Iran > "Dipshizz" P5+1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Jul 14, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

It seems like you misunderstand the meaning of nearly every word in that sentence... cause if serious, way too much utopianism mate.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

What are you on about. If anyone is not understanding anything here it seems to be Ragic, closely followed by you. "Utopianism", what the f***.

3. DarkJello

Exactly!! :cool:

You continue to declare that anyone suspicious of the motives of the tyrants running Iran is mentally deficient. Study history. Gain some cynicism.

4. Boozha

No. I don't. Why are you so woefully unable to understand the simple sentences I construct.

5. DarkJello

Ragic said:
    so would Iran. that's why they want nukes

Boozha replied:
    Gotta enjoy the trailer trash with their baseless warmongering.

DarkJello said:
    You continue to declare that anyone suspicious of the motives of the tyrants running Iran is mentally deficient. Study history. Gain some cynicism.

Boozha replied:
    No. I don't. Why are you so woefully unable to understand the simple sentences I construct.

What is the point of calling Ragic "trailer trash" and guilty of "baseless warmongering" then? I am cynical of politicians, including Iranians. Ball in your court now.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I dunno, you could argue that thinking that European/Western colonialism is the source of the worlds problems (which i realise you aren't saying) is itself an imperialistic viewpoint -- that only the west is important enough to be able to Firk stuff up. I suspect they'd be quite successful in Firking themselves up in different ways.

In the case of the Middle East, if there was no European influence after WW2 there would be a power vacuum left by the Ottoman empire that could have led to even more conflict and ethnic and religious nastiness.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Quick correction/supplemental information:

The Ottoman Empire was dissolved following The Great War (WW1), not WW2.

8. badgerale

Sorry, I meant ww1

9. Boozha

What is the basis of calling someone a warmonger who implies that another country, which a decent part of the country of the person in question wants to attack, has intentions to mass murder other people? Probably fairy sprinkles.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Oh, I am sure there'd be other problems if things had worked out differently, and I am interested in what the world might have looked at.

In general, I am pretty interested in alternative history.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

speculating on an alternative history is fine (I do that for pox constantly).
    Some around here though seem to be living in an alternative present (willfully ignoring the lessons of history).

12. Sokolov

Such as how Israel has been warmongering in the Middle East for awhile making accusations against just about everybody?

That's not to say the others are innocent and we should definitely be skeptical of this deal with Iran, but people in government have, in the past, seemed to be awfully willing to just follow along with whatever Israel wants, despite evidence that Netanyahu basically lies.

heroics likes this.
  13. Boozha

Well, at least you have self awareness.

14. badgerale

Israel is interesting because in most ways it is a western colony made at a time when there was no taste for colonialism.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Israel is interesting in a lot of ways. Its unhealthy relationship with the US even more so.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  16. DarkJello

I have said my piece on this matter. This last page has convinced me to move on. Just wow! Best 'o luck to all.

17. Sokolov

And, surprise, surprise, most other nations in the region don't like Israel and how its existence has dictated Western foreign policy since its inception. Shocking.

Relatedly, as a Hong Kong Chinese, I don't share necessarily a lot of the cynicism about the US that Mainland Chinese do, but I am familiar with the feeling that most mainlanders have about the US being a bully and a tyrant.

I do sympathize with a lot of how they feel in the sense that it's understandable. The sentiment had kind of faded in the background for awhile, but recently resurged with the bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade, which the US claimed was an accident. But there's evidence and testimony that suggests the Embassy was temporarily removed from a list of prohibited targets (or the CIA lied about not seeing it on the list). The US also seemed to change is story, first citing that it was an error due to an "old map" and then later blaming the unusual street configuration in the area. In neither case was any explanation offered as to why an office building was described as a "warehouse."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you know he was joking, or was he?

19. Sokolov

Boozha likes this.
  20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

DarkJello likes this.