Is it Playstation launch day? or is it supposed to be a some kind of secret?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsrath, May 23, 2017.

1. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

There has been next to no publicity on the day of launch on Playstation... are you kidding me?

The last time Poxnora posted on Facebook was 10 May 2017...

The twitter feed is literally a list of people complaining about the client.

I'm disappointed to say the least. I'm no marketing expert but i'm certain I could do a better job in my sleep.

Tweek516 and TheRavager like this.
  2. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

The launch is definitely a little half-baked, but making claims you couldn't possibly hold to, (better job in your sleep), doesn't lend your grievance much clout. I'm sure the launch would be much worse if you or I or anyone attempted it in our sleep.

That said, it's clear this morning has been a bit of a fumble. The 05/23 deadline was obviously premature. If Sony stipulated this date, then DOG should have insisted on Sony's help to make it happen. Better still, a stiff armed "NO" until all the pins were in place(*). On the other hand, if DOG kept telling Sony that all was good, all on course, all A-OK, well, we can only hope the frosting will be tasty enough to make up for the delay and the possibly unbaked center. Personally, I can't make any comment about the new client until Steam gets updated, a sadly neglected aspect to this launch(**), (lesson, make sure you have enough forks for everyone, especially those already seated).

(*) A lost art in the world of software development.
    (**) Necessary because a stand alone port wasn't provided for Mac.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Doubt it could be to expensive to use Facebook or Twitter, or even have a newsinfo on their own website besides the banner. Its almost like they are ashamed of the coming client and dont want to push for it.
    Cant be that timeconsuming to just send out a little info, the images are already done with the PS4 video just use them a bit more.

4. haroldkin

I don't think it's about expense but rather time. DOG are obviously short staffed for all the tasks that need to be done at the moment, and yes, making posts on facebook, twitter, website, forums, etc., are all time consuming tasks. It is at this moment that Sony should be lending hands to help make this happen.

I'm sure DOG are quite proud of this opportunity and frustrated no end that it's not going smoothly. Hindsight says the launch date was premature. But that's the past and can't be redone. In the present, real problems, (broken / missing installers, UI issues, etc,) have to take precedence over forum posts and tweets. You turn off the water THEN mop the floor.

Protick and nepyonisdead like this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I expect they are waiting to see if it is something worth advertising on release.

If it turn out that it'll be unplayable for the next few days then it's better they wait until then before putting the word out, otherwise they get all their potential customers come in and say Firk this for a laugh.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This is a soft release. Full release is supposed to be when the expansion hits.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'm with devils here. For so long I've been optimistic about this launch, but today has changed that. I hope I'm proven wrong about the future, but this has been disastrous so far.

nepyonisdead, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Steam/FB releases all over again.

9. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Just loaded up my PS4 and PoxNora appears on the front page of free games. Downloading now, will update ya'll on how it comes accross, although i see people on twitter having issues loading the tutorial right now

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I just feel bad for @Sokolov . By the sounds of it, he has had minimal involvement with this side of things.

The balance of the game (his side of it) is amazing - it (and he) is just let down by everything else. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes though.

Anyway, enough doomsaying, gotta force myself to stop. Hopefully it all goes well at the expansion :).

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Yes PvE games in general seem to be broken, you are being left hanging at load screen.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Dog doesn't give two shits about the ps release, and at this point they are probably hoping it fails asap so it does not detract too many players

aseryen likes this.
  13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I managed to login and link my account on PS4 but when trying to make a deck I couldn't seem to access the filter at all, if there is a label showing which button it is off the side of my screen and can't be seen... I tried all buttons to no avail.

Main thing I noticed was the major loading times when going to the matches lobby and when entering the deck building page. Will try again tomorrow I guess.

14. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

I'm now of the understanding that the Playstation Poxnora client is absolutely unfit for purpose and bug-ridden. Commands such as 'A' for attack, using number keys for abilities and even the chat lobbies have been removed or aren't working.

It's no wonder this launch has been kept a secret- what a joke and disappointment. You've let me down big this time guys.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  15. DiCEM0nEY

People were actually expecting something different?

16. haroldkin

???

Nuggets of wisdom shouldn't come from your colon; dig deeper.

How in the world are you coming to the conclusion DOG doesn't care about the PS4 release? PS4 presence means more players, which means means more packs sold, which means more revenue.

What happened this morning is anyone's guess, (my vote still goes for 'bit off too much/understaffed'). But you can be certain they care about the PS4 release. Otherwise, why bother? Heck, given the current state of the player base, if they didn't care they would have packed it in a long time ago.

17. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

There is no world in which this game took off on ps4, even if the client was godlike and the launch was seamless.

BurnPyro likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

19. DiCEM0nEY

I doubt that, but the blame does rest on Sony, which probably didn't want to take a risk putting too many resources into the game. DOG also to blame.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  20. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

As much as I want to join the circlejerk of people blasting the new client, lack of advertising, and everything else wrong with the game, I will still hold out hope for the next few upcoming rounds of patches and bug fixes. The devs had their hands tied and it's hard to imagine that they have many resources or enthusiasm left for the game at this point.

That being said the game is literally unplayable on the ps4. I tried one game and I became so frustrated with everything that I almost just turned it off. I can only imagine what the new players are thinking and experiencing. The games have to be short because it takes so long to swap between champs and abilities that epic matches, with 5 or more champs on both sides, are impossible to manage with the clunky design. Worse still, the deck manager is nigh impossible to use.
    I know this is all negative but I want to believe in the future.