Is this really needed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrokenNeck, Feb 4, 2015.

1. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

Another font defender for IS?

A Fully loaded

Stalwart Defender, with Loyalty and Font Defender on base, is 62 nora with 5 Defense

Sentinel of Ailur, with Resistance: Physical 3 and Font Defender, is 59 nora with 4 Defense

Grintmaw Gravitone, with Slam and Font Defender, is 74 nora

The latter of the three is more of a combat font defender with slam, a 51 base hp and Kinetic Impulse.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Again. Why are people taking Font Defender on Grintmaw Gravitone?

Etherielin, Baskitkase and SPiEkY like this.
  3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Are people really running all three in the same deck? Because that would honestly surprise me.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

My data for the top 200 shows:

12 Gravitones
    1 Sentinel
    1 Stalwart Defender

The Sentinel and Stalwart are used by different players, neither of whom are using Gravitones.

Etherielin and Baskitkase like this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Only 1 Defender in the top 200? This is a travesty the guy is a hoss.

6. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

im using that defender D:

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

NO SHINY HORN FOR YOU!

Bestows Markoth, the Shiny Horn

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good man. Carry on.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Who on earth is running Sentinel and then the better question would be, why?

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What i'm getting is this dude is being ran with impassioned in the higher ranks, and Font Defender in the lower ranks.

Makes sense.

Etherielin, Baskitkase and SPiEkY like this.
  11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

honestly i like sentinel better than stalwart cause he can be vortexed or relocated
    but i wish he had soul of ailur on base so we don't have to choose between it and font defender =/ cause i play leoss bg

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I use sentinel every now and then just to throw it out and have my opponent be like "wtf" ? Other than that i don't see many peeps running him at all. Even though that surprise 27 damage with pummel and boost 3 is a real nut kicker to the unexpected foe.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Here's what you'll see. In lower ranks people are less likely to build a proper bg with the proper tools that all BGs should have. Therefore, expecting that you're cute little font defender will stay in the font is fairly on point.

In higher ranks, the way you protect a font is by smartly deploying, positioning and utilizing the right combination of champions, spells, equipments and relics based on what your opponent deploys and your own built-in strategies.

No single ability will win games in higher levels. It might win one game, but it won't be consistent.

In lower levels, odd or infrequent abilities can often when you the game, since people mash power into their BGs and leave out the utility - which might not be as fun or flashy - but is just as important.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Protip, you should send all your sentinels to the forge. Every. Single. One.

If you deploy that sentinel I'm going to deploy non physical melee(Obv inb4 RD)/bombs. Now people in low levels might not have that in their deck, but if you're playing anyone worth their salt, they will.