IS/SP Constructs

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by TheBulwark, Mar 4, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I am fan of one Silverclan Hoplite block two and enduring arua makes constructs a pain. Sudo range and magic damage.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Moga Cannon? I agree that they're good, but what synergy do they offer other than a pure range goodness?

And on Metallic slag, I've tried diff buils and believes that 75 nora Hallucino+Fascinate is the best. You only need 1 hit in to take out a melee champ as opposed to 69 nora Turtle+Fascinate which is kinda easy to avoid, and after turtle goes on CD, you're back to the danger zone. Not sure how many of my games have been saved by Fascinate against range champs, and Hallucino against melee range. Fascinate even acts as a pseudo AP gen via pulling the champs for possible double taps. I really love my Slag that much

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Sorry I've been playing and piece meal collecting for so long that I didn't consider budget options. However you should keep as many champs in theme as possible.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

Moga cannon are buffed by cyclops artificer.
    Positioning control combined with firecases, Slag Fascinate, Symbiot AOE control, guard tower, earthshaker allow for huge amounts of the battlefield to be under your influence.
    Slam into lava.
    Forge hammer + Moga Cannon = Insane.
    AOE Fire damage lets you pop real firecases when you want, as well as heal them and Artificers if you run fire eater.

5. negatorxx

ALso, i jsut cant see the randomly moving glider being good. I may give it a shot.

Also trying:

Dwarven catapults, for launching firecases and
    Clockwork swarms. Swarm is good. anti range is good. IS spells like Might of Iron Fist and Mark of Redemption, + equips like Forge hammers should be pretty tasty on them.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

RedScarlet likes this.
  7. negatorxx

bump for IS/SP becoming a thing. been doing work lately, until i come up against FS angels.

8. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

I am playing around with that split and thats my feedback so far:

Warcards and Firecases are seriously good includes and carry a big part of that split theme. The Slag really shines if used right and can shut down a lot of nasty stuff. Purger are solid to. One of my favorite champs right now. Good upgrades nice spirit and feels balanced.

On the other hand there are 2 SP units that needs a little tweaking.

Cyclops Artificer:
    High cd's do really hurt him. Most of the time he feels like dead meat. I think he was designed to be a core rune of that theme but fails in this role.
    For me he needs to lose Shatter on base. In a construct bg you are going to run Silverclan Tinkerer with Shatter anyway. In cyclops decks you have the Stonecaller and of course Diamont Mace. Thats 6 nora for a semi sandbag skill on base.

My suggestion is to drop Shatter on base and give him range 3-5 or even 4-5. Constructs really need some ranged support.
    Bomb feels somehow wasted too but is flavorful.

Cyclops Warsmith:
    He is cheap but thats it. If you need to decide between him and a Silverclan Tinkerer you will almost always end in not choosing him except you really need that boost.
    He has its role in a ff Cyclops deck but in a split he is just bad because there is no incentive to play him over a Tinkerer or Engineer.
    Rev 'Em Up on base or upgrade 2 might help for making him a more offensive orientated supporter. (I prefer upgrade 2 for keeping him cheap)

Haven't tried Symbionts. How do they play in constructs?

9. Nerdhead

Nerdhead The King of Potatoes

Capture.JPG

I have had a very good success with this. The mammoth club is nice on the glider...