improving UD wishlist thread

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by chickenpox2, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Bok Gatekeeper should've gotten inspire.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

im only asking for some kind of anti- AOE cause they got nothing to protect them from spell spamming
    it terms of spell spamming alot of UD spells are too expensive cause damage is high and wasting nora on spells can sometimes cost you
    especially that ud have not much nora gaining benefits other than sacrifice retribution and scorched dwarf (so for ud u need to be extra careful when you need to spellspam)

3. chickenpox2

i agree with kaiser but it seems like cave runner has been shoe boxed since they nerfed her dmg and fire bomb and added tunnel trap i hardly see that many people use her in meta or even regular demon bgs

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

UD seems like it is out of sync with the rest of the game. At some level, every other faction relies on powerful range to do the work while melee holds the line. That play-style hurts UD more than any other (cause of the faction bonus and because UD has fewer super-champs with long range). There are (only) a few solutions to this: (1) give UD long range champs (against flavor); (2) give UD gap closing abilities so UD melee can be effective; (3) give UD melee defensive abilities against range; and (4) give UD a variety of global abilities and punish range and encourage melee with a tempo hit. I don't know what the right solution is--but there has to be some recognition of the inherent imbalance between a melee focused faction in a ranged dominated game. ---Subject to change on Th.

5. chickenpox2

finally some who agrees that SOE has not been kind to UD in last 2 years they could have made better runes to fit racial or type bgs

6. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

When I played I used relocation like crazy, along with font stalling tactics and a bit of stealth. I managed top 5 with this and I didn't even run Demon Shield(I hadn't for a year), or Orb (Only played in Fire, since back-to-back nerfs), I don't think things have changed that much, there've been no new runes since then, and only a singular significant patch.

I'll agree with you as far that it's important for the Devs to pay mind to the faction's weakness and strengths, and designing accordingly; steering away from the homogenizing build and helping them do what they do best, get in your face. The thing is though, this has been the case e.g Units like Nightfall Spiders or Minotaurs, an entire theme that can reposition units at will.

I don't think it's at all fair to say UD was given the short end of the stick. I couldn't possibly, it's an affront to the great work Sokobro did.

SPiEkY likes this.