It's been years since I've seen anyone play a g'hern.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbouya, May 19, 2015.

1. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

Please fix G'hern somehow, no one has played any G'hern in many years.

I'm aware everyone loves hyaenid djinni voil elementals and cyclops, you guys made too many themes to fit all in one faction, probably because g'hern and moga were so unpopular.... either find a way to fix the g'hern... or rework the g'hern so they at least work with the other themes that already work well in SP.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ghern juggler

SaintKiwi and Pattn199 like this.
  3. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

They're apparently working on fixing the fact that moga cost absurd amounts for what they provide.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. dbouya

even when moga were like 20-30 nora and people sometimes played them they still sucked because aoe spell spam was so popular... I think the only real fix to moga/g'hern is to make it so that a person can easily afford to play 2or3 of them in a voil/hynaeid/elemental/cyclops deck... like cavernkeeper or g'hern juggler or whatever already seem to be able to do....

I'd love to see the full moga/g'hern theme deck return to play... but... the problem is that there've been like 20expansions with 0 moga in them so even if moga worked at all as a concept it's been under developed compared to voils/cyclops even hynaeid

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I preferred the old g'hernbound where they lost all their abilities when out of range.

6. dbouya

yeah me too

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

From what I remember, G'hern were almost never popular. Instead people would run just enough g'hern/helm/scarecrow to keep their moga fully functional.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I would be happy with moga coming back. My desire to use shockwave on 10 units simultaniously demands it.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    EmperorSauron, Vorian, Xuvali and 2 others like this.
  9. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I play moga from time to time but the meta is to harsh at the moment. The only people I beat are people ignore my relocate foe or viscous harpoon.

10. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Wait? There's a faction called shattered peaks?

11. dbouya

well lots of moga and a few g'hern are the intended theme and roll of g'hern, that's what I meant. Yeah surge or thrower were the only ones really ever run, but that's fine, those haven't been run though in eons, partly because of the change to ghernbound, partly because of other reasons.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I didn't mean completely g'hernless, just minimal g'hern. As opposed to g'hern focused surging off of moga den and illusions. I remember seeing mostly moga as long as I can remember.

13. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure this argument about moga crops up like once a year at least and every time they get significant buffs that leads to them being OP. following on from that, they get nerfed due to the complaints. rinse and repeat endlessly for pox's lifetime.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think moga need some buffs, especially after the recostings.

15. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm pretty certain Moga/G'hern is still played here and there (I Like to dabble with it)

Wasn't Tiny running it pre expansion?

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

He was running an exploit with traps and vicious harpoon, this is why he was able to run it successfully. The exploit still exist but moga without it are too weak.(even with it they are still weak compared to top meta bg)

17. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Exploit?

mortal ix likes this.
  18. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Reposting what I said in a Moga/G'hern thread on the SP forums:

"I've played Moga for my entire Pox career (though not exclusively), usually in the top 100, pretty often in the top 20. They were viable prior to this patch, but right now they are very weak due to the recosted formula. I brought the topic up to Sokolov and it seems that he has taken note of it, so hopefully they will get some love when the midterm patch drops.

I really love Moga, but not many people play them so they are often overlooked. At the top of my wish list for them are sandbags like Surge: G'hern, Berserk Attack, Hidden:Chasm going away, the 5 SPD G'hern moving up to 6 SPD, and any manual cost increases being taken off."

Xuvali likes this.
  19. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

He is referring to placing Traps with Trappers and then using Vicious Harpoon to Pull enemy units onto them for damage, which is not an exploit but which is seen as a cheese tactic by many.

20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Um, what happened to G'hernbound?

Played since 2007. Stopped 2011. Back 2015. Played couple of hundred games this year. Not seen any moga so far.