I miss MercerSkye

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Mar 23, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

among other old FW players.
    Who do you miss from out old FW players?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Mercer was always a cool guy. :(

KingWillie gets props for playing/pioneering the Chop deck before it was ever popular, and despite his occasional hostile and zealous nature, he really did know FW. LordSerkan was fun to watch play, and his insights into early FW strategy were very helpful. Kaladona gets a nod as well; he ignited my love for the cheap meat theme, and more specifically my love for Broken Bones. His decks were exactly what I thought FW should aspire to be, and shaped my view of what it means to play FW from an early time. Xarios is a more recent addition to my list, but his guides are unparalleled and very in-depth; they are a great resource for new players, and really showcase his knowledge of the faction.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Daner

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Daner04, I wonder where his QoL thread went to. Would be interesting to revisit that again.

5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

• ThePlumber: he used to take lots of champs and create bg with themes that nobody else would try to run at the time. I think he pioneered the ap denial theme through a weird bg based on sapping blow and energy thief, with shadestalker (energy thief) and deadwood strider among other runes as the cornerstone. Though, he also had bad moments like defending the corpse collection spell as a gem in the rough.
    • Dezhem: This guy. Blame him for me being here. He posted and explained how a curse bg works, and described the role champions like executioner, anthropomancer and so on play in said theme. It wasn't as much about beating into unconsciousness the opponent, as harass and debuff the opponent, disrupting his pace and imposing yours. I fell in love with the theme, and I play witches if anything because they are the closest to said theme.
    • Kaldona: Single handle turn the shoebox joke broken bones into top tier meta run with his cheap meat bg. Plenty of people have said how awesome he was, so I think there is little I could add.
    • Krebmart: Nuff said!

6. BansheeX

I´ll ask Poul if he has a copy of it somewhere when I talk to him later this week.

7. BansheeX

I miss him as well. Has anyone told him we have new owners with the will to do right by Pox?

8. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I literally choked up a bit. (Sincerely and completely truthfully there)

I'm not gone. If anything, just a touch errant. Life is pretty crazy at the moment. Trying to get this school term done. Trying to self publish a novel, and a myriad number of things that I'm locked behind a non-disclosure from talking about (Other than the weird I can say I'm behind a non-disclosure, and have a weird compulsion to exploit that one tiny freedom as much as possible)

I miss all of you, and hopefully I'll be able to dust off my shambling hordes and crush some skulls alongside you guys in the near future (And desperately hope it's not a fleeting dream of any sort).

Long unlive the wastes.

-Oh, and for those that would never see this; King Willie and others, I miss those guys too :(

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

So many good old names *single tear*

10. BansheeX

Poul sends his regards to you KTCAOP.
    Here is an old worddocument he had. It is not edited and he said it was copypasted from long ago.

1. New forum, new QoL list.
      Hi guys and gals

With the relaunch of Pox Nora the original †Quality of Life wishlist†-thread became a little outdated, so I went over it and has made a new list. (It is in post following this one)

The new list is offcourse supposed to be used in the same manner as the old one. Come with your input, but please remeber that it is all about QoL. It is NOT to be used for balance issues.

The new list has alot of the old stuff on it, but some of it has been weeded out. Some of them no longer made sense in the new system (I.E: Anything to do with the Shoebox, since it no longer exists)
      Now it´s time to substantiate it some more. Thats where you guys come in

Support the thread and come with your own QoL issues, and I´ll add them to the list
      If I missed something that you think is vital to the list, all you have to do is speak up and I´ll make sure it´s added
      For ease of use to the Greens (and reading for everyone) I have divided the list into categories.

Just to show people that it pays off to concolidate this and ask for changes in a positive spirit, I have included a list of the changes that has allready been made/included in Pox2.0 wich were all listed on the original.
      I´ll update the list as the Greens continue to fullfill our wishes

1. Turn Counter has been added.

2. Unactive Tabs (Guild/Lobby) flashes when someone talks in it to make you notice it.

3. A Remember me was added to the Mainpage, saving you the time to type in Username and Password every time you visit Poxnora.com (Next up is getting the bugs with it fixed I hope)

4. Runes can now be sorted according to Race, Type, Class, etc. in the Rune Manager.

5. The chat tab blinking has been adjusted. The Guild tab will not blink for incoming tells unless you are in Guild and it is minimized and selected.

6. When selecting upgrades for a rune, make the selected one/ones much more obviously highlighted.

7. Make payment via phone possible.
      8. () and/ can be used in the names of a BG.
      9. "Build in calculator" added for matches.
      10. DC protection has been added.
      11. Automated Tournement lobby added
      12. Movement of Fireeaters was speeded up
      13. Drafttournement was introduced
      14. Emails to registred players has been returned
      15. Rank Icon was changed
      16. 2v2 was added to the game

2. Top 5 QoL items to be added with reasoning as to why:(in random order)
      The items below is choosen based on tht they should be relatively easy to implement, and that they have been on the list from the very beginning. It is allso items that keep cropping up as new topics in the forum.

1. Return nametokens and make names visible to the opponent.
      Most of the coding for this allready exist and a languagefilter is pretty easy to install. It would add a tangiable reward to singleplayergames and people would have fun with witty names. By making it an option that is default off to see enemy names it wont harm anyone. It would allso open a potential revenue by letting you sell namechange tokens.
      2. Reinstate Taunts
      More or less same argumentation as above. most of the code exist, its harmless fun and again revenue could be generated by selling taunttokens. Make a competetion for new taunts to be added.
      3. Display icons in the lobby, on games in progress, that shows what factions the players are using in the match.
      It would be a huge boon, especially to new players, to be able to locate matches that are interesting for them to spectate. They would be able to search out matches of their favourite factions and watch/learn from it.
      4. Add countdown for DoT, Intensify, Ammunition and Shortlived.
      It would make things easier to calculate, especially for new players. Not having to remeber the individual small, changing numbers would be a great boon for new players.
      5. Posibilty to sort matches played by Opponent
      Allmost everything else is possible to sort by. Why not his? It would be very nice to be able to keep score of your "grudge" matches.