Ironfist Stronghold in a nutshell:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garr123, May 18, 2015.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

sure, i'll just 1v1 that bouncer in my font

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I wont say rekt because I like JaceDragon.
    But yeah.

DarkJello and JellyBerry like this.
  3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Mindslicer boomerang does 21 to IS and gives defenseless against UD... for 35 nora...
    2x maddening echoes still wins the game for UD half the time if a player isn't paying attention, cost 70 nora for two of them.
    Shadow shank is 74 nora... he is a instakill that gives major advantage if a dusk creepr is out to give you both his globe and the 80+ champion he murders only to come back 4-5 rounds later.

Geomancer, a rune in cheap meat meta destruction rune who always had swap and calcify(and also had 58 hp back then as well) is suddenly broken because he was made cheaper, the maps are poorly designed, and because half the player base is noob already.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, it is just the damage potential of shockwave that is the problem. It was designed poorly and shouldn't be able to do as much damage as it does. Just because it wasn't commonly in use doesn't mean it wasn't always broken in design. None of the runes you mentioned are similiar to geomancer or have as much power as shockwave.

I just used geomancer to get rank #2 without much effort and I don't even use the rune much.(IS is very strong...)

5. Anotherblackman

You may not be able to stop a geomancer at all times, cause of his OMG +10 ap because of support(however he holds a front line with that anyways) But you can certain position to nullify the possibility of OPTIMAL DAMAGE DEALT every game, easily.

No one knows how to bait geomancers .

6. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I hate to agree with mw24, but that shockwave is doing ~450 damage in that isn't anywhere near it's maximum. My favorite part is the poor little Priest of Valdac who isn't close to the epicenter and still almost got hit for nearly 100% of his life. There's nothing else in the game that can do anywhere near that sort of damage in that sort of AoE.

It's an ability that forces your opponent to space out so drastically as to be unable to use his champions in a coordinated fashion or immediately lose the game, especially when combined with the number if relocation and AP gen abilities available.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Beasts for life likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think shockwave should be nerfed and the power from it should be redistributed into other areas of the rune. With a weaker shockwave it could have higher damage for example or buffs to other areas to keep it strong and competitive but preventing it from wiping boards instantly...

8. Anotherblackman

And what is geomancer? the epitome of a power house solo champion? guy has 8 damage base and lava space for damage and shock wave along with calcify)or ressit physical 3, which is my only gripe for him tbh).

I can think of like 8 champions cheaper than him that can hold a middle font Way harder than him. He might clear it, but stalemates are where geomancer shines, if you never let him capitalize and continue to wear them out little by little (yes I know its IS bruh we got healing deal with it) then it will COME DOWN to Shockwave of GG, at that point, just play smart, relaxed and don't over extend 4 guys in 4 spaces from 5 spaces out or give him no ways of getting him in the epicenter of your stuff.

9. Garr123

The entire reason it was a stalemate is because the Barb player was trying to space out and avoid Geomancer, but Grintmaw and Gravity Flux had other ideas.

I don't think it's OK for 7 champ to go from 100-0 due to one ability. Trying to compare it to Maddening Echoes is disingenious; I hate Maddening Echoes, but it has a small AoE that requires your opponent pack into a 2x2 to get decent damage and also damages friendlies. Shockwave does echoes max damage on a couple of champs and has a much larger potential AoE.

It is an I Win button in the clearest sense.

claydude5 likes this.
  10. Anotherblackman

I could get with this, but I would rather the damage be based upon rune cost:

<60+ summons 10
    60-70 9
    70+ 8 damage

This would keep the core of his design powerful against his target niche, cheap champion and summon spam, yet reduce his strip armor potential by 35% if not 40 on people who are paying for decks these days

That be complicated and more smart to do than to butcher a long standing runes only gimmick(cause thats what it is a gimmick) only because people dislike the strategy it forces people to play.

Shrine rush bg's force me not to scry, yet defend with everything I have tot he BEST of my ability, nerf shrine decks.

FW as a faction prevents me from relying on champions with long lifetimes cause vs FW its literally death around the corner at any time. Nerf FW spot removal.

UD stealth decks often run F.R. to dismantle the only thing that can stop them. nerf F.r.

IS has a rune that prevents you from flooding our front lines with a bunch of HP meat shields to block our melee's advance. nerf geomancer.

11. Garr123

Geomancer doesn't prevent "front lines" it prevent things from being anywhere close to 5 spaces next to each other. You're basically not allowed to use your units together unless you want them all to die in one turn. If you're genuinely trying to compare Shockwave to Bane Shift like Doom or Essence Drain, I dunno what to tell you -- IS has Blink which is a better spell and has allowed me to instantly win a games more times than I can count?

Shockwave instantly kills multiple champs, and can effectively do Essence Drain levels of damage in an AoE with a few champs in range.

I mean, I've hear the word "Zealot" thrown around a lot, but this is the first time I've ever really seen it.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Welcome to zealotry tour, jabjab will be your guide.

JellyBerry, Pedeguerra and Netherzen like this.
  13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I'm not saying that with our current spell set (because i think this is the real problem) geo isn't a GREAT and POWERFULL include, in top of what warfoot said i was just answer at his 2 point.

But still, the real way to play vs tank like bouncer, is to play around them. I ever killed a krikwing alpha or a colossal boa, or a nefari guardian, ever.

p.s. @Pedeguerra likes me :oops:

Pedeguerra likes this.
  14. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Or just firking give him pariah.

15. Garr123

Just to extrapolate: Blink not only wins 1v1 font contests better than anything, but also functions as a full heal and I'm pretty sure an anti-equip. It even removes the dreaded Doom in 1 turn.

It is truly the Cadillac of spells.

(But IS sucks, FW OP.)

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Poison cloud was nerfed to apply half the damage when a champion is pushed through the cloud . Why is shockwave left the way it is? Apply the same mindset you used to nerf poison cloud to shockwave. Halve the damage applied for each wave. After you change it watch it in action if its still ridiculous decrease it again. Seems like every time I watch a shockwave go off I go and check the company name of the game and make sure I am not in some twilight zone where nothing has been changed and SOE is still in charge. Even at half the damage/wave Shockwave will still be effective. I know I can still make poison cloud work for me even after the nerf.

mw24 likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It hasn't been changed because it is IS and working as intended. OP is the IS faction bonus. You ever seen shockwave on a transfigured avatar? Lol.

18. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure that having -20 nora on DK when most other runes got +10-20 counts as "exact same kit".

19. Anotherblackman

Cut the exaggeration already, god your types are the reason why Bane Shift in the game is decimated when patches come through. If you showed marytr the same enthusiasm as you are showing this(seriously your screen shooting the case example of not properly spacing to prove a point in a game I watched too. I seen my guild mates mistakes the moment he was making them. IT HAPPENS.)

So since maytr didn't lose soul sift or disease break or go to 70 nora for being a initiative 2 rotting blows tank courtesy of FW zealotry , SL skeezick general ain't lose scale armor and SL getting tough (2-3) on champions(like bonus doesn't already make it a hassle to kill Bane Shift) courtesy of people like burnpyro, and Nefari gaurdian+ manslayer being the rush tactic of UD courtesy of the Developers making 35 damage beaters...

No... you cannot haz my geomancer

I can tell from half this thread and half the people in it(the usual nerf this crew) that while in some cases it might be extra powerful cause of map(like the SL map. prime example. you WILL eat a shockwave there) deck archtypes( vs moga) it can't be used on a stalemate vs a KF player who has 13 ap units and a wall of range.

20. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

warding