Illusions, how the %#$@ do they work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

So I cast Blinding Reflection on my Strig Galerider and the Illusions have Flight and Zephyr Shield but not Tailwind (or anything else except arctic). How is that stuff determined?

2. Authyrtyr

Oh, and hey the other one has attack: physical and gale for 0 AP which don't do anything.

3. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Illusions are not real and have no impact other then relic placement and blocking pathing; No spell presence, to the opponent they appear identical to the real champion. (surge abilties give away the real one though)

4. Authyrtyr

But they're appearing with various abilities to me though when I control them... Mine are proccing zephyr shield, they get the neat wind animation around themselves and can dodge an attack or two off of it.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, sometimes Illusions gain odd abilities. I think it was fixed but I distinctly remember some Illusions that had Immunity: Fire and, sure enough, when they were hit with a fire based spell, they didn't die.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

how can you kill wich is not real?

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Illusions count towards surge abilities,they pick up globes, they place relic's, they engage champs, they waste your opponent's ap. Basically they do everything but attack and they don't have spell presence i honestly think they are very very broken they are free and do everything a champ does almost.

8. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I think we can all agree that Illusions shouldn't trigger surge & that they shouldn't be able to place relics.

super71 likes this.
  9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Uh, no. We can't all agree to that. Illusions are already pretty useless as it is. The ability to pick up globes and drop relics is inconsequential due to how easily they are gotten rid of. Literally ANYTHING used on an illusion will kill it. Surge is another matter though, and I tend to think that since illusions are not real, they shouldn't have a race/class to count towards things like Surge. It would be like saying "My reflection in that mirror is a mule farmer, same as me". But it wouldn't be, because a reflection doesn't exist the way a person exists.

RedScarlet likes this.
  10. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

This is pretty much how I feel, they should be able to pick up globes and place relics, but not trigger surge (or really do anything else).

11. Authyrtyr

I don't think they should be able to place relics but I'm fine with everything else. I just think it's weird how strange abilities get on there. Amusingly, the illusions also trigger galerider's bravery.

12. only

only Active Member

illusions simply have no consistency. it's like that rune Blinding Reflection you're using. it's like the strongest cleanse, but the weakest redeploy at the same time. it will cleanse Pacify, but it won't work for redeploy abilities except Declare Hunted. what rule(s) could be applied here? none.

the same follows for various nora generation sources. sometimes it's nora gain, sometimes it's refund, sometimes it's generation and you're left wondering it's just poor wording or these effects do really happen to have differences.

it means that this is the scenario of "the less is the more". all such things should be revisited and have set very strong rules applied to all for them with no exceptions.

for instance, everything outside shrine/font should be considered nora generation. simple as that. when you follow very strict restrictions, you will open more design space in general with even less interactions/runes/mechanics. everything should be very intuitive and simple.

13. Authyrtyr

Actually, Blinding Reflection also triggers Boon of the Wind and conveniently resets the attack chain.

14. only

only Active Member

I didn't know about Boon of the Wind! I guess there are more effects, which would be triggered by BR.

15. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

nopeeeeeeeeee
    They pop when targeted. How is that overpowered.

Also stop trying to nerf my ghern + spell charged + moga decoy spam deck.

RedScarlet likes this.
  16. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i agree with the surge......but not the placing of relics. there should be some benefit to having illusions out and placing relics is a small benefit.

the only other benefit to having them would be simply annoying the opponent which isnt that great of a benefit.

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Illusions being able to place relic's makes no sense whatsoever. Illusions being able to pick up globes is enough for me to use them and any half decent player. Illusions literally do everything that champs do except attack and contest font's. How can a unit that doesn't exist place a relic? And illusions annoying your opponent making them waste abilities or ap to get rid of them is also a huge advantage.

18. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Illusions trigger knockback damage without dying...

19. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Tons of things in pox dont make sense.......noone ever said it made sense....that irrelevant....the question is "is the ability to do this balanced" or is it so strong that it makes it unfun to play against........ur right about picking up globes.......thats a good benefit of illusion......i dont think engaging enemies is a HUGE benefit tho......its the smallest and benefit on the benefit list......therefore it cant really be categorized as a huge benefit. if they didnt do that then honestly they wouldnt do anything.....theyd be pointless.....so basically illusions can engage enemies, place relics, and grab globes..........i think engaging enemies is the least on that list......surge for example is definetly ridiculous tho......and should be fixed. anyways i agree some things such as placing relics or grabbing globes dont make sense......however i dont think theyre overwhelmingly strong.

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think surge is fine, within limits, but placing relics is a bit much. It gives too much contesting power.