Ironfist Stronghold in a nutshell:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garr123, May 18, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Anyway, in all seriousness, I answered a specific post in a design discussion and corrected a factual error. In the same post, I said we'd be probably nerfing what was being discussed.

I am not sure why you decided to start attacking me for not being "transparent" or not admitting mistakes from there. If you read my posts, you will find I spend a great deal of time explaining and discussing things with players all over. Same is true in-game and via PM. I also have several stickies and regularly make additional threads to discuss other things. If we forget Arctic on a champ or whatever, it gets added to the Crate and then gets fixed.

I honestly don't know how to be more transparent.

2. nynevening

nynevening Member

Leave the swap 3... whats wrong with swap 3? The problem is the ton of damage on a huge area. Not even mad echoes scale like that.

3. Sokolov

Exactly. You quoted my post which basically that said exactly this.

I replied to someone claiming that Geo was fine before revamp because he didn't have Swap 3. I pointed out he DID have Swap 3 before revamp, then said we are considering nerfing Shockwave damage.

So when you reply to my post stating that with "exponential blah-blah." It's natural for me to assume you are DISAGREED with my posted thoughts and are referring to them.

4. nynevening

nynevening Member

I'm always angry man, like The Hulk.

But you must agree with me thats an insane ammount of damage. Just thinking that some firked up nerd will use that on me and call that "strategy" or "skill" makes me avoid playing ranked.

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I have been able to divine that Sok shows favoritism to IS, UD, KF, FW, ST, and SP. Sorry FS and SL, u suck! ;)

But for serious peeps, don't make things so gosh darn personal. Tis a game.

nynevening likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It is not a game, your skill in pox directly equates to your skill in life. I thought you knew that already darkjello. i am disappointed.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I suck even worse than FS or SL then... Darn.

8. nynevening

nynevening Member

I always sound angry and dramatic in english. But I learned english watching sitcoms so its not my fault.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

How much TOTAL dmg an aoe should do?

10. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

I always knew you were in when it came to bearded small women.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Silly @Sokolov , what I meant with the "cheap champ spam" thingy is that the more units are out, the more damage can be potentially dealt by Shockwave. Thats all.
    Cheap champ spam is a thing and you know it, sub 60 nora units shouldnt exist on this meta, unless they are purely support (who cant even attack) or moga.
    I will continue to "drop my 2 cents" whenever I can because I feel this is a big flaw in Pox nowadays.
    I wasnt aware Geo had Swap 3 on base before the revamp, but Im glad it did - because my only conclusion now is that the ability got way, way better because of the cheap champ spam thing, thus supporting my claim of what the game has become.
    You have a nice day! :D

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- It's ironic that this ability is a counter to the meta that you hate.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

It would be ironic if I hated the ability as well, which I don't. All I said is that the ability/champ got way, way better post revamp, that's all. I didn't say the ability is OP or need changing.
    Check out my posts, I didn't say Shockwave was overpowered at all, and I even said the root of the issue was another.
    But yeah, I'm acctually glad its a counter to this cheap champ spam meta, if only Frostwing Glaive wasnt shoeboxed - Id be tearing faces with it.

14. nynevening

nynevening Member

f(x) = kx

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I can still see his face, i wouldn't be satisfied with this level of transparency.

16. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I'm happy you are good at math, but answer my question with a normal sentance.

17. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

8-10 years

18. nynevening

nynevening Member

Area damage in most cases should be a constant damage in a constant area.
    Like 20 damage in 3 spaces radius.
    It can scale up or down, but slowly enough so it does not get broken.

The ammount does not matter, because it will scale with the cost. Like, I can have fire blast giving 15 damage for 35 nora or 30 damage for 80 nora or 60 damage for 200 nora...

PS: sry I thought it would be more clear that way

19. Sokolov

I know what you meant, I just disagree with it. And that is kind of funny about the Swap thing... you set it up so that you can believe you are right even if you are wrong. Genius! Of course, let's not forget your first post in this thread was about how adding Swap 3 is stupid on it, but now apparently you are happy that it's always had it. Talk about moving the goal posts!

Personally, I think that Shockwave was always really powerful, that hasn't really changed - and the "cheap champ spam" rhetoric is exaggerated. The key is that Geo doesn't see play without Swap 3, so the logical solution, if you want interesting runes to be playable, is to let it have Swap 3 and tone down Shockwave. But you can see there that it doesn't have much to do "cheap champ spam" at all, instead, it largely deals with the potential of Shockwave vs the cost of setup.

Throw your 2 cents whenever you want, just know that I will point out when you make factual errors (as I did previously in a couple other discussions).

Anyway, can you name all the sub-60 nora champions who are a problem that are actually run in the meta? I'd honestly be surprised if there is actually more than 1-2 per faction that falls into this category. Also, any idea what the average cost of champions in BGs? It's nowhere near as low as 60, I'll tell you that

Note: I am not saying, cheap, efficient champions don't exist, or that some of them don't need changes. I just don't think it's true that BGs are filled with cheap champs or that Shockwave's power has particularly changed because of this.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  20. nynevening

nynevening Member

Then I was like:
    lsf3h.jpg

LOL... sry that my awful english dont allow better comunication