Ironfist Stronghold Questions (and new player info)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by ARlSTOTLE, Mar 31, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why weren't all dwarves lucky enough to be tainted? They missed the chance to become glorious Skeezick!

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- You lost me at "taint"... leave that alone or you will go blind.

ARlSTOTLE likes this.
  3. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

So I was looking through IS and KF, taking a look at a few stunner BGs, both ff and split. I have found that IS can easily field a BG with 27 champs, all of which have some form of stun, and 2 hammer strikes, and 1 unobstructed view. Enough of the champs have anti-equip that disarm not necessary. Anyone ever tried something like this? I've been playing around with a stunner BG last few days now. It's fun in campaigns, not sure how it would do in the real world though. Some of the ranged stunners are just awesome too, whether a theme BG or not. Exemplar, roughneck, windfury, engineer (love this guy in the BG, as he stuns, then sits back and make grobles, then goes in to stun when it CD again, then more grobles, cycle repeating), ward of ailur, wall of ailur, etc, etc.

I've modified slightly to add some alternative damage to all physical, have an angel of mercy, barb shaman, ivory wing, DMC, and bane blast (stun all and then cast bane blast for MASSIVE DAMAGE). Also have a bluefist (need to forge/add another) since he has charged frost damage, and can typically stun someone every round with his combo: stun and multiattack upgrades.

I'm not even using all of the stun options in the faction, so I'll be trying some out, and those that I frequently don't deploy, I'll swap out for other options. Either way, it's fun to be able to stun EVERYTHING. Only things you can't are those immune to physical. That's where you use your blind from the roughnecks while you whittle them down with the magic/electricity damage.

I ended up with 25 champs, 4 spells, and warbanner.

Thoughts? Comments?

4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I tried a stun bg time ago, with x2 roughneck x2 DMC x2 windfury and x2 stoneskin, that was the core with hammerstrike and bane blast
    It's very funny, when your oppo haven't got cleanse, but ehi we have soulreaver so np when it's in range.

I remember there was something else, but uhm...don't remember it right now XD

5. JaceDragon

However, only 4 spells, x2 hammer x2 bane uhm i think something like refute x2 will help u to control the game much more, to block the cleanse or a key spell/champ/relic

6. ARlSTOTLE

Perhaps I could add a Soul Reaver or two to prevent the cleansing as well.

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I prefer a Stun/stealth bg, 2 of each one of Roughnecks, Sharpshooters, Agents and Nightwatchs. Then 2 x hammer, 2x baneblast, Soul reaver, Earthshaker and then 2 x D.Magister, 2x Ethereal priestess for Force Barrier spam. Then add all the knockback you want (DMC and robodog). It's about general annoying, forcing your opponent into a bad position, and exploiting it with Stun + Bane blast combos, and Agents mines into Force barrier.

8. JaceDragon

Ok my bg was something like this

x2 bluefist
    x2 DMC
    x2 roughneck
    x1 sergent
    x2 exemplar
    x1 agent
    x1 minister
    x2 nightwatch
    x2 pov
    x2 stoneskin

Spells:

x2 baneblast
    x2 blink
    disarm
    x2 hammer strike
    x2 refute
    UV

RElic
    banner and earthshaker

and a soulreaver

I don't know why x2 blink, i would replace blink for a second soulreaver i guess

9. ARlSTOTLE

So has anyone seen any good threads in any of the other faction forums which have good info on 10/10 with IS? I'll link them in this thread.

10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

You so old, stahp stinkin' up dis place.

11. ARlSTOTLE

I don't get it...

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- 3o rune decks now....15/15 broseph...come over here bud...sit down and drink this water to get your bearings fella...We had to sit Captain America down after he woke back up too ...it's ok.

ARlSTOTLE likes this.
  13. ARlSTOTLE

I'm glad you caught it. And yeah, I guess that does make me old in terms of this game. I remember when the 30 runedock got leaked early by green showing a screen shot of something. Someone quoted the screenshot and was all, "Is that a 30 runedock I see?" Whoops? I have enough trouble narrowing it down to 30, I can't even remember how I used to get it down to 20.

14. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Good to see that you made this ARIS! This should be a valuable thing for the community.