How to counter Ke'ento with blizzard cloak.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceHippo, Mar 28, 2014.

1. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I'm looking for suggestions on how to counter Ke'ento with blizzard cloak as I just lost a game pretty much singularly because of her. You can't attack her without taking 3x free attacks. I generally run KF beasts, a KF/IS beast hybrid, or a FS/KF poison and while poison can handle her OK, the other two just get rolled... I've thought about maybe using protection to absorb the first two riposte/ arrow throws but I'd still have to absorb two more to get through the block/dodge and the last hit on cloak. So, I'm looking at needing 5 attacks to even make a dent with a minimum of two of which are deflected... I suppose righteous deflection may work too on the arrow throws, I haven't tested that yet. Does anyone have any advice/ know if righteous deflection works as it seems that it possibly would be the only efficient solution I'd have available?

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

RD should work really well; other options would be mutiple units with dodge/elusive (or does she have precision?), little, expendable champs (feeding frenzy would be perfect if anyone was nutty enough to run it, bleh)

3. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

Glad to hear that RD works, I wish I'd thought of that in game... Ah well, next time.

4. Boozha

I'm not 100% sure though, don't bet your house on it. It should for all I know.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

In your IS version, you could run a Blink to remove her. Just make sure Snowblind isn't up first. In FF KF, Vortex does a similar job, but again watch for Snowblind. Other than that, you can use Mark of Redemption in IS to give one of your units Precision. This will get around both Blizzard Cloak and Block/Dodge. Platinum Wing with Precision does the same. In FF KF, there's always Bowmage, who has both Precision for himself and Imbue Stun for your other units, but he's a bit out of place in Beast decks.

6. only

only Active Member

Stun(ned) doesn't help against Blizzard Cloak.

7. Boozha

In FS, PMS would at least get rid of the blizzard cloak, if murderously expensively so. Flood + Fumes or Augur KB + Fumes might be more reasonable. Precision, sadly, is hard to come by.

8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

In FS I use a Salaman Hunter, taking damage and Precision as upgrades. That's generally my answer to "Can't touch this" champs.

9. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

Fumes and aoe poison spam has done the job well enough for me in FS. I didn't think about precision. I think between that and RD I should be OK in the KF/IS BG, still very worried in the FF KF though. Vortex is nice, but it only delays the problem except on some of the larger maps... Wish I could run Bow Mage or Trickster in my beast BG, I suppose adding a murder wouldn't be unreasonable, though I hate to add something so situational.

10. only

only Active Member

Precision and Strike in one isn't that situational, actually.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

Yes, you're right strike does add some nice bonuses, though I wish my KF beast utilized charges, ah well. Thanks for the quick replies everyone, I think I'm ready for Ke'ento now :)

12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

QFT.

Karmavore likes this.
  13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you can pacify her and attack or use divert and/or deflect. Premonition is a hard counter also, deploy a sage or replicate a slag and you are free to attack and eat the cloak

14. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

You cant. Just surrender or wait till she wrecks you.

15. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dispel or precision is your friend. I dont play kf so dont know the options for these. You will need to 1 turn kento if you use dispel. Not difficult without dodge/block up.

16. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Cleansing Flame or bust.

17. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh yeah flamemage has it. There's your counter. Doesn't really fit your theme though :/
    Scissors meet rock :D

18. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

use precision champ :D and purge

19. stfn

stfn Member

Surrender.

20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

FS counters to counter attack spam I use are gloomwater or mindwarp frog's blind. If your opponent persists in spamming cheesey garbage on a champ like Kento just drown the damn thing and be done with it.