If you can find the time.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Aug 21, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Or decent balance patches in a year.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You omitted AlphaPsA in your chronological outlays. You not like him? I thought he was super studdly.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

There are some ridiculously selective memories going on here, balance has been much worse than it is now and things way more OP than trees were have been ignored for longer

I think a lot of the rabbling is due to the perception of a captainless ship rather than balance issues themselves.

People want their father figure who they can trust has a higher plan, and so they tolerate any issues that emerge. Take that away and suddenly the sky is falling because collosal boa is too tanky.

I also think any comparison with either corpse and sok eras should bear in mind that the world was a different place then, both in terms of yechnology, competition, and for us individuals personallu, and the game wasn't coming from a state of near death.

Dagda, Sealer0, Boozha and 3 others like this.
  4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Your post should be in the majority of the threads in this forum.

Dagda, Sealer0 and BroWatchThis like this.
  5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Funny... I'm getting the new 2015 Mustang GT PP soon. Just waiting for my order to arrive.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sure we had yeti incidents, etc. It wasn't pretty. But at least it got adressed and the devs had a clue. From ability pricing to rendsplashing, the devs have absolutely no clue about balance.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I wonder when you will stop trying ...

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yup, you know it's a bad idea...but it feels good. aka buying power-creeped runes.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Once people like you will stop living in a fantasy world, so probably never.

10. BroWatchThis

In regards to the Mustang, I see it nothing short of a fantastic idea. In regards to power creeped runes, since the revamp, the overlooked runes make this the worst age of powercreep, so I for one feel terrible playing power creeped things now more than ever. It just contributes the eventual downfall of this game.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- The point was talking about a particular era that people romanticize in pox and how it relates to the current situation we are in. The design space was ate up like a fat kid at a buffet with no regard to the future ramifications... not fair to judge devs now as compared to then is the summation.

12. badgerale

Trees seem like they've been addressed to me. Interesting also that ability costs have always always been messed up, and that it's only now that a serious attempt to address the wonky costs used by previous devs is made- which paradoxically gets gedden flak.

The difference is that previously the players couldn't see how messed up ability costs were, whereas now it's exposed -- again it's perception over reality. (actually not sure on this last point - were the ability costs knowable somehow?)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Sealer0 and Thbigchief like this.
  13. BroWatchThis

Agreed.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It only took one months and a bunch of collateral nerfs. When is the rest getting nerfed? 1 month per broken theme?

And if CorpsE ever though rock eater < imm phys or warcry theme < warcry, I'll never mention any of this again. Doubt CorpsE failed to do the most basic of thinking though.

15. badgerale

As the most basic of thinking would tell you, Gedden didn't write those ability costs, so I don't know why you're blaming him for it.

And what are these other broken themes you want nerfed?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What's stopping him from changing it in his revamp?

Still not addressing ST beasts, unless that +nora on turtle brought them in line of course.

17. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Probably stuff like boost beasts and...

Collosal boa?

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Called it!

19. badgerale

I guess time, the need to consider how ability cost changes would effect different runes, and a long list of other priorities - such as the nux and the forthcoming steam release. That said, ability costs are being looked at.

I can't comment on ST beasts as I haven't seen almost nothing of them.

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

So about a hundred years ago, please, go with the times already.