Is summon ant an insane spell or do I just need to git gud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Jul 6, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

The spell creates a summon that deals like 16 damage and possibly spawns up to 2 more ants.

I know this isn't the yetihide cape polar ant days, but summon ant just makes me hate the ant again.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's pretty silly.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't think it's just you. That spell has gotten the attention of quite a few people.

4. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Swarm is an extremely strong mechanic. Swarm from the runedock is insane, and usually has to have a prohibitively high cost or be exceedingly difficult to pull off. Summon Ant is neither of those things. Hyaenid Instigator used to have this problem because he was cheap and could gain a ton of AP.

Sokolov likes this.
  5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Both of the above sir

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

swarm is overpowered. Swarm needs to make weaker units than it does currently and not cost as much nora to champs. Sever summons needs a similar nerf. Same thing with hunter abilities.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it was a 70 nora spell that got -10 nora.

it was originally 80 then 70.

of course both of those costs were when swarm made real chaps that had spell presense and could contest fonts, I miss summon ice block =(

I do agree and had already suggested a cost increase.

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Question:
    Would the spell be redundent and unused if there was no swarm on it and if people did not know it used to have swarm?

9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You mean, if you were casting a 60 nora spell for ~16 dmg? Yeah, nobody would use that.

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i forgot to add, IF the adjustments that were made to it to count for the swarm.

13. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Making the swarm ability "... a version of this champion with no upgrades and half this champion's max HP is summoned ..." would help make swarming swarms less of a problem.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  14. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

-1 Damage, +5 nora

imo

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

already summons a champ with no upgrades in polar ant's case the 50% hp would probably help a lot. Adding more Nora to the spell still doesn't solve the problem. Unless the goal is just to keep adding Nora to its cost until no one will bother running it.

16. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

The idea with the HP is that swarms of swarms get progressively lower HP.

The wording would have to be done so that faction bonus and banner aren't part of "current champion's Max HP" though. Otherwise all swarms-of-swarms-of-swarms could still end up getting 30HP.