Is this works as intended? Explaination to long for title

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Compost, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

So say you have a champ with certain abilities, and you put an equip on him that gives him Bane Shift based on abilities he has. In order to benefit from certain abilities from said equip, the champ must have a certain trait/ability whatever. So if you equip it to a champ that doesn't have the trait/ability, it doesn't get that benefit from the equip.

But say later on, that champ gains the required trait/ability. Currently, the equip doesn't, like, update I guess. You will not get the extra stuff out of the equip if you gain the ability to do so after equipping.

This probably doesn't make much sense so I'll just name the specific circumstance. Firk paraform gains the basic attack type of whatever damage is done to people near him, right? Say you have a psychic deck so naturally he gains psychic attack fairly quickly. So you put a chillshard on him to give him catalyst frost and have him Bane Shift ice at people who whack him. Catalyst frost is all he gets from chillshard because all he has is attack psychic.

But then he smacks some fool, and the resulting frost dot from chillshard gives our paraform bro attack: frost. Chillshard should give a champ with attack: frost psychic catalyst, allowing him to also hurt peoples feelings when they attack him or whatever psychic "damage" is supposed to be.

Alas, currently it does not. He will chill (heh) with just cataylst: psychic until the end of time. So the only way to give paraform that juicy 8 double catalyst proc is to equip a chillshard on some other chump, wait until parabro has both attack psychic and attack frost, and then throw a second chill shard on him.

So my question; is this WAI? I get that this is something that is rarely relevant, as champs don't often gain additional abilities and equips don't often have ability requirements, but this still feels like an overlooked code issue.

Anyways, since this is literally the most important issue in pox right now so if it's not WAI it will be top priority fix come this patch right?

Right sok?

aseryen and poinl like this.
  2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

At a guess the code for the equip just checks when it's applied and not continually every turn. There's not many instances other than this one where it would be an issue. If you really think it's a bug put it in the bug forums.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Definitely not intended. Older equipment will behave this way but new equipment should generally work this way. During the recent equipment pass we caught a bunch of these but if any remain after next patch please let us know via the bug forums.

Tweek516 and poinl like this.