of at this time why it is still a problem when the relic Flashbang was already fixed so that one is kind of new.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

flashbang - salamans

9. Sokolov

Yea, that's the only one I know of, and it's an edge case because fixing the real one should have fixed the fake one, since the only difference is that one gets "Summoned" appended to it on deploy.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Minefield relics destroyed by a Magnetize; happen to me three days ago. Probably the problem is wide deeper...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I think this still happens with Flashbang and minefield summon versions

12. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I'm all for making deployed flashbang a real relic - this should fix the problem... huzzah!

;)

13. Sokolov

I'll check on summoned mines from Minefield. As stated, the problem has to be fixed individually per relic that exhibits this problem, unfortunately.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nah nerf salamangs

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Still exists with land mines from skeezick machinist when I used magnetize and it was destroyed while stealthed

@Sokolov

smh

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

We'll get to that soontm, fist though, we have coffee meeting with the council on how to rapidly increase the aforementioned underlying cause of things yet undiscovered.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

What kind of coffee? Some are so tasty and next level epic.

18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Oh, that's only for council members that have the Platinum Card. Diamond Card members get to have the coffee in a mug, not a good mug, but it's better than trying to hold hot coffee in one's hands.

Tweek516 and DarkJello like this.
  19. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

@Senshu
    Fun fact: it might be magnetize's problem, not the stealth relics. I've had the same issue with magnetize/stealth relic several times.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

ive seen it with reclaim too