Instakills are getting removed, except...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Nov 12, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Oh. I wouldn't call it the best insta-kill then. You basically need to abuse the countdown reset bug and build an entire shrine rush deck around it to consistently win with it.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Just educating people on what he was talking about

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@Elric Just played against limone 1981, I deploy a problematic champ turn 1, turn 3 I give him an equip, turn 4 my champ is vertical pushed for 20 damage. I lose the equip, and take 20 damage on return, i'm already out 35 nora, he's almost even and did 20 damage. Finishes my champ because he only had 26 health left, he takes font. That my friend is 132 nora swing for a 55 nora spell.

I don't think ayou seem to understand the power of removing a champ from play, look at some spells and abilities that remove a champ from play.

Vertical push
    blink
    vortex
    divinity's touch
    instill panic
    banish
    swallow whole

It's no coincidence that all of these spells and abilities have been nerfed at one point or another. The power doesn't lie in the nora cost, or the setup, the power lies in the utility, and positioning. Pox has always been a game of positioning more than anything else, that's why the great players are so good and that's why relocation effects, and removal from play effects are still the strongest in the game.

Alakhami likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

If you know you're vs SP, why are you:
    1. Powering-up a single champ
    2. running with nothing to back him up in case VP gets used
    3. Deploying nothing else to ensure VP doesn't just doom you?

Btw instill panic doesn't redeploy anymore to my knowledge. Vortex isn't a redeploy effect either, it's a relocate effect.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

As far as I know it never has.

6. Ballballer

You just made me swallow my gum due to laughter

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Why you gotta be a spoil sport, you ruin all my fun.

8. Ballballer

Who are you?

9. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Totally forgot about this instakill. Not that anyone even runs it as it puts a turn limit on your game.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This one time I ran my 90 Nora champ into a font, equipped it with a 50 Nora equip and my opponent just hit it with his champs until it died. Didn't even need to use a spell!

That's 140 Nora's worth for zero Nora!

Nerf the other guys stuff it's OP as Firk.

Tweek516, Alakhami, Kampel and 4 others like this.
  11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Im fine with it. There are a million suggestions about the rework of drown. Cast on dry land enemy it takes X damage and is surrounded by water.... Cast on enemy occupying water space enemy champion is put on X CD and half the nora is refunded on the enemy champion's owner next turn.

12. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

What if drown was changed so the champion had to be occupying water at the start of the turn, so the opponent at least has some hope of avoiding it? In other words, they can't just use a tidal wave and immediately drown.

13. Etherielin

It's already a minimum of 100 nora investment. Why do you want to nerf it further?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Minimum it is an 80 nora investment.

15. Etherielin

Disagreed - since there's no 0 nora watergen in the game and the cheapest water gen relic I can think of is at least 25 nora, it's a minimum of 100 nora.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Relics aren't the only sources of water. Water front, trail water, etc are cheaper than 20.

17. Etherielin

They all come from champions, which are investments on their own.

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Agreed, but worst case scenario you're only using the ability that generated water for drown, in which case the full cost of the ability is factored towards the cost of drown. The rest of the champ cost is ignored since that is used as a champ, not towards drown.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Drown is FS' only hope to kill superchamps for the most part. Give us something else and I'll be happy to part with that crutch

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Cough pygmy hippo stampede cough psychic blast cough