Is spirit of the mountain the only split hero without an equip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Mar 19, 2014.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

If so, please release an equip for the worst split hero evurrrrrr.

He has a cool sprite.

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

What would you give him as an equip?
    An immobile shrine where moga and squirrels worship him?

3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That seems plausible!

something like.. hmm.. Maybe an equip that grants soul collector, if equipped to sotm he also gains triumphant roar? or the ST avatar ability that gives dmg/hp? something to do with roaring/buffing champs :p I would say battle hymm but that sounds weird on a lion. Battle roar? same effect different name? D:

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Jyx doesn't have an equip and either does...I think Moragen even tho FF she don't have equip either.

5. lungz421

lungz421 Member

Gemma give it Battle Drum and call it good? if its the one that replicates itself a bunch, not sure if i remember right, then only on the 'real' one though...

6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Vindrax and Valdac lack one too. Same as Tremir and huh.. a couple more

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Tremir's equip is Horn of Order actually, but no one ever uses it on him.

Aside from Jyx, yes Spirit is the only split hero without an equip to his name. Even if they gave him one, he would still require some QoL buffs to make him viable.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I think the problem here is that SOTM would get pretty dumb pretty fast with any kind of equip that is designed for him.

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The old devs said there was artwork made for SotM's equip but it wasn't released. The new devs probably have access to that artwork, I would assume.

10. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Triumphal Roar is actually pretty solid as an idea..

11. only

only Active Member

I would like that SOTM would be somehow buffed (read: reworked). because Ghost is stupid ability so it would need to be another source of ethereal, I guess Ethereal or Phase Shift. but he is spirit and beasts and I think it might be real good opener for specific decks.

and yes, I second trumphal Roar being cool on him.

12. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Grimlic lacks one as well

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Grimlic is not a split hero. The thread is about split-heroes that don't have equips, not full-faction heroes. SotM is the only split-hero, released with the others, that doesn't have one. To be fair, though, Jyx, who was released much later than the others, also doesn't have one.

dsjtheman likes this.
  14. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I thought Darkmarsh Blackstaff was SotM's equip because it's so stupid :p

15. only

only Active Member

Kiergana has two: Rage Band and that other one.

16. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Kierganas is Tome of Faded Souls. Rage band works well for her, but isn't her equip. ( Meaning, an equip that she gets a nora reduction or extra power for specifically. )

17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It's a joke.

18. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Yes. it is.

19. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Spirit of the mountain is so bad and useless that only equip that would do him good is "Tranform Spirit of the mountain into a champion of your choosing. This effect lasts indefinitely."

20. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

It'd probably be a lot better if the manifestation actually got AP on the turn manifested instead of being a standing target all the time.